Sponsored by:

DIY: Program PSE at Home (ThinkDiag+)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2024, 06:56 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kneebras
Did you anyone have y’all run into “Not Supported” Error when trying to get past BKE Field Assignment settings. I was able to toggle on the Sport Exhaust Flap but I can’t configure the button to PSE on/off.
Which button you are trying to configure it to? Try configure it to the default Right-Button-2
Old 06-09-2024, 08:20 PM
David Gz
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know how to configure the start-stop button to position right 3 if you place the PSE button in the stock position right 2?
Old 06-09-2024, 08:25 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Originally Posted by David Gz
Does anyone know how to configure the start-stop button to position right 3 if you place the PSE button in the stock position right 2?
Just set button 3 to *** like you did with button 2
Old 06-10-2024, 02:28 AM
kneebras
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
Which button you are trying to configure it to? Try configure it to the default Right-Button-2
Yeah, I try to do both right button 2 and 3 which gives me a Not Supported message every time I press on it.
Old 06-10-2024, 03:48 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Yeah, I try to do both right button 2 and 3 which gives me a Not Supported message every time I press on it.
Seems weird. Did you turn your ignition to ON?
Otherwise, seems strange unless you don't have the valve.
Old 06-10-2024, 10:06 AM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts

Thank you, I will be needing this in the coming weeks.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:37 PM
kneebras
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems weird. Did you turn your ignition to ON?
Otherwise, seems strange unless you don't have the valve.
figured it out. So I have the 991.2 steering wheel retrofit and I’m using the GPS X adapter for the drive mode **** to sync with the switch panel. I had to remove that adapter on my switch panel to assign the PSE on the panel using the thinkdiag. I can hear the valves open and close as I press the button so I think it’s working now. Going to drive around and see how much better it sounds from what I had. Most likely won’t be that much different so already planning to get a aftermarket solution.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:43 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

figured it out. So I have the 991.2 steering wheel retrofit and I’m using the GPS X adapter for the drive mode **** to sync with the switch panel. I had to remove that adapter on my switch panel to assign the PSE on the panel using the thinkdiag. I can hear the valves open and close as I press the button so I think it’s working now. Going to drive around and see how much better it sounds from what I had. Most likely won’t be that much different so already planning to get a aftermarket solution.
nice! glad you figure it out! I don't have the PSE muffler and I am happy with the standard S muffler. It's already too loud for my wife. We can feel the vibration from inside the house and the door window is vibrating when the door is opened. It's making pops/crackles as well. I think i'll save the money that I was going to spend on an x-pipe.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:20 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

nice! glad you figure it out! I don't have the PSE muffler and I am happy with the standard S muffler. It's already too loud for my wife. We can feel the vibration from inside the house and the door window is vibrating when the door is opened. It's making pops/crackles as well. I think i'll save the money that I was going to spend on an x-pipe.
Same here. I'm happy with the sound of the -S center muffler. It's loud enough for me and biggest differences are.

1. The valves can stay open all the time as opposed to being controlled by computer previously. So I get much better exhaust gurgling when coming off the throttle
2. When driving with Wife and want a quiet ride I won't have valves being opened by computer either. Overall much better than stock.

Old 06-10-2024, 08:16 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Same here. I'm happy with the sound of the -S center muffler. It's loud enough for me and biggest differences are.

1. The valves can stay open all the time as opposed to being controlled by computer previously. So I get much better exhaust gurgling when coming off the throttle
2. When driving with Wife and want a quiet ride I won't have valves being opened by computer either. Overall much better than stock.
+1
Old 06-15-2024, 12:18 AM
David Gz
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought and installed the new console switches, easy to do.

I bought the ThinkDiag+ and followed these programming instructions as listed in the first post.
3.Air Conditioning -> Code/Brush -> Brush/hidden Modified -> Coding -> Key Field Coding Value Keypad - - Sport Exhaust Flap Available = Yes (Default+No)
4. Air Conditioning -> Code/Brush -> Brush/hidden Modified -> BKE Key Field Assignment (Button 2, Right side = Sport Exhaust)
5. DME -> Code/Brush Hiding -> Brush/Hidden Modified -> Coding -> Coding Byte 1 -- Solenoid switchover valve for exhaust flaps = YES (Default=No)
My 991.1 S took all setting changes. I placed the Sport Exhaust button in the OEM location at Right 2.

However, there is no change in sound when I press the Sport Exhaust button. The PSE button does illuminate the red light when I press it or the Sport button.
The exhaust is significantly louder at cold start for about 30 seconds. The exhaust then goes back to quiet and the sound does not change with any button presses.

Do I have a problem with change over valves?
What should I try next?
Old 06-15-2024, 01:43 AM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

I bought the ThinkDiag+ and followed these programming instructions as listed in the first post.
3.Air Conditioning -> Code/Brush -> Brush/hidden Modified -> Coding -> Key Field Coding Value Keypad - - Sport Exhaust Flap Available = Yes (Default+No)
4. Air Conditioning -> Code/Brush -> Brush/hidden Modified -> BKE Key Field Assignment (Button 2, Right side = Sport Exhaust)
5. DME -> Code/Brush Hiding -> Brush/Hidden Modified -> Coding -> Coding Byte 1 -- Solenoid switchover valve for exhaust flaps = YES (Default=No)
My 991.1 S took all setting changes. I placed the Sport Exhaust button in the OEM location at Right 2.

However, there is no change in sound when I press the Sport Exhaust button. The PSE button does illuminate the red light when I press it or the Sport button.
The exhaust is significantly louder at cold start for about 30 seconds. The exhaust then goes back to quiet and the sound does not change with any button presses.

What should I try next?
They sounds exactly like the change over valve. My car did the same, cold it was louder obviously as the RPM is higher. But as soon as it mellowed out i never got a change in sound. Try going into rear end electronics, actuation, and try actuating the exhaust valves. You should be able to hear them open and close.
Old 06-15-2024, 02:04 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

What should I try next?
Might also want to check to see if your vacuum tube is actually connected and not plugged. Folks used to cap it to get the same effect.
Old 06-15-2024, 11:13 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

What should I try next?
If you can hear the valve open at startup then close after startup process is done then your valves are working. You're still missing something in the programming. You don't need to have the car running to test this, if you have the ignition open with the car off and turn the valves on/off you can hear the click in the back even with the car off. I'd go to DME/actuation and looks for exhaust flap and turn them on from there so you can confirm that you hear the click over. Then go back and test the same with the button. It's very stange that the light on the button comes on but nothing happens with valve unless you have the button actually controlling something else but the fact that the PSE button light turns on when you turn on sport would lead me to believe that the button is actually mapped to PSE. Make sure that the PSE button isn't mapped to something else.

Last edited by joserpaq; 06-15-2024 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-15-2024, 07:55 PM
RGSVan
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got a C4S w/o PSE and I was successfully able to code right button 2 to sports exhaust and this now works well, also in combo with Sports/Sports+ modes. I then coded right button 3 to Auto Start/Stop with the purchase/install of a new switch kit. The reason I put button 3 to Auto Start/Stop is this is the factory layout.

However, the Auto Start/Stop function no longer works. When Auto Start/Stop is on, the green circle in the dashboard comes on, and the engine doesn't stop (this is, of course, in Normal mode after car has warmed up). Pushing the Auto Start/Stop switch removes the green circle, so the light function seems fine, but not programming. I've driven around a bit to verify it wasn't temperature, etc.

The battery is fully charged and new.

To relocate Auto Start/Stop to right button 3, this was my approach:
Air Conditioning
Code/Brush Hiding
Brush/Hidden Modified
BKE Key Field Assignment (Button 3, right side = Start/Stop system, where default was not assigned)
Write Code

I also checked Coding Byte 1 under the DME for start/stop and it was enabled.

I backed out the programming to go back to default (switch 2 Auto Start/Stop with no manual control of exhaust valves). That is, default, but this still didn't get the Auto Start/Stop to work.

Any suggestions to get Auto Start/Stop to work again?

Quick Reply: DIY: Program PSE at Home (ThinkDiag+)