Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 911.2 Owner - Android auto, brakes, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024 | 01:24 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark_rossi
What would be the easiest way to put the car on external power while I do the flashing? I have a battery tender, should I remove the plastic under the hood and connect it that way instead of connecting my battery tender clamps to the emergency fuse box connection? Is there a better way?
I used a low setting on my battery charger and connected it straight to the battery.
Old 05-19-2024 | 01:27 PM
mark_rossi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Got Bearings?
I used a low setting on my battery charger and connected it straight to the battery.
Cool, will go that route then. Do you remember how long it took? I saw in the wiki there is an option to backup the maps which takes over an hour but I am not sure if the default automatic backup does that or not.
Old 05-19-2024 | 01:30 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Cool, will go that route then. Do you remember how long it took? I saw in the wiki there is an option to backup the maps which takes over an hour but I am not sure if the default automatic backup does that or not.
Honestly, I don't remember. It wasn't long.. under 30 min but my gut is telling me it was even faster than that.
Old 05-19-2024 | 01:36 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Also, I turned off the headlights & AC/fans to keep the electrical draw to a minimum. I rolled down the DS window and periodically looked at the status without the need to open the car door.
Old 05-19-2024 | 01:56 PM
mark_rossi
Track Day

I hope mine isnt patched with some new software that blocks this. i cant get into the programming menu. I tried holding car + tuner for 5 sec and also did button 1 then 2 quickly and most of the time it doesnt work but a couple of times i got some german writing at the bottom of the screen that says ackchung or something and it doesnt go into the menu and kicks back to the home screen.... :/
Old 05-19-2024 | 02:47 PM
mark_rossi
Track Day

I hope mine isnt patched with some new software that blocks this. i cant get into the programming menu. I tried holding car + tuner for 5 sec and also did button 1 then 2 quickly and most of the time it doesnt work but a couple of times i got some german writing at the bottom of the screen that says ackchung or something and it doesnt go into the menu and kicks back to the home screen.... :/

IT WORKS!

This is AWESOME! Thanks so much and thanks to the people who made this possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Got Bearings? (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024 | 02:52 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Nevermind... I see you got it working!

Old 05-19-2024 | 05:06 PM
mark_rossi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Got Bearings?
Nevermind... I see you got it working!

Yeah I re-read the docs and it said it wont work for a few minutes after turning on up to 5 minutes, i guess that is what it was.

There is no way to skip songs or pause them via the steering wheel, correct? Actually now that i think of it, there is no way to skip songs or skip to next station/preset from the steering wheel from any mode, unless I am missing something?

Overall its amazing how well this works, next I will try it with the AA wireless.

Last edited by mark_rossi; 05-19-2024 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: New 911.2 Owner - Android auto, brakes, etc.