Sponsored by:

Glovebox Latch Broken

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 12:04 PM
clubberlang06
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Glovebox Latch Broken

Hello all - did a lot of searching through the threads but couldn't find anything on this one. Has anyone had issues with the glovebox latch? A week ago I pulled the lever open but felt no resistance, the glovebox dropped open, and hasn't been able to close since. I tried toggling the lock mechanism on and off, shook things around a bit but no luck. I also tried pulling out the tabs on the side of the glovebox door that go into the slots above to secure it shut, but the internal mechanism must be broken - once the tabs push in, there is no force pushing them back out.

This, of course, drives me nuts. I'd rather not do a velcro or magnet hack to keep it closed all the time. Anyone run into this issue and have a fix that doesn't involve changing the whole glovebox assembly entirely? That seems like a PITA based on the guides I saw in my searches. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2020, 11:47 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,313 Posts

in the Book Of All The Parts Ever(TM) (for the .2 anyways) I'm not seeing anything as I glance through it indicating a latch mechanism. It's likely just a part of the whole assembly or lower assembly.

Old 05-19-2024, 05:53 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone found a solution for this? My glovebox no longer stays closed when I push it to the closed position.

Quick Reply: Glovebox Latch Broken