Sponsored by:

PASM/PADM

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 05:33 PM
911dreamer!
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PASM/PADM

Hi all, yesterday I ran into another Pcar owner and we started talking. He had mentioned that he had engine mount failure related to his PADM. He asked If had any issues I said no because I had no clue what he was talking about and have the car less than a month. I do have PASM and Sports Chrono, 991.1 C2S. I looked at the build sheet and while I see PASM I don't see PADM. Simple question for you experts. Is PADM an option or is part of PASM and or Sports Chrono?
Old 09-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Emefef
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dreamer!
Hi all, yesterday I ran into another Pcar owner and we started talking. He had mentioned that he had engine mount failure related to his PADM. He asked If had any issues I said no because I had no clue what he was talking about and have the car less than a month. I do have PASM and Sports Chrono, 991.1 C2S. I looked at the build sheet and while I see PASM I don't see PADM. Simple question for you experts. Is PADM an option or is part of PASM and or Sports Chrono?
From the original 991 brochure:

Dynamic Engine Mounts
Dynamic engine mounts are included in the new Sport Chrono Package. Based on the dynamic engine mounts formerly available in 911 GT3 and 911 Turbo models, they make a decisive contribution to dynamic performance by controlling centrifugal forces.The electronically controlled system minimizes the oscillations and vibrations of the entire drivetrain, especially the engine. The engine is bolted to the body by two mounts. Like any mass, it obeys the law of inertia. This means that it will continue moving in a uniformly straight line unless some force causes it to change direction. Dynamic engine mounts minimize the centrifugal effect. Steering angle and both longitudinal and lateral acceleration are constantly recorded by sensors. The stiffness and damping performance of the
engine mounts adapt to changes in driving style and road surface conditions, which is achieved by use of a fluid magnetized in an electrically generated field. This results in greater traction and more stable handling under load change conditions and in fast corners.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:00 PM
911dreamer!
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts

Perfec, thanks @Emefef Another part I have to worry about! lol.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:11 PM
jsurf44
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

More than a few people have replaced them with solid mounts purchased from fcp with lifetime replacement for much less than the cost of the active ones.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:30 PM
swisman
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know if the dynamic engine mounts have a history of failing?
I have a 2018 991.2 GTS with 13K. Unfortunately...car is out of warranty.
Just had a fault "PADM failure"...OK to drive.
Trying to find out if it's a known issue & possible "goodwill discount" from Porsche/dealer, as it's expensive to replace.

Quick Reply: PASM/PADM