Sponsored by:

Tractive Suspension Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 11:27 AM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by moralman
Mine is a 997.1 thus does not have the velocity tables. Running 40/100 Frt/Rr spring rates.
Been using the G Table to try to get the compliance as the Shock calibration and G-comfort don't seem to be able to sort out the low speed jumping.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Where is the car jumpy, is it just cruising down a straight road, under cornering, braking etc.? Also does the car pitch forward or back when going over bumps? I think this can be resolved in the shock calibrations. First thing that needs to be done is getting the car to not pitch at 20-50 MPH driving down a slightly rough road. Then start working on the any increase or decrease of milliamps percentage in cornering, braking etc.
I found this Tractive Damper dyno which was a huge help for me as I could see what the damper forces are at certain milliamps .

What values are you using for shock calibration for the 0% and 100%.

The following users liked this post:
Tier1Terrier (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 08:42 AM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 384 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by IRunalot
Where is the car jumpy, is it just cruising down a straight road, under cornering, braking etc.? Also does the car pitch forward or back when going over bumps? I think this can be resolved in the shock calibrations. First thing that needs to be done is getting the car to not pitch at 20-50 MPH driving down a slightly rough road. Then start working on the any increase or decrease of milliamps percentage in cornering, braking etc.
I found this Tractive Damper dyno which was a huge help for me as I could see what the damper forces are at certain milliamps .

What values are you using for shock calibration for the 0% and 100%.

Ooooo, where can I get my grubby paws on that? My suspension bits are supposed to be showing up this week, and shortly thereafter I'm going to need to do some tuning.
Old 02-05-2024, 09:07 AM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by enzotcat
Ooooo, where can I get my grubby paws on that? My suspension bits are supposed to be showing up this week, and shortly thereafter I'm going to need to do some tuning.
I actually found it on the Bimmerpost forum and it led back to a 997 forum on Rennlist. I was lost tuning the dampers until I found it. I wish I could find one with more detail.

Quick Reply: Tractive Suspension Help