Sponsored by:

Hoping this is normal….

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 01:16 PM
F1SML8R
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
I have had my 2018 991.2 for about 6 months and absolutely love it. Just recently I have noticed when the car is cold I can hear a slight ticking from the engine or exhaust. It seems barely noticeable when the engine is warm or normal operating temperature. Is this ticking normal? I would upload the sound , but I am a little behind in computer skills. Thanks in advance and hoping this is normal.
Totally normal. Also, you'll soon figure out that you get other unique noises when you drive the car hard (think track day). I've noticed that after a few track sessions, the turbos will sound a but different (noisier). I chalk all of the preceding up to the expansion and contraction of materials in the drivetrain as you use the car and temps go up and down. Trust me, if something breaks, you'll know it! So, just drive the car regularly and you'll quickly figure out what's normal and what isn't.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:54 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 453 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Happy Memorial Day to all!
I'm sorry to say that Memorial Day in NOT a happy holiday. It is to remember those who gave their lives so that we might live in this GREAT county today. BTW, I am a veteran and salute those who went before me.

Quick Reply: Hoping this is normal….