Sponsored by:

What kind of person does this

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 10:35 AM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,514 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
I find ***** drawings on dirty cars kinda funny, as long as it wasn't actual damage I would laugh it off, get the car washed and move on, why waste the emotional cycles. Only so many F*cks to give in life and this isn't worth one of them IMO
Amen brother, life is way too short to get all worked up about silly stuff like this particularly when zero actual harm was done. Didn't most of us do foolish stuff like this when you were in high school? I know I did, kids are idiots and do stupid things.

If you have nice things you put them at risk by leaving them out where the public can access them. It comes with the turf. Be thankful it was fixed with a hose rather than a new paint job.
The following 2 users liked this post by PV997:
desmotesta (05-24-2023), Elmiko (05-27-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:42 AM
JimEb
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

A year or so ago I stopped for gas at a busy gas station, I was in my van. Anyway at the pump next to me was a older man (probably 80’s) with a new guards red 992. I wanted to chat with him but soon discovered he was in a heated argument with some young antifa looking kid next pump over. The kid was going on and on about f&$@ Capitalists and why he has an expensive car, etc.

These guys are out there. Theres a short video clip I see all the time with a lambo at a top sign. A kid on a skateboard comes by and randomly takes the skateboard and shatters the lambo’s windshield.
Old 05-24-2023, 11:53 AM
911Raider
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JimEb
A year or so ago I stopped for gas at a busy gas station, I was in my van. Anyway at the pump next to me was a older man (probably 80’s) with a new guards red 992. I wanted to chat with him but soon discovered he was in a heated argument with some young antifa looking kid next pump over. The kid was going on and on about f&$@ Capitalists and why he has an expensive car, etc.

These guys are out there. Theres a short video clip I see all the time with a lambo at a top sign. A kid on a skateboard comes by and randomly takes the skateboard and shatters the lambo’s windshield.
The irony is, touch the punk's skateboard and watch how "anti-capitalist" and "how little" he care's about possessions. Lots of whack jobs out there.
The following users liked this post:
straka (05-25-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 12:05 PM
Home Run
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by NCheok
+1 | Yes, this is entirely DIY with no complexity, though I'll say 2 - 3 hours for a first timer to attempt. I'm on my 5th BlackVue throughout the past 15Y on different makes on models.

For my 991, I opt to use the BlackVue battery pack to provide uninterrupted power and have been running it seamlessly since I own it from 2016.

If you follow my links to choose a 4K 2 channel (4K front + 1080p rear) BlackVue to buy along with a complimenting BlackVue battery pack, here would be the instructions.

- There is no splicing, no tapping into the fusebox, no electronics manipulation. Everything is plug-n-play.
- The rear camera connects to the front camera through a single wire that provides video feed and power.
- The front camera connect to the BlackVue battery pack.
- The BlackVue battery pack connects to the 12V socket on the passenger side and powers the cameras for uninterrupted recording.
- The BlackVue app connects to both the dashcam and battery pack seamlessly providing real-time notifications if data is supplied to the dashcam via WiFi or LTE.

The part where you require patience and 75% of the time is to tuck all the wires nicely behind the trim.

The wires are all long enough so you won't have any problems tucking, BlackVue also supply a trim tool to help with the tucking and prying of trim.
N Cheok

Thanks for the Information.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:19 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Home Run
N Cheok

Thanks for the Information.
It is as easy as he described.

Well worth it.
Old 05-25-2023, 10:22 PM
mrpat3l
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

Damn sorry to hear about some of your experiences, I live in NYC and I always get love when I drive around, haven't had an ounce of negativity or hate shown my way.
People have been respectful and complimentary, no issues parking either.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:02 AM
jpu1
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpat3l
Damn sorry to hear about some of your experiences, I live in NYC and I always get love when I drive around, haven't had an ounce of negativity or hate shown my way.
People have been respectful and complimentary, no issues parking either.
This is the typical experience for sure, but there's an outlier for every thing at some point it seems like.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:01 AM
Viper1000
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by jpu1
I'm sorry that happened to you. It's frustrating and annoying to even have to think about that kinda crap to say the least...like how are people so devolved that they think this type of thing is ok?

A few weeks ago now I was chased, and passed on a double yellow at twice the speed limit because I honked and gave a salute to a guy who tried to use a left turn only lane to cut me off at a traffic light...which I even waited for him to do but he just sat there.

Anyway, he passed me on the double yellow, blew through a 4 way stop and tries to park me in and gets out of the car, wants to fight and smacks the side of it as I drove by him.

I only mention this because people suck, they're truly haters and have nothing better to do with their time these days and nothing surprises me...I have a dash camera so this guy has a court date in August.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrZRt...RlODBiNWFlZA==

footage for those bored.

Sorry to see all the issues with the moron since you didn't do anything wrong.....but I must ask, what burble tune do you have on the car. Love the burble on decal! Is it a NA car right?
Old 05-26-2023, 11:20 AM
jpu1
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1000
Sorry to see all the issues with the moron since you didn't do anything wrong.....but I must ask, what burble tune do you have on the car. Love the burble on decal! Is it a NA car right?
Hey there, it's a 2017 so it's a 3.0tt car. It's an S with GTS turbos added and running APR software. It only gives you the overrun/pops in sport mode. Comfort and sport+ is just turbo noise.
Old 05-26-2023, 03:47 PM
Home Run
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 49 Posts

This morning I go to have breakfast as I walk up to my car I notice lettuce and tomato around the car. As I start to open the door I look at the roof and noticed someone drew what looked like a *****. So, looked around the car and saw where someone either spit or dropped food on the car.
Good News. First l would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and responses to my post. After a long time of thinking about what happened I don't think this was a random act, I think it was a person that lives in my building. A couple of people have made a few off-handed remarks about my car plus it's gated with security. So I called the person that deals with corp housing and ask to be relocated to another place. I received a call from the office asking if I would be interested in an apartment with an enclosed garage at no additional cost. Problem solve.

SConn (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 05:06 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Good News. First l would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and responses to my post. After a long time of thinking about what happened I don't think this was a random act, I think it was a person that lives in my building. A couple of people have made a few off-handed remarks about my car plus it's gated with security. So I called the person that deals with corp housing and ask to be relocated to another place. I received a call from the office asking if I would be interested in an apartment with an enclosed garage at no additional cost. Problem solve.
Sounds like maybe it was a blessing in disguise!
detansinn (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:21 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by JimEb

IMO it's fine that some people hate capitalism. But if they want to live in a country without free markets they need to move.
orthobird (05-27-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 01:23 AM
orthobird
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Someone whom is extremely jealous. I parked my 991.2 TS outside a restaurant right near to front door. WHen I got out, someone had spit on the drivers side window. It was fresh too. missed seeing who did it probably by minutes. When they see what we have, it makes them very unhappy.

My 2019 TTS
Home Run (05-27-2023)

Quick Reply: What kind of person does this