991.1 GTS Black Front Spoiler Lower Lip

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 01:38 PM
Virgil Hilts
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 991.1 GTS Black Front Spoiler Lower Lip

Hi,

I am looking to replace my OEM painted lower front lip with a black one to match the side skirts (solid black instead of painted white plastic).

Does anyone know a supplier where I can get this part from please? I'm not sure if it was a factory option or an aftermarket part.

I've been looking for some time and drawn a blank either UK, or worldwide..

The white car is with the body coloured front lip is mine. The red car has got the black lower lip I am looking for.

Many thanks

VH

Old 03-04-2023, 08:42 AM
Clubber
Racer

Received 486 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Virgil Hilts
Hi,

I am looking to replace my OEM painted lower front lip with a black one to match the side skirts (solid black instead of painted white plastic).

Does anyone know a supplier where I can get this part from please? I'm not sure if it was a factory option or an aftermarket part.

I've been looking for some time and drawn a blank either UK, or worldwide..

The white car is with the body coloured front lip is mine. The red car has got the black lower lip I am looking for.

Many thanks

VH

It's the same lip, just painted matt black.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:42 PM
Virgil Hilts
AutoX

Originally Posted by Clubber
It's the same lip, just painted matt black.
I was hoping to get one on my 991.1 pretty much like the one on my 991.2.

That one is made of same material as the side skirts and is solid black (chips and scratches don’t show up as it’s not painted).

This is the two cars where you can see the difference.

Maybe the 991.2 style lip is not available for the 991.1?

I can’t buy a .2 lip for the.1 as they are a different shape.

Perhaps there is an aftermarket lip that I haven’t seen yet? Bit frustrating as the .1 lip keeps getting minor damage that shows, whilst the .2 gets the same damage and you can’t see until you get really close up.

thanks 🙏

Last edited by Virgil Hilts; 03-04-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:41 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

This is your spoiler. It comes in primer.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991REPSPO.html

This is the aerokit spoiler, also in primer. Said to also fit your car.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991cupspo.html

I too own a white ‘15 GTS and would have loved for the front spoiler to be unpainted black like the side skirts, but it was not offered that way from Porsche. FWIW, I did see a photo online of a white GTS with a black standard front spoiler and from the side I did not like the way it looked…it went up to high vs. the side skirts…the lines didn’t flow right to my eye.
Old 03-05-2023, 10:40 AM
Virgil Hilts
AutoX

Originally Posted by BGLeduc
This is your spoiler. It comes in primer.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991REPSPO.html

This is the aerokit spoiler, also in primer. Said to also fit your car.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991cupspo.html

I too own a white ‘15 GTS and would have loved for the front spoiler to be unpainted black like the side skirts, but it was not offered that way from Porsche. FWIW, I did see a photo online of a white GTS with a black standard front spoiler and from the side I did not like the way it looked…it went up to high vs. the side skirts…the lines didn’t flow right to my eye.

Thanks for the links and the info

Yes I understand what you are saying about the black front lip being higher than the side skirts, its not ideal in terms of flow but I'd live with it for practicality.

I have been offered a new lip in primer from Porsche for £372.00 (I'm in UK obviously) but it would then have to be painted matt black.

However, that's not what I ideally want as it will still show any stone chips once the paint is damaged.

The side skirts, and the front lip on the 991.2 are made of a different material (I don't know what it's called) but it's a lot more durable and black all the way through. So any scratches just reveal more black underneath and hence any damage can't really be seen. The material is more like how black rubber is, manufactured in black, and all black outside, inside etc.

However, i have recently found this one which may be what I'm looking for, but I'll have to give them a call this week about the fitment and material. The description sounds odd (it spans 997.2 and 991.1 years) but the final photo of the 7 shows it on a 991.1. They actually say it comes black (unpainted) and made of "Fibreflex" which sounds promising at least.

https://www.design911shop.com/p/fron...RoCATEQAvD_BwE

I'll speak to Design911 and see if they can shed any light on their product linked above.

If it's not what I am looking for I'm probably trying to get something that doesn't exist. I want it for ease of maintenance more than anything else as the 991.2 lip can take a lot more punishment and still look fine. My painted one has been repaired and repainted a few times. In fact it's held together by glue and paint 😂

The red car on this thread has the look I want, but not sure if it is painted matt black, or made in the different solid black material.

See what Design911 say when I phone them I suppose. Fingers crossed that Fibreflex is the solution. 🤞

Cheers

Old 11-06-2023, 08:52 AM
ckelly011
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever get an answer on the front lip? I have a GTS as well and would like a sacrificial black lip as well.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:13 AM
cbredesen
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 153 Posts

The .2 black lip isn't even available anymore. The original part number now provides a primed version. We .2 owners are out of luck until someone makes an aftermarket.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:21 AM
ckelly011
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Virgil Hilts Did you ever get feedback from Design911 on the .1 GTS lip? Thanks
Old 03-08-2024, 11:28 PM
cmorales954
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I just ordered the Design 911 lip and will be installing it this weekend.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:52 AM
cbredesen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cmorales954
I just ordered the Design 911 lip and will be installing it this weekend.
This is very interesting - I didn't scroll back last time I saw this thread. Looks like you'll get something close to the 991.1 GT3 splitter. Please post pics and tell us how it went. Not sure yet if they have this for .2 cars but it might be great.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:03 AM
cmorales954
Rennlist Member

Got it on. Fit very easily / nicely. Had to drill 1 hole on each side, near the end, to align with existing OE hole for a plastic riv nut.

I sprayed it gold with a peelable paint to see how I like the contrast (I am having tires mounted today, hence it being on jack stands)

Old 03-09-2024, 11:09 AM
cbredesen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cmorales954
Got it on. Fit very easily / nicely. Had to drill 1 hole on each side, near the end, to align with existing OE hole for a plastic riv nut.

I sprayed it gold with a peelable paint to see how I like the contrast (I am having tires mounted today, hence it being on jack stands)
That ... is actually pretty awesome. Did it replace the factory lip piece or fit on over it? I wonder if it would fit a .2 car or if they have a similar one? I gotta think there's a little aero advantage here as well. No comment on the gold
Old 03-09-2024, 12:41 PM
cmorales954
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbredesen
That ... is actually pretty awesome. Did it replace the factory lip piece or fit on over it? I wonder if it would fit a .2 car or if they have a similar one? I gotta think there's a little aero advantage here as well. No comment on the gold
I removed the factory one (it was split in half from an unfortunate raccoon road kill incident). Fit very easily and smooth. Easy.

the gold is a peelable paint experiment. I plan to powder coat my wheels the same. My side and rear letters are also sprayed in that gold. If I don’t like the splitter I can always peel it off and paint it black. Took me an hour or so to paint.
The following users liked this post:
cbredesen (03-09-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 01:27 PM
zabuch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

very nice we did you purchase it from
Old 03-09-2024, 03:14 PM
cmorales954
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zabuch