Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A quick 3700 dollars

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023 | 04:16 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Originally Posted by HardRider
Again carfax uses public information for their data base. They pay nobody. 99% is Police Reports. If a shop were to report repairs to Carfax I would pursue diminished value from shop. Bingo, why would a shop want to risk any heartburn from a customer. The shop MAKES ZERO for reporting anything. Automatically report?????? Is that state or federal law??????
Thank you for the long phone call yesterday. That was great.

I've got another question about dealership services departments. Are the dealers the ones reporting the services completed or is Carfax obtaining those another way?
Old 01-03-2023 | 05:33 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
There is no requirement whatsoever for a shop to report to carfax. It’s his car, his choice.
Sorry for the OT post here..

​​​​@AdamSanta85 - I've been trying to reach you regarding the 9xxteile spoiler - I'd sent a couple of PMs.
Do let me know if you are interested in selling it.
Old 01-03-2023 | 06:20 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by asellus
Some people's kids.
It is unfortunate that anyone can breed. You end up with people that have no respect for others or themselves.
Old 01-03-2023 | 06:50 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

ouch
Old 01-03-2023 | 09:46 PM
HardRider
Racer

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Thank you for the long phone call yesterday. That was great.

I've got another question about dealership services departments. Are the dealers the ones reporting the services completed or is Carfax obtaining those another way?
If you have the vehicle vin number I believe anyone can update the cars maintenance records. I know I can update mine with details. I also know for a fact the records updated by dealerships or shops are rarely complete. I would not rely on the content on carfax but if there is a shops name you can contact where carfax indicates the car was serviced and asked for detail records. For example carfax indicated my pollen filter was changed and oil. When I contacted the dealer it was oil, oil filter, spark plugs, engine air filter, pollen filter.
Old 01-03-2023 | 09:48 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Since this thread has gone way off topic... I'll share something that went down today.

HardRider (THE MAN) lit a fire under my butt and gave me motivation when all hope was lost.

I have a bogus "accident" and "damage" report on my carfax when I was the one who was the victim of a hit and run where there was literally zero damage on both vehicles. After a year plus of trying to contact the police department and carfax to get it rectified and not getting anywhere I finally decided to go the main police station to have a 1v1 with a supervisor. Long story short, I had an insane back and forth debate with a Police supervisor. I relentlessly laid into him and the bogus police report. He relentlessly deflected. I politely old him that the officers involved and the department would be on the defendant list along side carfax if they don't audit the report. I killed him with kindness and he just deflected. He got very petty and I had enough, told him I'm done and that I tried being nice for the last time. I explained how nice guys finish last, and I've been the nice guy the entire time along with how the other driver got away scott-free with video evidence of him running. He was taken back when I called him petty, told me to give him a minute and he walked away. He calls the sergeant who signed off on the report and told me he would call me. I left.

About an hour later I get a phone call from the sergeant. He gets straight to the point and told me he reviewed the body cam footage and noticed that factually there was no damage to either vehicle and that he will write a letter of revision that I can give to carfax.. WOW! Great success. Nearly a year and a half later I finally got somewhere.. Now the ball is in Carfax's court to make the right move with my overwhelming evidence against them.

Light at the end of the tunnel it seems.
Old 01-04-2023 | 03:09 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Going in Saturday to get new one installed.

Quick Reply: A quick 3700 dollars