Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ah jeez, another "what's my 991 worth" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 02:50 PM
AKKutz
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Came from the C7 M7 Z51 2LT which I built up to a 3LT in seat trim and interior pieces (suede). Sold for the 991.1 GTS I currently have. Two very different cars to say the least. Let us know what Carmax had to say. Very disappointed with what a 2015 MT7 GTS didn't sell for on BAT the other day.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:17 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
GS 2LT. The 3LT dash delamination issues are concerning, and ultimately the 2LT bonded leather all over the dash and pillars is fine by me. Drove a 3LT and 2LZ and didn't really notice much of a difference. Went back and looked at pictures and.. had to have a friend help point out the differences. Of which there were few.

The widebody I could take/leave. Honestly the grandsport is mostly negatives for me, but the Z06 mag ride is phenominal so it's worth it for that. Not excited for 285+335 tires though.

For sure. When they aren't ridiculously priced I'd really consider a cayman gt4. On paper, at least, they look stellar. Just not $150k stellar.

As far as carmax's offer, I'm going to keep these cards close to my chest for the time being if that's okay.
Don't blame you. Like I said there are weirdos all over the internet, even here. They'll play detective and mess with you when it comes to selling your car, turn you into a liar/cheat or whatever.

Not sure if you've driven a cayman gt4 or even a boxster for that matter... But man oh man they're good. Dare I say better than the 911 in terms of handling and feel?

Good luck!
Old 10-01-2022, 08:00 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
They'll play detective and mess with you when it comes to selling your car, turn you into a liar/cheat or whatever.
At worst it will be annoying. It'll be interesting if someone tries to **** up my thread. Is it a conflict of interest to enforce rules in my own thread? I'll have to bother Robb or Tyson, I suppose.

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Dare I say better than the 911 in terms of handling and feel?
I've never even sat in one and I've been calling the 718/cayman a superior platform for years. I wholly believe it. I would absolutely love to get behind the wheel of a GT4.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:50 PM
Druid1
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Try Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com) also. They have an Instant Cash Offer setup with local dealers. I'm considering replacing my 991.1 and the kbb offers were better than the offer from my local Porsche dealer.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:02 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Druid1
Try Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com) also. They have an Instant Cash Offer setup with local dealers. I'm considering replacing my 991.1 and the kbb offers were better than the offer from my local Porsche dealer.
Ah right, forgot to do this one too. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 10-01-2022, 10:45 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Up in the marketplace. Thanks again folks!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1319772
Old 10-01-2022, 10:55 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
At worst it will be annoying. It'll be interesting if someone tries to **** up my thread. Is it a conflict of interest to enforce rules in my own thread? I'll have to bother Robb or Tyson, I suppose.

I've never even sat in one and I've been calling the 718/cayman a superior platform for years. I wholly believe it. I would absolutely love to get behind the wheel of a GT4.
I used to scoff at them, then I rented a 981 Boxster S on turo. That thing with 315 HP pulls and has handling/steering to die for. Porsche far and away limits these cars to not exceed the 911, and I agree with that because Porsche 911 is Porsche 911. It will always be "better' just because it's a 911.

With that said, for the right price I'd rock a 981 Boxster GTS.

I test drove a 981 Boxster Spyder at Carmax. Even the sales guy was blown away by the car and said he totally wasn't expecting the car to be that good. He was a WRX STI guy and encouraged the spirited test drive.

Originally Posted by Druid1
Dealers HATE this because it's good for the customer. I have a friend that works at a BMW dealership who says everyone hates the instant cash offers because they help out the customer too much.

If you go with KBB instant offer, the dealerships mission is to devalue things off your car so they can offer you less.. How to defeat that? Give them as little as possible to devalue. Present it to be as clean as possible, and yes the brakes/maintenance were just done.

My friend told me that lots of people have gotten away with highway robbery using KBB instant cash offer.

Last edited by 911dude41; 10-01-2022 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Ah jeez, another "what's my 991 worth" thread...