Keebins Agate build

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 01:28 PM
porsche_ag12
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by keebin
i wish i could see one in person! They looks so cool in pictures
Any major ground clearance difference between the sport spoiler and the new bumper? Also, mind sharing your wheel setup details? Looking for those rims as well!
Old 01-24-2023, 08:26 PM
keebin
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche_ag12
Any major ground clearance difference between the sport spoiler and the new bumper? Also, mind sharing your wheel setup details? Looking for those rims as well!
im running apex wheel sizing for narrow body 991.2 along with 265/35 19’s and 315/30/19 rears. I’m looking to sell these as i want to get some e88’s.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:46 PM
Ark20
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

I added a GTS/sport design front bumper and magnetic stone guards. I really want a set of e88’s but the wait is extremely long i just don’t see any other wheels I’d like to use. I’ve been also torn between a Techart rear wing or the sport design rear wing.
Really like your setup. Do you mind sharing how low your car is? Distance from ground to fender when measuring from middle of wheel? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2023, 12:01 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

I added a GTS/sport design front bumper and magnetic stone guards. I really want a set of e88’s but the wait is extremely long i just don’t see any other wheels I’d like to use. I’ve been also torn between a Techart rear wing or the sport design rear wing.
The sports design rear spoiler gets my vote, subtle form and function and a quick install, easy to go big later. The Tech-art wing is a huge job in comparison with no documented proof of improved aero or cooling. I wish I had measured air flow and temps on mine before removing. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s has improved cooling but that’s just anecdotal without the data. The kit doesn’t fit out of the box and although it is pretty good quality it’s not OEM. The spoiler over ride box under the seat is a PITA and mine failed twice.

If I were to do it again I would try and make a GT2 RS setup work. I know someone did go that route but I can’t remember who or the final outcome.

Your cars looking good and can’t wait to get on track this year.
The following users liked this post:
keebin (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 01:00 AM
keebin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
The sports design rear spoiler gets my vote, subtle form and function and a quick install, easy to go big later. The Tech-art wing is a huge job in comparison with no documented proof of improved aero or cooling. I wish I had measured air flow and temps on mine before removing. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s has improved cooling but that’s just anecdotal without the data. The kit doesn’t fit out of the box and although it is pretty good quality it’s not OEM. The spoiler over ride box under the seat is a PITA and mine failed twice.

If I were to do it again I would try and make a GT2 RS setup work. I know someone did go that route but I can’t remember who or the final outcome.

Your cars looking good and can’t wait to get on track this year.
think I’m going to listen to you and just go an order the sport design wing lmao. I wish i could have seen your wing in person before you sold it!
Old 01-25-2023, 01:08 AM
keebin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ark20
Really like your setup. Do you mind sharing how low your car is? Distance from ground to fender when measuring from middle of wheel? Thanks in advance.
i have zero wanting to measure this thing lmao it’s low with out rubbing and i track it at this height. But you’ll want some decent coil overs and some arms to get to get the results. I’m running about 3.3 degrees up front of camber and 2.5 out back and if you look at my cars side profile you get an idea of where you would want you’d the ride height.
Old 01-25-2023, 03:32 AM
Dark_horse
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Very nice setup and the car looks amazing. Similar in stance to mine. I do however rub on driveways and on the back roads occasionally when I’m making a hard turn. I’m gonna raise it a few cm. Also looking into control arms to get more camber.

It would be really nice to see your car in person and the setup. I would like to go to 19s but the 20s just look so good and going lower might rub more.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:30 PM
Ark20
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

i have zero wanting to measure this thing lmao it’s low with out rubbing and i track it at this height. But you’ll want some decent coil overs and some arms to get to get the results. I’m running about 3.3 degrees up front of camber and 2.5 out back and if you look at my cars side profile you get an idea of where you would want you’d the ride height.
Totally get it. I recently installed ohlins R&T and now am figuring out how low I want the car to sit. With their specifications the car sits higher than when it had H&R springs on.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:42 PM
keebin
Rennlist Member

Finally found a set of 19 inch e88’s couple weeks ago. I added some Essex’s racing two pieces rotors as well along with a factory aero wing and front bumper. I’m debating if i should ditch my 18 way seats for buckets. This has been a fun little build i love this car.

Last edited by keebin; 07-17-2023 at 07:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by keebin:
F355bob (07-18-2023), IRunalot (07-17-2023), Pakman996-991.2 (07-18-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 06:48 PM
shehatezme
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Is your car a PDK? It looks great!
Old 09-16-2023, 01:55 AM
keebin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shehatezme
Is your car a PDK? It looks great!
yeah it is! I love pdk.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:56 AM
keebin
Rennlist Member

Figure i would update my thread since it’s been a while and I’ve done more with the car. I decided i was bored of the OEM aero kit wing and wanted a tech art wing. This wasn’t a fun install, poor instructions. But my friends came by and helped me install it.

I found a deal on a GT3 seat delete. I also pulled out more sound insulation as well. Doing the mod you get a lot of sound back. Also i can still put my baby seat in the back!

I moved on to adding more power. I really liked all the Tial stuff. I added a BMC filter, Tial inlets and Mimo/Tial 3d printed turbo elbows. These are relatively easy to install especially if you have quick jacks at home. I’m mentally preparing to just swap the turbos to m660’s lol.

I added Titanium exhaust tips to replace my oem black sport exhaust tips.

i added a few more things but I’ll update at a later point. I also added a Sharkwerks exhaust with Soul hi flows.
The following 2 users liked this post by keebin:
Speed2k (02-18-2024), thesaintusa (03-09-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 02:18 AM
Dark_horse
Rennlist Member

Figure i would update my thread since it’s been a while and I’ve done more with the car. I decided i was bored of the OEM aero kit wing and wanted a tech art wing. This wasn’t a fun install, poor instructions. But my friends came by and helped me install it.

I found a deal on a GT3 seat delete. I also pulled out more sound insulation as well. Doing the mod you get a lot of sound back. Also i can still put my baby seat in the back!

I moved on to adding more power. I really liked all the Tial stuff. I added a BMC filter, Tial inlets and Mimo/Tial 3d printed turbo elbows. These are relatively easy to install especially if you have quick jacks at home. I’m mentally preparing to just swap the turbos to m660’s lol.

I added Titanium exhaust tips to replace my oem black sport exhaust tips.

i added a few more things but I’ll update at a later point. I also added a Sharkwerks exhaust with Soul hi flows.
Love the look with the tech art spoiler. You’ve got all the supporting mods for m660s now and the M660s are very fun! Feels like unlimited power.
keebin (02-21-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 04:39 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,238 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by MingusDew
How many miles on the elephant racing stuff? How’s it holding up? Please update in the future once you’ve had it more long term; I’m curious about the long term durability for a street car that sees potholes/etc..
I’m sorry but they are pure ****. Every single piece failed and rattled and drive me nuts.

They replaced so many bits that they got sick of it and said it was the gift that kept on giving. It was the crap that kept on rattling. I took it all off, and replaced with E-Motion. Not a single noise ever. Bot even after almost 3 years tracking and dailying the E-Motion. Elephant Ratyling bars are junk. It was a complete waste of money. And for anyone that wants to say different I have video showing the slop and rattle. I still have all of them, but they should go in the garbage can.
F355bob (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 04:52 AM
Dark_horse
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
I’m sorry but they are pure ****. Every single piece failed and rattled and drive me nuts.

They replaced so many bits that they got sick of it and said it was the gift that kept on giving. It was the crap that kept on rattling. I took it all off, and replaced with E-Motion. Not a single noise ever. Bot even after almost 3 years tracking and dailying the E-Motion. Elephant Ratyling bars are junk. It was a complete waste of money. And for anyone that wants to say different I have video showing the slop and rattle. I still have all of them, but they should go in the garbage can.
E-motion is top tier stuff but pricy! I wouldn’t go any other way.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dark_horse:
4 Point 0 (02-18-2024), F355bob (02-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Keebins Agate build