2013 991 2S CAB

$ 1,224 yr
$ 0 deductible
$ 60k agreed value
Old 05-03-2022, 11:33 PM
Otakugamer
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I have my Macan insured through PAI since 2019 and added my 991 last year. Their rates are unbeatable and for someone who hardly has made an auto insurance claim in my life, it works for me.

Because it is pay by the mile, if you drive it a lot PAI may not be worth it. But if like me, you drive about 3,000 miles a year or less it is very inexpensive.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:49 PM
trevorlj
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Holger B
PAI/Mile Auto offered me a much better rate with agreed value, repairs in Porsche approved facilities with Porsche parts, etc., so I signed up with them. They charge by the mile and you have to send them odometer pics occasionally, which I'm ok with. Here's the problem I ran across that makes me a little nervous...

I was reviewing all the documents they emailed me. It was all very boilerplate and I'm no insurance expert. One of the docs said that for it to be Agreed Value (which it's supposed to be), it must be stated as such on the Declarations Page. I didn't see it there, so I emailed them about it. This is the reply I got: "I apologize, I will have the document updated and send you a revised declaration shortly." Huh? How did they screw that up? How much due diligence did Porsche do on this company? I'm getting the feeling that if it sounds too good to be true... Bottom line, check your policy closely to be sure that you're getting what you pay for.
Good lookin' out. I had the same deal here after looking at my PAI/Mile declarations page. Fortunately, I also had the same (good) experience getting it corrected.

For my 2017 Turbo S, 4k miles a year, and the additional coverages/protection I wanted PAI/Mile was <1/2 the price of the mainstream companies (and I pretty much checked 'em all). Huge savings! Shoot...I could drive 17k miles a year and it would still be cheaper.

Last edited by trevorlj; 05-04-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche Car Insurance vs Hagertys