Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 991 owners tempted to upgrade to the new Sport Classic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Furrry
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes I’ve followed your mods love your build and you’ve done an awesome job transforming the car

I started down the path with soul race headers and a Cobb but then the new software restrictions came out and threw me for a loop so those never got installed and now I’m debating my options because that was an integral part of my mod plan

Originally Posted by Joec500
I did all of this to my car minus the Fuchs style wheels (Interior houndstooth, wooden Carrera GT style shift ****, headers, exhaust, GTS front bumper Sport Design Mirrors, 50th Anniversary Engine Lid and Duck)

Old 05-04-2022, 12:17 PM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by barncobob
there in Latvia, can U imagine shipping
Oh Latvia. Thats the most legit source country for Porsche parts.
These parts are probably not from a previously stolen 991 which was taken apart and the parts are now not sold for maximum profit.
People how assume this behaviour are totally wrong.
Readers who find sarcasm in my post can keep it for free. enough said. sad.
These ebay offerings make me sick.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:46 PM
omegaSMP300
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

No. For the same reasons others have mentioned, the price for entry and the fact that it has a turbo engine. I have no interest in any of the new “turbo” variants and although I liked my 17 turbo s I will never go back to a turbo strictly due to the sound (though it was a highly capable machine). Running out of time for NA engines it seems so gt3 winged or touring is my future I hope. The sport classic is definitely a looker though and I hope to see one up close.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 607 Posts

there in Latvia, can U imagine shipping

You are correct, THEY'RE in Latvia, and no I have not imagined the shipping. As for me it clearly states that it's $460 flat rate freight shipping.

I have ordered parts from this seller, they are legit.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:15 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Schorsch
Oh Latvia. Thats the most legit source country for Porsche parts.
These parts are probably not from a previously stolen 991 which was taken apart and the parts are now not sold for maximum profit.
People how assume this behaviour are totally wrong.
Readers who find sarcasm in my post can keep it for free. enough said. sad.
These ebay offerings make me sick.
Are your accusation based on facts or assumptions? If this is based on facts, please share what you know.

I have interacted with this seller and bought a couple of items and received them quickly and as described.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:51 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 539 Likes on 315 Posts

The Latvian source is legit. They're super cheap for virtually anything VWAG
Old 05-04-2022, 06:00 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by koala
The Latvian source is legit. They're super cheap for virtually anything VWAG
My guess is they have some relationship with local dismantlers or local parts surplus shops since a fair amount of VAG suppliers and race car builders are out in that neck of the woods.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:02 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by omegaSMP300
No. For the same reasons others have mentioned, the price for entry and the fact that it has a turbo engine. I have no interest in any of the new “turbo” variants and although I liked my 17 turbo s I will never go back to a turbo strictly due to the sound (though it was a highly capable machine). Running out of time for NA engines it seems so gt3 winged or touring is my future I hope. The sport classic is definitely a looker though and I hope to see one up close.
I feel like this is one of those cars where, you have to see and experience it in the flesh to fully appreciate. I am going to reserve my judgement until I see one. But a 3.8 Turbo motor in RWD with the turbo fenders and details like the hood and the roof to the ducktail. TO ME this is the ultimate expression of classic and modern in the 992 form, but we'll see.
Old 05-04-2022, 09:25 PM
yoda888
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I would if I could get allocation without the ridiculous ADM. I want one, I don't need one!

I'm a sucker for modern retro as evidenced by my 50th AE currently. The pictures of the SC with that cognac interior and the ducktail has won me over. Yeah for that money you can get a GT3, but how often am I going to the track? Would be a great car to cruise around in and maintain it's value. It wouldn't be stored in a warehouse to collect dust. I'd drive it!

Anyone have any connections at Porsche to get me one at MSRP? I'll sign a document stating I won't flip the car and I'll put x-miles and own it for x-time before I can sell it. (unless porsche has the 60th AE and I want that -- not enough parking)
Old 05-04-2022, 10:12 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by yoda888
I would if I could get allocation without the ridiculous ADM. I want one, I don't need one!

I'm a sucker for modern retro as evidenced by my 50th AE currently. The pictures of the SC with that cognac interior and the ducktail has won me over. Yeah for that money you can get a GT3, but how often am I going to the track? Would be a great car to cruise around in and maintain it's value. It wouldn't be stored in a warehouse to collect dust. I'd drive it!

Anyone have any connections at Porsche to get me one at MSRP? I'll sign a document stating I won't flip the car and I'll put x-miles and own it for x-time before I can sell it. (unless porsche has the 60th AE and I want that -- not enough parking)
MSRP,,U R delusional my friend..U dont understand how the "game" is played..
Old 05-04-2022, 10:33 PM
LesPaul
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Half a mil and you can own one!!
Old 05-05-2022, 12:20 PM
yoda888
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hence I said mentioned not paying the ADM. Again, I want one, I don't need one. And I fully understand how the "game" is played. I refuse to play. Of course there are those with deep pockets or lust that $$ doesn't matter to them. At $250k I'm willing to drive it around. At $500k+, it sits in the garage to be looked at. Not as much joy there, so why bother? Maybe if I had a home where I could park the car inside like a piece of art.

The following users liked this post:
sacguy71 (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 12:29 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 539 Likes on 315 Posts

I'd hazard a guess that most of us here refuse to play that game.

Unfortunately, there are enough dumb dumbs with money out there that this cycle will continue for a long time to come.
The following users liked this post:
sacguy71 (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 12:30 PM
sacguy71
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yoda888
Hence I said mentioned not paying the ADM. Again, I want one, I don't need one. And I fully understand how the "game" is played. I refuse to play. Of course there are those with deep pockets or lust that $$ doesn't matter to them. At $250k I'm willing to drive it around. At $500k+, it sits in the garage to be looked at. Not as much joy there, so why bother? Maybe if I had a home where I could park the car inside like a piece of art.
Same here I wait on sidelines a few years when supply issues are resolved and a basic 911 is not 200k.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:19 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by koala
I'd hazard a guess that most of us here refuse to play that game.

Unfortunately, there are enough dumb dumbs with money out there that this cycle will continue for a long time to come.
Dumb ones or people just leveraging their cash to make more cash?

People are just using high end cars as another means of making themselves more money.

I don't like it as it inflates the values of the cars pushing them out of an 'acceptable value' that I can wrap my mind around.

Quick Reply: Any 991 owners tempted to upgrade to the new Sport Classic?