Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Carvana

Has anyone bought a car on carvana? What was your experience
Old 04-28-2022, 11:53 AM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 235 Likes on 134 Posts

You might want to read these 4 stories from our local news.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/search?q=carvana

Old 04-28-2022, 12:19 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Not bought, but sold to them and never had a more easy/pleasant experience. It was all done on-line, they showed up with a truck, gave me a check, and drove the car off... I have found them better than CarMax to deal with as well and I had a great experience buying a Cayman from CarMax several years ago. Good luck!

SS
Old 04-28-2022, 12:52 PM
Surlygerman
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Sold to them twice. Easy process. A few neighbors have purchased from them. Two ended up returning cars for silly reasons and had no issues. That being said, the bank I work with will not lend on Carvana cars due to having consistent issues with them on titles and registrations.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:33 PM
JimEb
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Hate to say it but with Carvana’s mediocre inspections it’s become a great resource to dump a lemon.
The following users liked this post:
desmotesta (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 03:08 PM
d--
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JimEb
Hate to say it but with Carvana’s mediocre inspections it’s become a great resource to dump a lemon.
I think the same is true of CarMax, though if you get their warranty you benefit from Fidelity's coverage so it's a ton of protection for a little $$$. I did it and am happy with my results.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:21 PM
z168
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

they do have a 7-day return if you end up not liking the car. I plan to buy a Fiat from them as a spare car for guests/visitors so I am not really picky on condition as long as it runs.

Anyone here actually bought a pcar off them?
Old 04-28-2022, 07:18 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Just for ****s and grins, I contacted carvana to c what they’d give me for my car. $15K less than then my dealer. It’s NO deal!
Old 04-28-2022, 11:16 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

One of my employees bought a car from them. It was “serviced” and supposedly had been fully inspected.

The brakes ended up being due for replacement, air filter was clogged, oil filter was clearly quite old, oil was black, etc.

These are all used cars. Buyer beware.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:11 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Friend of mine bought a fairly recent year Boxster and was very happy with the whole experience.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:11 AM
neptune36
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts
Default All good with Carvana but car not so (long answer)

Originally Posted by Maskman
Has anyone bought a car on carvana? What was your experience
Last week I ordered a 2011 MB E550 ragtop, paying cash. I gave wire access to an account. There was always a Carvana person to receive my calls to give updates, friendly, always knew the answers, I received a text, the car is on the way to my house. Off the truck everything looked good. I had 60 min to inspect, drive it and say yes or no. If yes they draw funds and I have another 7 days to have it inspected which is what I did. They hold off on registering it till after the 7 days. Then after 7 days if you keep it you enter into a 100 day 4900 mile 100 % warranty period. Now the issues: First the AC did not work off the truck, vehicle condition was reasonably close to what they advertised, however I noted cheap Chinese tires on the front installed by last owner, and the black paint needed polishing maybe a correction, front lower facia was repainted. Started the car again and the AC worked. So I accepted it. Drove for two days all worked fine other interior things like laminated wood trim cracked or loose, car could have been better detailed, but still for the price and being a 2011 convertible I gave it some leeway. I took it to a local Euro shop and again the AC not working. Blows air but no compressor. Inspection scan showed low voltage faults on all the modules which indicated maybe bad battery and perhaps the AC module needed to be reset but not definitive., By now I said too many issues to deal with so called Carvana up to return. They cheerfully agreed, scheduled a pickup at my home the next day and off it went. three days later I had all funds back in the account. Except for the car having more issues than what I wanted to take on, I would give Cavana 5 stars and would deal with them again if they had the right specs for a car. The shop I took the car to said Carvana 100 day 4900 mile warranty is excellent. They called in a need for a $2000 repair to the Carvana warranty company and got the authorization and funds no question asked. So no flags on the warranty part. The shop owner said people have Carvana drop off the cars at his shop, and some are accepted and others are not. He had one customer return 3 cars after inspections. Once you accept for the 7 day period, I read in the small print that you are flagged after 2 returns, so make sure you like it enough before accepting for the 7 day trial. All in all would I deal with them again? IN my one experience, absolutely ( have no connection with them whatsoever) Hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
991_T (04-30-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 09:35 AM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 47 Posts

thank you all for your help!

Quick Reply: Carvana