Sponsored by:

DEMON Targa4 GTS new to me plus mod log

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 11:17 AM
BMWDEMON
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default DEMON Targa4 GTS new to me plus mod log

I have been here on and off for a long time but back in the forums reading up on mods, current items, and just checking things out. four point 0 mod log and adventures spurred me to post.

May I introduce my 2018 Targa 4 GTS in GT Silver on Charcoal Blue!

She has deviated red stitching and belts. White faces, painted bits and to me beautifully done. The interior is what got me plus I was definately looking for a GTS. I went with the Targa because of its throw back to the original, it's exclusivbity, and with the top down gave me the car to air experience I was looking for that wasn't as turbulent as the vert. I am in LOVE with this car!

I vowed to stay with very minimal mods but as time goes a long I think this will change. So far the mods I have done I think are great and really turned the car into a full blown wolf!

current MODS:

APR tune - WOW car is fast!!!
SOUL HFC's - You want to gain back that sound? Get these! It really made the car wake up more and sound the part
Rennline screens - I installed these because I couldn't understand why they were left wide open. I also think it gives the car a little more aggressive appearance
Center 3rd radiator inlet/camera sensor with Rennline screen
Clear side markers - what a difference this little mod made!
Porsche air caps - LMAO...yes I included this as a mod...just a little touch

MODS on the way:

I have the old "blocked" center panel. I intend during the winter to trim the block out and install another Rennline screen and install the rear panel to keep it clean. Give it the GT3 "look" and continuity of the screens across the front of the car
DBCarbon matte CF front lip, side skirts, lower rear bumper and exhaust surround - looking forward to this subtle yet exquisite modification. I think it will give the car a little more "tuxedo" than keeping it black plastic.

Garage is also in make over mode and is nearly complete! I had to make a good studio garage for the car!

I may do the plenum, TiAl air components, etc but keeping an eye on four point 0's progress. I am sure you all know him very well!

Pictures are from several points in time and will post better pics and as progress continues! Thanks for looking.

Last edited by BMWDEMON; 11-17-2021 at 11:20 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by BMWDEMON:
4 Point 0 (11-17-2021), desmotesta (11-17-2021), jesm (11-18-2021), JuanK20 (11-17-2021), Soul Performance (11-17-2021), Speed2k (11-17-2021), T3X4S (11-17-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-17-2021, 04:01 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 669 Posts

Congrats. Welcome to the club.

Some things you may want to check out. Vektor headers add a great tone and nice gains.

Tyres are over looked. The Pzero really are rubbish. Even if you don't track, Cup2 are a great street tyre. If you want more than that, TrofeoR and if you want it all, than Cup2-R a awesome Track tyre. (But I run them street as well).
Don't skimp on your tyres. They are more important that you think.

DSC controller is a no brainer. Plug and play and really makes the car more enjoyable.

Keep watching, It's not done until the fat lady sings, and she isn't even in the building yet.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 11-17-2021 at 04:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
9ONCE (11-18-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 04:16 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 171 Posts

Great looking car. Congrats!

Can you share some additional photos of the interior?
Old 11-17-2021, 05:35 PM
BMWDEMON
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Congrats. Welcome to the club.

Some things you may want to check out. Vektor headers add a great tone and nice gains.

Tyres are over looked. The Pzero really are rubbish. Even if you don't track, Cup2 are a great street tyre. If you want more than that, TrofeoR and if you want it all, than Cup2-R a awesome Track tyre. (But I run them street as well).
Don't skimp on your tyres. They are more important that you think.

DSC controller is a no brainer. Plug and play and really makes the car more enjoyable.

Keep watching, It's not done until the fat lady sings, and she isn't even in the building yet.
Don't I know it from your post! I think you will have a few fat ladies singing!

I need to look into the DSC controller...not aware of that item. As far as headers been speaking to the Soul guys but will check out Vektor. I really like my Soul HFCs. As far as tires go totally agree with you but will burn these out and then get into the others.

Originally Posted by G.I.G.
Great looking car. Congrats!

Can you share some additional photos of the interior?
Will do soon! I need to take the car out and take some pictures and will do the interior when I do.

Thanks for looking!
Soul Performance (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 05:42 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 540 Posts

Great car. GTS is so much fun. Many see is the sweet spot in the 911 line up. I think so. Enjoy!
Old 11-18-2021, 08:23 AM
TRM
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats, she looks nice. Funny to me when I see folks mention how fast a GTS is with a tune. C&D tested the 991.2 GTS in stock form and got 2.9 sec to 60mph...there's scant other cars on the road today in this price range with this performance and reliability. To me, even without launch control, the GTS is faster than I feel I can handle.

Safe travels.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:40 PM
BMWDEMON
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jack F
Great car. GTS is so much fun. Many see is the sweet spot in the 911 line up. I think so. Enjoy!
I keep getting in this car over and over again and loving it more! The GTS is wicked!

Originally Posted by TRM
Congrats, she looks nice. Funny to me when I see folks mention how fast a GTS is with a tune. C&D tested the 991.2 GTS in stock form and got 2.9 sec to 60mph...there's scant other cars on the road today in this price range with this performance and reliability. To me, even without launch control, the GTS is faster than I feel I can handle.

Safe travels.
Thank you! It is definitely faster but yes it is all relative.

Old 11-18-2021, 03:44 PM
BMWDEMON
Intermediate

Default Exterior/Interior shots of the GTS in the updated "studio" garage!

Here are some shots of the car as requested! Enjoy.

Full angle shot of the car. Rennline screens are pretty well identified.

Sleek door shot of the color, deviated stitching and trim

Interior shot. Nice option with the center console

White dials and steering wheel

Nice option with the seats and red belts in the background

Full shot of the screens and photo backdrop of the garage

Love these wheels! Wonder what to put on if I ever upgrade and what color...

This says it all!

Freeze frame! Targa top in mid motion.

Same shot but higher. Mid motion stop frame.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:10 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Congratulations & welcome to the Targa family! Drive yours in the very best of health!
Old 11-18-2021, 09:59 PM
sixpins
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful machine!
I'm a new 991.2 Targa owner as well, although I wasn't lucky enough to source a GTS. Mine's 'just' a base Targa 4 although it has a Stage 2 Cobb tune with Soul cat bypass and BMC filter which definitely adds a little pep to its step lol

Anyway wanted to share this mod which I recently did and it's one of my faves, highly recommend!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1106...installed.html

Cheers!
Soul Performance (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 09:46 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Congratulations! Love the GTS/Targa combo, and you have some good options there as well!

Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
As far as headers been speaking to the Soul guys but will check out Vektor.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding our headers. We do things a little different than the others

Quick Reply: DEMON Targa4 GTS new to me plus mod log