Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed 991.1 CS2 - Insurance repair?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 11:49 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,127 Likes on 670 Posts

You should have the option to bring it to whatever repair shop you choose. Ask the dealer for an authorized shop.

If the car is a write off and you have the means, ask for a price to purchase the wreck. Typically the wreck is around 10-15% of the claim. With high end cars, you can part them out and make tens of thousands.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:35 AM
Oskar_kl
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick update, the first repair company estimated the repair at 40K USD, the Porsche certified stopped counting at 90K USD. So the car is getting totaled unfurtantly thats one to the grave.
Currently discussing the market value and searching for cars, there is almost none for sale so might take some time.. and I have asked to by the wreck.

Thanks for some tips, moving the car to a certified dealer turned out to be a necessary thing, given that they base the repair cost on the work orders rather than old fashion car repairs.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Oskar_kl
5th Gear

The car is totaled and going to be scraped. the frame has been damaged due to the impact on the front tire.

Thanks, for the help, actually helped out a lot in discussions and decisions that have been made throughout the aftermath of the accident.

Quick update, the first repair shop said repairs would be around 40.000 USD, the Porsche center stopped calculating at 90.000 USD, claiming the work orders for repairs required more repairs than was visible and that only visible if you have access to the repair work orders.
Super happy I actually moved the car, but really said it's wrecked and I need to find a new car. So far the insurance company is actually keeping their word on the 125% of market value, the only trouble now is to find a car, which seems impossible at the moment here. No perfect one is available and the handful that is are poorly equipped or the wrong color.

I have asked about purchasing the wreck given the car had low milage and was in perfect condition. And we are still negotiating the market value, they have had a fair estimate but given the market now they are a bit off.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:04 AM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Oskar_kl
The car is totaled and going to be scraped. the frame has been damaged due to the impact on the front tire.

Thanks, for the help, actually helped out a lot in discussions and decisions that have been made throughout the aftermath of the accident.

Quick update, the first repair shop said repairs would be around 40.000 USD, the Porsche center stopped calculating at 90.000 USD, claiming the work orders for repairs required more repairs than was visible and that only visible if you have access to the repair work orders.
Super happy I actually moved the car, but really said it's wrecked and I need to find a new car. So far the insurance company is actually keeping their word on the 125% of market value, the only trouble now is to find a car, which seems impossible at the moment here. No perfect one is available and the handful that is are poorly equipped or the wrong color.

I have asked about purchasing the wreck given the car had low milage and was in perfect condition. And we are still negotiating the market value, they have had a fair estimate but given the market now they are a bit off.
What would you do with the wrecked car? Unless you plan on fixing it and selling or parting out I don't think the hassle is worth it. Now if yo were in the repair business that may be worth it. Anyway Im glad yo are Ok.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:23 AM
Sweposth
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, there are cars for sale, but they are not cheap.
But since you get more than actual marketvalue you could move up to a gts or a 991.2 .

A GTS in ops value range

Old 11-18-2021, 09:26 AM
Carrera991
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

How much are they asking for it. For me this would be a no-brainer. If you can get it fixed or part it out either way you're gonna come out of this ahead.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:58 AM
Oskar_kl
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Sweposth
Well, there are cars for sale, but they are not cheap.
But since you get more than actual marketvalue you could move up to a gts or a 991.2 .

A GTS in ops value range
Yes indeed, but a black car with good options on it is impossible to find. There is one, lucky me I only need one.
The following users liked this post:
Sweposth (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 10:05 AM
ktnielsen
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

It’s good to hear your insurance company is doing the right thing!
Old 11-18-2021, 10:21 AM
d--
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Come on guys. We are all friends here. We can disagree in an agreeable manner. I see nothing snarky in Lexvan’s comments, and he is entitled to his opinion just like you are entitled to yours. No reason to make personal.
Maybe I'll get a 'Wag More, Bark Less' sticker for my c2s.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No way to tell if it's totaled or not just from the pics, but for future reference, if you run your Porsche off the road into something solid by your own doing and cause major damage, my suggestion is to keep your foot on the accelerator and run it into the nearest tree or barrier or wall to make sure it's good and totaled. There's just no upside to owning a Porsche that's seen major repairs IMO. If I'm in for a dime, I'm in for a dollar, and that car's gonna be toast by the time I take my foot off the gas pedal and shut the engine off.
Friend of mine slide his Shelby into the wall at about 90. One whole side was scratched up in ways that would make a grown man cry. He had it towed to his brother's shop and they did an epic redline burnout for a couple of minutes until all the magic smoke came out of the engine. He said something about getting all the good out since it was totaled anyway. It's not my style, but your comment gave me a flashback. Good times.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:18 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

What insurance company do you have? I assume you have a clause that they will pay 125% of market value on a totaled vehicle?
Thanks.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:41 AM
NI3
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by WP0
What insurance company do you have? I assume you have a clause that they will pay 125% of market value on a totaled vehicle?
Thanks.
OP and car are in Sweden.

Quick Reply: Crashed 991.1 CS2 - Insurance repair?