Sponsored by:

Oak Green Beauty

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 08:36 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Oak Green Beauty

I love random chance. Up in the Bay Area for a boy’s weekend camping near Ft Bragg. As I make my way through the city to drop off the bike I rented, my GPS is telling me to go up Gough. For those not in the know it can get very steep and it was crowded. Not a place I wanted to get stuck on with a heavy adventure bike loaded down. Take a few easier detours and end up merging in 101 south. Along comes the most beautiful Oak Green 911 with PCCBs. I have to say that Stout’s car is just stunning. @stout , I am not sure if you noticed a BMW motorcycle revving at you-it is not loud and you appeared to be engrossed in conversation.

Just dropping a note to thank you for having one of the most unique 991.2’s out there. Pictures do not do it justice.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wujohn:
koala (09-20-2021), stout (09-20-2021), XLR82XS (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 02:20 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 315 Posts

If I ever had the chance to order a PTS 911, oak green for sure. What a great colour!

I ordered my new BMW M440i Gran Coupe in their Sanremo Green Metallic as it's the closest I'll ever get to having such a colour, lol.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:04 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 71 Posts

I think Oak Green Metallic would be my first choice, but I hear Brewster Green as a non-metallic alternative is also sublime--but I've never seen it in the flesh. Who has seen the two side by side? It's always intrigued me that Brewster Green has been a Porsche family favorite color when obviously they can choose from anything they want.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:19 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Wujohn
I love random chance. Up in the Bay Area for a boy’s weekend camping near Ft Bragg. As I make my way through the city to drop off the bike I rented, my GPS is telling me to go up Gough. For those not in the know it can get very steep and it was crowded. Not a place I wanted to get stuck on with a heavy adventure bike loaded down. Take a few easier detours and end up merging in 101 south. Along comes the most beautiful Oak Green 911 with PCCBs. I have to say that Stout’s car is just stunning. @stout , I am not sure if you noticed a BMW motorcycle revving at you-it is not loud and you appeared to be engrossed in conversation.

Just dropping a note to thank you for having one of the most unique 991.2’s out there. Pictures do not do it justice.
Hey, thank you very much. And too funny on the timing—I was passing through the city en route to SFO, and will admit I was engrossed in a conversation about how pointless and unattractive modern exotics are until we were distracted by a mint 996 C2 Cabriolet near the bottom of Gough. Dark blue, hardtop, 18s, and lowered just right. Someone with great taste, and a lot of fun for not much money.

You've got a good eye, as my current Carrera, which is actually Brewster Green, seems to blend into the woodwork. The one before it was Oak, and I was surprised by the number of comments/conversations/Lexus drivers chasing me down to ask what color/etc. Brewster goes nearly unnoticed by comparison, which I really like.

I'm trying to think of where we were on 101S together—I exchanged a smile and a nod with a motorcycle at an intersection not long after I came off the Golden Gate Bridge, but not sure I heard a BMW revving at me. Those 305s offer a "bit" of background noise, and it was a fun conversation with a fellow car nut. Nice to be reminded that there's a small world of us out there!
Old 09-21-2021, 01:33 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tangerine
I think Oak Green Metallic would be my first choice, but I hear Brewster Green as a non-metallic alternative is also sublime--but I've never seen it in the flesh. Who has seen the two side by side? It's always intrigued me that Brewster Green has been a Porsche family favorite color when obviously they can choose from anything they want.
I'll have to do some looking, but I think I have photos of the two side by side from when I dropped off an Oak Green Metallic Carrera to pick up the Brewster Green Carrera. IIRC, they look more similar in those photos than they do while living with them. Oak is lighter and (a lot) easier to keep looking nice. It's also "sparklier," and reads green more of the time. Modern PTS Oak is not the same as the old Oak—the new one is less dead, and has a strong gold metallic undertone in hard sun, a bit like Peridot on a 987.2 Cayman R. Brewster often reads black, and needs bright sun to pop, but I like that about it. It's also about as hard as black to keep clean, but I've embraced the "lived in" look because my car is a daily. I've come to prefer the modern Oak on aggressive cars (GT3, GT2 RS, CTR3, etc) and Brewster on, well, just about everything. By a nose. I can't explain that, as is usually the case with personal preferences.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:06 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Thanks for the description--I know colors are getting harder and harder to accurately represent with all the magic processing that is done. My own phone refuses to accept that I have an orange car and not red.
You've got a good eye, as my current Carrera, which is actually Brewster Green, seems to blend into the woodwork.
Just so I'm not confused, did Wujohn see you in the Brewster car or the Oak Green Metallic car?
Old 09-21-2021, 02:59 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the description--I know colors are getting harder and harder to accurately represent with all the magic processing that is done. My own phone refuses to accept that I have an orange car and not red.

Just so I'm not confused, did Wujohn see you in the Brewster car or the Oak Green Metallic car?
I saw Brewster then - I thought he had the Oak Green but was mistaken. Either way it was stunning; literally like a different vehicle than mine, which is Rhodium Silver (and exactly the same model).
Old 09-21-2021, 06:01 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wujohn
I saw Brewster then - I thought he had the Oak Green but was mistaken. Either way it was stunning; literally like a different vehicle than mine, which is Rhodium Silver (and exactly the same model).
I did have an Oak Green 991.2 before the Brewster Green 991.2. Both were very similarly equipped, so they've been confused before.

In a quick search for pics of the Oak car, I ran across a couple of pics of it next to a Brewster Green GT4 @ Rare Shades 1 in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1069...is-august.html

(But to me it looks like filters have been applied to the pics.)

Last edited by stout; 09-22-2021 at 01:32 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by stout:
Jeahbladejeah (09-21-2021), Tangerine (09-21-2021), TXGerman (09-21-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 01:12 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Found the pics of the Oak and Brewster cars the only time they were together. No filter applied...

It's hard to capture Brewster accurately, as it's all over the map depending on the light. But this is fairly representative.

Where the Oak car remained at the stock ride height, the Brewster car did not.

Last edited by stout; 09-22-2021 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:42 AM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Pete - I know some of your creds already but to switch from one PTS 991.2 to another PTS 991.2, with basically the same specs (at least from the outside) and of a similar color...you are a true enthusiast of the car! Cheers to you!

I merged from 10th st and Bryant and you were already on the 80/101...clearly my BMW was not loud enough to grab attention. Probably should have used the horn.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:20 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,098 Likes on 657 Posts

Great pics. How I wish the Python now available was one of these two. Aventurine is about 10% green IMO, but I know after my PTS Viper Targa, Python isn’t for me on a day to day basis.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:44 PM
burnurass
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 52 Posts

The previous owner of my T was trying to mimic Oak Green Metallic. It really turns a lot of heads and is a great color! Would be interesting what you think @stout on how close it is

The following users liked this post:
LWG (09-23-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 05:04 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Originally Posted by burnurass
The previous owner of my T was trying to mimic Oak Green Metallic. It really turns a lot of heads and is a great color! Would be interesting what you think @stout on how close it is
What do you mean by "trying to mimic"? It doesn't look like OGM to my eye. What color is it?
Old 09-22-2021, 07:56 PM
burnurass
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 52 Posts

What do you mean by "trying to mimic"? It doesn't look like OGM to my eye. What color is it?
sorry, it’s a wrap!
Old 09-22-2021, 09:09 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Ah, that makes sense. Probably British Racing Green then?

All greens are fantastic though. I'm even a fan of Peridot. Almost bought a Cayman R in that color, seller wouldn't come down to a sane price though. (to be fair he was smart, I just couldn't swallow such a huge premium over normal Cayman R prices)

Quick Reply: Oak Green Beauty