Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oak Green Beauty

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 09:30 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,226 Likes on 705 Posts

I'm a sucker for Brewster... Imagine a Brewster green touring with an espresso interior.. Hnnng!!
The following users liked this post:
Tangerine (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 11:46 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Wujohn
…to switch from one PTS 991.2 to another PTS 991.2, with basically the same specs (at least from the outside) and of a similar color...you are a true enthusiast of the car! Cheers to you!

I merged from 10th st and Bryant and you were already on the 80/101...clearly my BMW was not loud enough to grab attention. Probably should have used the horn.
Thanks for that, and I was quite taken by the 991.2 Carrera/S at the intro in Tenerife. From the first drive up the first road, I could tell there was something unusually special about the 991.2 with its 3.0-liter engine and revised suspension, enough so that I nearly canceled my order for a GT4 on the flight home. I did take delivery of the GT4 and liked it, but sold it two years and 14,000 miles later when the Oak/Espresso Carrera arrived—partly because I needed rear seats, but also because those drives in Tenerife never really left me.

Sadly, the Oak car had various mechanical problems, one of which the selling dealer was unable to fix. So I rolled the dice and ordered another Carrera, this time Brewster/Black—hoping it would be as reliable as my GT4 and other Porsches I've had (not to mention countless test cars). And it has been: Three years and 25,000~ miles in, it has been trouble-free and I am every bit as satisfied with the drive as I was back in Tenerife.

And yes, use the horn next time!

Originally Posted by Keadog
Great pics. How I wish the Python now available was one of these two. Aventurine is about 10% green IMO, but I know after my PTS Viper Targa, Python isn’t for me on a day to day basis.
Love Python, Viper, Signal, and so many of those bright greens, but with you on the day-to-day aspect.

Originally Posted by burnurass
The previous owner of my T was trying to mimic Oak Green Metallic. It really turns a lot of heads and is a great color! Would be interesting what you think @stout on how close it is
Pic above reminds me how great green NB 991.2s can look (!); the other pics suggest the wrap is too dark and/or saturated to be like Oak.

But that's okay, as it's still a dark green 991.2, and a T no less!

Originally Posted by 911dude41
I'm a sucker for Brewster... Imagine a Brewster green touring with an espresso interior.. Hnnng!!
There's a couple of Brewster GT3 Tourings that I casually track. One with silver wheels, PCCB, and (I think) black interior that looks fabulous. Another with black wheels, red calipers, and plaid seats. None with Espresso that I have seen, but who knows! I think there's at least one BRG GT3 Touring in North America with a brown interior (maybe Espresso?).
Old 04-14-2022, 01:26 PM
Base991.2
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stout

Sadly, the Oak car had various mechanical problems, one of which the selling dealer was unable to fix. So I rolled the dice and ordered another Carrera, this time Brewster/Black—hoping it would be as reliable as my GT4 and other Porsches I've had (not to mention countless test cars). And it has been: Three years and 25,000~ miles in, it has been trouble-free and I am every bit as satisfied with the drive as I was back in Tenerife.
@stout My father owns your old 991.2 Oak Green Metallic base Carrera with PCCBs. He purchased the vehicle in Chicago, IL in 2019. The car currently resides in Florida.

It’s been running flawlessly since the day he bought it. It has about 13k miles on it now.

The following 3 users liked this post by Base991.2:
Noah Fect (04-17-2022), noahabel (04-14-2022), stout (04-15-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 06:38 PM
TXGerman
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 89 Posts

Such a great color....I like more colors than my wallet can support
The following 2 users liked this post by TXGerman:
Al.Fresco (04-14-2022), elamoutte (04-14-2022)
Old 04-15-2022, 05:16 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Base991.2
@stout My father owns your old 991.2 Oak Green Metallic base Carrera with PCCBs. He purchased the vehicle in Chicago, IL in 2019. The car currently resides in Florida.

It’s been running flawlessly since the day he bought it. It has about 13k miles on it now.

^ This is so great to see!

I understand the car went back to PCNA for inspection after repairs at a Bay Area dealer failed to rectify the issues, maybe then to IL? Wonderful to hear the car is serving your father well, and fun to see it again. And kinda neat that there are at least two green 991.2 Carreras with 7MT, PCCB, sport seats, etc in the U.S., which would not have happened any other way—something of a win-win after heartache on PCNA's and my part in trying to put that car right. Its counterpart, in Brewster Green on Black with nearly identical options, is approaching 30,000 trouble-free miles…and these two cars are the only 911s with the door sill plates that played a part in the creation of a CXX 000 Package for the 718 Spyder.

You probably know this, but your father's car was used for a comparison with the Carrera T, and I'd be happy to get a copy of that issue to him.
The following 2 users liked this post by stout:
Base991.2 (04-16-2022), MingusDew (04-15-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 11:49 AM
Base991.2
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^ This is so great to see!

I understand the car went back to PCNA for inspection after repairs at a Bay Area dealer failed to rectify the issues, maybe then to IL? Wonderful to hear the car is serving your father well, and fun to see it again. And kinda neat that there are at least two green 991.2 Carreras with 7MT, PCCB, sport seats, etc in the U.S., which would not have happened any other way—something of a win-win after heartache on PCNA's and my part in trying to put that car right. Its counterpart, in Brewster Green on Black with nearly identical options, is approaching 30,000 trouble-free miles…and these two cars are the only 911s with the door sill plates that played a part in the creation of a CXX 000 Package for the 718 Spyder.

You probably know this, but your father's car was used for a comparison with the Carrera T, and I'd be happy to get a copy of that issue to him.
The car was for sale at Porsche Barrington. Like you said, they told us that the car was at PCNA for inspection prior to Porsche Barrington purchasing the vehicle at auction. Funny story - we had no idea what the 000 on the door sill plate stood for when we were looking at the car. We quickly found out after a google search. I find it fascinating hearing about the car's history and how rare/unique it is. You did an incredible job with the spec.

And thanks for the offer! I purchased that 000 issue for him after reading the issue summary and assuming it had to be the Oak Green Metallic car used for the comparison. Would be very curious if you have the original window sticker for the car? Here are some great pics of the car when it was for sale at Porsche Barrington.

Noah Fect (04-17-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 02:07 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow- love seeing all these green modern 911's.
I have been itching to change the color of my 87 911 from factory black to a green- just not sure which one.
I have narrowed it down to British Racing Green, Brewster Green and Oak Green Metallic.
Going to take the car to a couple of high end wrappers and see what they say.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:50 AM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts

If this is too big of a thread hijack, please let me know and aIll delete this post.

Could anyone tell me the name of Porsches darkest metallic green?
i really like the Oak and Brewster, but it seems like I’ve seen one that looks black most of the time unless it’s in direct sunlight.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:03 AM
TXGerman
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by CTDan
If this is too big of a thread hijack, please let me know and aIll delete this post.

i really like the Oak and Brewster, but it seems like I’ve seen one that looks black most of the time unless it’s in direct sunlight.
Go to rennbow.org it has "all" of the Porsche colors on there
CTDan (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 10:01 PM
Nate2046
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by CTDan

@CTDan Dark Olive metallic.

https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colo...kOliveMetallic

CTDan (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 01:39 AM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate2046

Thank you very much!
Old 04-18-2022, 09:40 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Found the pics of the Oak and Brewster cars the only time they were together. No filter applied...

It's hard to capture Brewster accurately, as it's all over the map depending on the light. But this is fairly representative.

Where the Oak car remained at the stock ride height, the Brewster car did not.

Beautiful cars! Oak green has to be my favorite green. Just gorgeous.

Quick Reply: Oak Green Beauty