991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A shout out for 000

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2021 | 11:32 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... A bunch of projects, in the US and even internationally, setting out to do something conceptually similar, should make Pete blush
The following users liked this post:
stout (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021 | 12:03 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DBH
Pete, please don't sell my #17 copy as I've yet to receive it via our less than stellar postal service.
^ Not to worry—we hold back enough of each new issue to be sure we can take care of subscribers.

Originally Posted by Fullyield
My children went together and bought me a subscription last Christmas. Great gift. Beats the hell out of a new tie, socks or underwear.
I'll say. If I know anything about Porsche enthusiasts, it's that we can be exceedingly difficult to shop for.

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
And let's not forget Alex.
Thanks for this, Tom. There would be no 000 without Alex, and his contribution has never ceased. A car nut's car nut, and a creative who puts the hours in to do a job right. We've been colleagues and friends for 23~ years, and figured 000 would test our friendship. Five years into 000, it's never been stronger.

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... A bunch of projects, in the US and even internationally, setting out to do something conceptually similar, should make Pete blush
It has been great to see a new generation of automotive quarterlies pop up, and I wonder if they were inevitable as people looked for a way to make print work? Whatever the case, I sincerely hope all of them thrive—as I've never much cared for "lightweight" magazines and some of my childhood heroes are either no longer in print or getting way too thin.
Old 05-10-2021 | 02:42 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Speaking of quarterlies there's one I really miss- Automobile Quarterly. I collected that for years and still cherish the ones I own.
Old 05-10-2021 | 05:28 PM
TomTarzian
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
It has been great to see a new generation of automotive quarterlies pop up, and I wonder if they were inevitable as people looked for a way to make print work? Whatever the case, I sincerely hope all of them thrive—as I've never much cared for "lightweight" magazines and some of my childhood heroes are either no longer in print or getting way too thin.
Yes, Pete, very insightful comment about quarterlies perhaps being the way to make print work today. Some of my monthly childhood heroes that are still in print are unrecognizable as their former selves. They have undergone plastic surgery or botox treatments and the results are not flattering. This awful culture we have today has warped even automotive publications.

God bless,
TT

Quick Reply: A shout out for 000