Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by barncobob
they may have been perfect..no dots needed
At least, perfect enough for me. :-)
Old 04-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Ginzo
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

My CPO purchase came with new tires, balanced and alignment performed. The tech did not remove the glue and residuals from the old weights. I am hesitant to remove for fear that the slight weight being removed may effect the tire balance. Anyone have an opinion on this.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:00 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 460 Posts

id let it slide, remove them and the wheel is out of balance OR remove and they have to re-balance....this is why i take my own wheels off so its done correctly
Old 04-01-2021, 03:33 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginzo
My CPO purchase came with new tires, balanced and alignment performed. The tech did not remove the glue and residuals from the old weights. I am hesitant to remove for fear that the slight weight being removed may effect the tire balance. Anyone have an opinion on this.
I’d remove the glue. I doubt it will affect the balance of the tire in any noticeable way unless you drive at truly insane speeds near the car’s limit (eg, you track the car). And if for some reason you sense (or can definitely feel) the tires without the glue are no longer properly balanced, simply take the car back to the dealer and tell them the tires do not feel properly balanced and to please check them (you don’t have to mention you removed the glue, which should’ve been removed by the tech). Either way, you’ll end up with wheels that are properly balanced with no residual glue.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Weight of residual wheel weight glue

would be inconsequential. Remove it!
The following 2 users liked this post by Matrog:
Sennafan (05-23-2022), Viper pilot (04-01-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:42 PM
Ginzo
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LSR
I’d remove the glue. I doubt it will affect the balance of the tire in any noticeable way unless you drive at truly insane speeds near the car’s limit (eg, you track the car). And if for some reason you sense (or can definitely feel) the tires without the glue are no longer properly balanced, simply take the car back to the dealer and tell them the tires do not feel properly balanced and to please check them (you don’t have to mention you removed the glue, which should’ve been removed by the tech). Either way, you’ll end up with wheels that are properly balanced with no residual glue.
Thats exactly what I am going to do. Thanks

Quick Reply: Wheel weight glue - how to remove?