Sponsored by:

Tial M660 Turbo's for 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 07:15 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,280 Likes on 677 Posts
Default Still waiting Tial M660

Well, I pulled the trigger on Tial M660’s on 16 July 2021.

They said 4-6 weeks delivery. I said i have an 8 week window.

Still waiting for them to confirm they can deliver a set. All sorts of evasive excuses. So long as they deliver by first week in September, I will be happy.

They said they have 50 brand new GTS cores. 20 pulled down, but no parts to make
a complete set.

I never exchanged as i have a GTS. The only way to guarantee GTS frames on your 660 is to buy a brand new set. So i paid the extra and continue to wait.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 08-09-2021 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:52 PM
3DMetal
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Well, I pulled the trigger on Tial M660’s on 16 July 2021.

They said 4-6 weeks delivery. I said i have an 8 week window.

Still waiting for them to confirm they can deliver a set. All sorts of evasive excuses. So long as they deliver by first week in September, I will be happy.

They said they have 50 brand new GTS cores. 20 pulled down, but no parts to make
a complete set.

I never exchanges as i have a GTS. The only way to guarantee GTS frames on your 660 is to buy a brand new set. So i paid the extra and continue to wait.
I know that this is the first line of a set of GTS based Tial M660s ( final name in process ) . They are doing their best , but production quality and process is different than a 1 off .
Old 08-09-2021, 09:56 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3DMetal
I know that this is the first line of a set of GTS based Tial M660s ( final name in process ) . They are doing their best , but production quality and process is different than a 1 off .
I’m trying to hang in there. I have a really important race in September. If they can deliver before the race, I will be happy. They had 8 weeks. I will be rather upset if they use 6 weeks and then say, “Sorry!” I had enquired in February, and they said 4-6 weeks back then. I am ok with 4-6 weeks from placement of order, as 8 weeks still gave me a week to get them on and tuned.

Waiting…….The ball is in their court.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:03 PM
fsmich
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 108 Posts

What is the difference between the base, S, and GTS cores? And which cores are you and Tyler running?
Thanks.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:06 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fsmich
What is the difference between the base, S, and GTS cores? And which cores are you and Tyler running?
Thanks.
Its a great question. I immediately assumed Tyler ran GTS cores and thats why he is only one in the 9’s. Most others would be exchange, which would mean base/T frames.

I don’t know if any other GTS owners have done the M660 yet? Or am I the first GTS owner to upgrade?
The following users liked this post:
thesaintusa (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 10:17 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Entering Main Straight

Behind Pista

Pull out on 720HP Pista

Door to door

I need more to get it done!

My car is fast. E40 Protune, door to door down the main straight with a 720Hp Pista.

I just need a little more to get the job done.

Here, its the overtaking cars responsibility to get it done safely, or to back out. After being on the Pista’s *** for 3 laps, the correct thing is for him to roll off the throttle on the straight. But a proud Italian man, will never yield.

So i need more power 🤣
thesaintusa (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 11:25 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts

That would be great to hear the sounds of both of those cars blasting down the straight WOT!

4 Point 0 (08-09-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 02:09 AM
3DMetal
Instructor

Its a great question. I immediately assumed Tyler ran GTS cores and thats why he is only one in the 9’s. Most others would be exchange, which would mean base/T frames.

I don’t know if any other GTS owners have done the M660 yet? Or am I the first GTS owner to upgrade?
Tyler’s car was on M660s with carrera cores.
the M660 is a c, cs, t - based turbo .

The M660 performs at over 700whp in multiple tests. The full Tial engineered system is a large factor.

our Tial test cars are also on M660s .
e46_ema (10-20-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 02:39 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Tyler’s car was on M660s with carrera cores.
the M660 is a c, cs, t - based turbo .

The M660 performs at over 700whp in multiple tests. The full Tial engineered system is a large factor.

our Tial test cars are also on M660s .
I have IPD Plenum
BMC Filter
PWR Centre Radiator
Vektor Headers
AMS Intercoolers
COBB Pro tune E40
TurboSmart BOV
Akrapovic 300 cell cats
PSE
Vektor proto-type turbo inlet.

I’m happy to add your Tial Tubes, and love the 3D printed turbo inlets. I most likely will change to those. Then ditch the Akra Cats and go Catless.

Anything missing? That’s pretty much everything Tyler has. Except I have all the E-Motion bars and a Mechanical OS Giken LSD. GTS is widebody and has 12 inch tear rims.

I do have COBB pdk tune, which was a big improvement. But I am happy to try APR PDK tune to test the claims.

Regards MJ
Old 08-12-2021, 04:37 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Default 4 Weeks down

Well its pretty much been 4 weeks since i paid for the Tial turbo’s. They said 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 08-31-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:34 PM
3DMetal
Instructor

I have IPD Plenum
BMC Filter
PWR Centre Radiator
Vektor Headers
AMS Intercoolers
COBB Pro tune E40
TurboSmart BOV
Akrapovic 300 cell cats
PSE
Vektor proto-type turbo inlet.
I’m happy to add your Tial Tubes, and love the 3D printed turbo inlets. I most likely will change to those. Then ditch the Akra Cats and go Catless.
Anything missing? That’s pretty much everything Tyler has. Except I have all the E-Motion bars and a Mechanical OS Giken LSD. GTS is widebody and has 12 inch tear rims.
I do have COBB pdk tune, which was a big improvement. But I am happy to try APR PDK tune to test the claims.
Regards MJ
MJ,
I haven't tested any of the parts in your list. The Development 991 at TiAL, Our car, and at APR was with the full engineered and instrumented package for the Carrera, S, GTS, and M660.
The PSE does not show significant back pressure at 650 whp.. beyond that it is unknown.

The inlets and turbo elbows will have the next greatest effect in performance.
The 3D printed ICs help as they have low pressure drop ( but high effectiveness )

The tune will not be easy. The PDK will hold back how much power you can put down.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:41 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

MJ,
I haven't tested any of the parts in your list. The Development 991 at TiAL, Our car, and at APR was with the full engineered and instrumented package for the Carrera, S, GTS, and M660.
The PSE does not show significant back pressure at 650 whp.. beyond that it is unknown.

The inlets and turbo elbows will have the next greatest effect in performance.
The 3D printed ICs help as they have low pressure drop ( but high effectiveness )

The tune will not be easy. The PDK will hold back how much power you can put down.
My tuner is better than yours. 🤣

Don’t worry about the tune side.
If the PDK still causes dramas, I’ll have to spring for MoTeC. Then we’ll see whose car is fast. 🤣

Don’t stress about the tune and PDK issues, just get me the turbs on time please. I have world class guys working on the tuning and pdk side of things. And a Mechanical diff.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:21 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Now would be a good time for guys that have the M660’s to chime in and say how great they are. 🤣

This is not my first rodeo. I fully expect tuning issues, and PDK issues. That’s part of the challenge. Its rewarding refining and developing stuff, especially as it always equates to more speed. Whilst my car is fast, it lacks top end, when Coming up against Ferrari Pista and 720S and 765LT.

Once the tune is right it will be a force to be reckoned with.

My personal view is that no one has fixed the PDK issue as yet. I’m ok if I have to find the person to do it. It will get done.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:33 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 128 Posts

Now would be a good time for guys that have the M660’s to chime in and say how great they are. 🤣

This is not my first rodeo. I fully expect tuning issues, and PDK issues. That’s part of the challenge. Its rewarding refining and developing stuff, especially as it always equates to more speed. Whilst my car is fast, it lacks top end, when Coming up against Ferrari Pista and 720S and 765LT.

Once the tune is right it will be a force to be reckoned with.

My personal view is that no one has fixed the PDK issue as yet. I’m ok if I have to find the person to do it. It will get done.
I have a set of lightly used M660's along with a Cobb Protune from BBi Autosport (and many other goodies) on the way in the next week and intend on installing them as soon as I can. Unfortunately, the car was previously tuned for 91 octane because the original build came out of CA, so I will be sourcing a Cobb Protuner in the Austin/Central Texas area to utilize 93 octane or E85 if they're capable of it.

I'm personally not looking to max everything out, but I think a solid 650 wheel would be more than enough. I'm more of an acceleration junky (drag/roll racing, etc) than track, hence why I'm using a base C4 with AWD for this build. I think it can easily get deep into the 10's on pump gas - and maybe the AWD trans is slightly more beefed up than that of the RWD 991.2 Carrera's? I recall reading that the AWD trans in the 991.2's and beyond were essentially using the same trans as the previous Capital T models.

If you happen to find a solution for the PDK shifting, please share as I'm also anticipating similar issues as I start to pushing into higher torque values.

Last edited by AlexZTuned; 08-18-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:45 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I have a set of lightly used M660's along with a Cobb Protune from BBi Autosport (and many other goodies) on the way in the next week and intend on installing them as soon as I can. Unfortunately, the car was previously tuned for 91 octane because the original build came out of CA, so I will be sourcing a Cobb Protuner in the Austin/Central Texas area to utilize 93 octane or E85 if they're capable of it.

I'm personally not looking to max everything out, but I think a solid 650 wheel would be more than enough. I'm more of an acceleration junky (drag/roll racing, etc) than track, hence why I'm using a base C4 with AWD for this build. I think it can easily get deep into the 10's on pump gas - and maybe the AWD trans is slightly more beefed up than that of the RWD 991.2 Carrera's? I recall reading that the AWD trans in the 991.2's and beyond were essentially using the same trans as the previous Capital T models.

If you happen to find a solution for the PDK shifting, please share as I'm also anticipating similar issues as I start to pushing into higher torque values.
I look forward to hearing about it.

I rarely experience it now. I need to try and log it.
The only issue i have now, feels like traction control is trying to intervene, even though i run it fully off. The mechanical diff has helped, in that when the issue does happen the duration window is extremely shortened.

Next track day, 27th, i will play around and try and capture it on a log. I’m pretty sure its only 3rd gear. I can never recall if its 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th. But thats it. And it doesn’t happen all the time. So it’s not a big deal at present. I’m just expecting it to become a bigger deal with the new turbo’s.

I guess it also feels like wheel spin. Something cooky is going on with the revs. I’m a little preoccupied with not putting the car into the wall, so it doesn’t have my full attention. 🤣

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 08-18-2021 at 03:51 PM.
AlexZTuned (09-02-2021)

Quick Reply: Tial M660 Turbo's for 991.2