Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 08:18 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 167 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
I called DSC, spoke with Mike in engineering, he said ship it back, they'll take care of it, no charge (except shipping). Told me to call Monday and speak with "sales" as he's in engineering. They'll work out the details, said they'll probably want to see my receipt from SOUL PP. I bought mine June 2021, not even 1 year old. Interesting, I also had an " Air vent pressure code" that I get a lot, not sure if it's the Softronic tune. I've been on the boards, had all the parts replaced by Porsche, still throws the code, it comes and goes. That also went away when I put the original module back in.
Hello ,
The unit is for the PASM and is not an issue with the Softronic software.
Best.
Scott.
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Last edited by Softronic; 06-12-2023 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Text
Old 02-27-2022, 08:37 AM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello ,
The software is for the PASM and is not an issue with the Softronic software.
Best.
Scott.
Agreed, I don't think it's your tune Scott (which is great), just a coincidence that the Tank Vent Pressure CEL went away with the OEM module swap.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:52 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 384 Likes on 200 Posts

If it’s a Tank Vent Pressure - as in P24D6 - chances are that it’s the breather line that we talked about in that other thread. Not sure if you actually ever had that replaced. See https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1212...l#post17586733

The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-04-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 04:09 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enzotcat
If it’s a Tank Vent Pressure - as in P24D6 - chances are that it’s the breather line that we talked about in that other thread. Not sure if you actually ever had that replaced. See https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1212...l#post17586733
Yes, it was replaced as well as: pressure sensor , valve block, pressure converter, coolant pump (#3).
Next time it throws the CEL I'll remove the tune and bring it in.

EDIT 10PM EST
It came on tonight driving home from a friends for dinner. I'll call my dealer, make an appointment, and go from there. Maybe they didn't actually replace those parts, who knows. All I can say is it is a chronic issue that I want resolved.

Last edited by The Ox; 02-27-2022 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:04 AM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 384 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
Yes, it was replaced as well as: pressure sensor , valve block, pressure converter, coolant pump (#3).
Next time it throws the CEL I'll remove the tune and bring it in.

EDIT 10PM EST
It came on tonight driving home from a friends for dinner. I'll call my dealer, make an appointment, and go from there. Maybe they didn't actually replace those parts, who knows. All I can say is it is a chronic issue that I want resolved.
Check your service work order from last time and check the part numbers that were replaced. I *think* I listed the part number in that previous thread - see if you've got a match on it or not; if not, get them to replace it.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:35 AM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enzotcat
Check your service work order from last time and check the part numbers that were replaced. I *think* I listed the part number in that previous thread - see if you've got a match on it or not; if not, get them to replace it.
They match, I checked after you listed them from the prior thread, the numbers match, that's what worries me, a little bit. I just dropped it off, I'll keep you apprised.

I appreciate your help/input with this.
enzotcat (02-28-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 11:43 AM
Kernel Klink
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I posted this in another thread, however with the PDLS error included, I figured it would be a relevant contribution.

I had a similar issue with the V3 in my 981. Was in the mountains playing for a week, and the controller worked like a dream. It's amazing the difference between it and stock. I did level the controller prior to getting an alignment for the trip.

Unfortunately, halfway through the trip I received the PASM and headlamp faults upon cold start in the morning. (I gave a cursory search on my phone when I was able to find service, and found this thread suggesting swapping back to stock. I was checking voltage and what not given how temperamental these cars can be, but luckily I saw this discussion.) Swapped back to the stock controller, and all was well. Luckily I had it with me since it was the first time running the DSC in the mountains. I did have the car at the dealer after the DSC install just prior to the trip, but only for an alignment. There should not have been any computer communication. They are a great dealer, in that they understand (and for some reason, support) all the mods to the car and will not proceed with updates without speaking to me. Very pleased with their service. I am surprised at myself for admitting this, given the price disparity between it and the only other great dealer experience I've had, in Lexus.

I've been home for a few and finally was able to speak with someone at TPC/DSC (which I believe was Tom, as it sounded like him from the videos), and he was very helpful regarding both the possible issues and fixes, as well as mounting solutions and possible contributing factors. Family lives right around the corner from the shop, so I'll be popping by when I am in town next month for a diagnosis and re-flash/repair. It is an expensive piece of hardware, but TPC/DSC seems to support and stand behind their product with integrity...and as noted previously, it's a dramatic improvement over stock in all modes. Best bang for buck mod, with the most noticeable impact/results for the car I would say. Well, that and headers with BGB tune.

Once I have a resolution, I will follow up on this thread for visibility. I can't wait to get my Damptronics installed, and see how much an improvement the DSC map for the Bilstein's improve the platform.

@The Ox What was your experience/resolution for this issue? Thanks
Old 04-14-2022, 01:16 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kernel Klink
I posted this in another thread, however with the PDLS error included, I figured it would be a relevant contribution.

I had a similar issue with the V3 in my 981. Was in the mountains playing for a week, and the controller worked like a dream. It's amazing the difference between it and stock. I did level the controller prior to getting an alignment for the trip.

Unfortunately, halfway through the trip I received the PASM and headlamp faults upon cold start in the morning. (I gave a cursory search on my phone when I was able to find service, and found this thread suggesting swapping back to stock. I was checking voltage and what not given how temperamental these cars can be, but luckily I saw this discussion.) Swapped back to the stock controller, and all was well. Luckily I had it with me since it was the first time running the DSC in the mountains. I did have the car at the dealer after the DSC install just prior to the trip, but only for an alignment. There should not have been any computer communication. They are a great dealer, in that they understand (and for some reason, support) all the mods to the car and will not proceed with updates without speaking to me. Very pleased with their service. I am surprised at myself for admitting this, given the price disparity between it and the only other great dealer experience I've had, in Lexus.

I've been home for a few and finally was able to speak with someone at TPC/DSC (which I believe was Tom, as it sounded like him from the videos), and he was very helpful regarding both the possible issues and fixes, as well as mounting solutions and possible contributing factors. Family lives right around the corner from the shop, so I'll be popping by when I am in town next month for a diagnosis and re-flash/repair. It is an expensive piece of hardware, but TPC/DSC seems to support and stand behind their product with integrity...and as noted previously, it's a dramatic improvement over stock in all modes. Best bang for buck mod, with the most noticeable impact/results for the car I would say. Well, that and headers with BGB tune.

Once I have a resolution, I will follow up on this thread for visibility. I can't wait to get my Damptronics installed, and see how much an improvement the DSC map for the Bilstein's improve the platform.

@The Ox What was your experience/resolution for this issue? Thanks
Kernel, I had the same message after almost a year. I put the original unit back in, all codes cleared and the car was fine. I also called DSC and spoke with Tom. He was great, sent them the unit, they re-booted it with the current file, reinstalled it and the car is fine. I really missed it when it was gone. Looking forward to HPDE at WGI in July.

Based on previous threads, and a lot of help and good advice from members on this board I didn't panic when i saw the CEL. I knew it was a problem with the unit, and as above , easily resolved. You should be fine after a reboot.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:11 PM
Kernel Klink
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have no doubt that this will be rectified without issue. I was just curious as to how things ended for you, given the last post. Appreciate the follow up!
Old 04-14-2022, 03:59 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kernel Klink
I have no doubt that this will be rectified without issue. I was just curious as to how things ended for you, given the last post. Appreciate the follow up!
Check. The tank vent pressure CEL has also been resolved with a lot of help form enzotcat.
Kernel Klink (04-14-2022)
Old 06-12-2023, 04:33 PM
ghost_of_onyx
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Just had this same thing happen to me. Sent it to TPC (out of warranty) and was just charged a service fee and shipping.
Was told that this is a fairly frequent occurrence as the 991 generation models power the PASM module first, and the DSC module is particularly sensitive. Going to have to build in swapping out the stock controller with the DSC one when putting away the car for extended periods of time just to be safe.
Old 12-22-2023, 10:56 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 153 Posts

This fault catches me too from time to time. It's always my drivers side headlamp and i normally drive during the day so doesn't impact me. However, 2 weeks ago i was leaving early for a track day and the fault occured. Sucks since it was dark out and no amount of start - restart worked. Drove with a single lamp. Guess i'll start carrying the original box if needed.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:31 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 944 Likes on 525 Posts

I would like to add that any sensors and modules that is part of the Headlight control system and Suspension control system can potentially cause this fault message to appear. Even a weak car battery or blown fuse can cause this fault message. It is not always the DSC controller. Using a PIWIS tester or generic scan tool to read a DSC controller will show "no comm" or "offline" because these tools are designed to communicate with the stock controller that uses stock software. If the DSC controller is at fault the green LED will not light up with ignition ON.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Brainofjjj (12-22-2023)