Sponsored by:

DSC Sport Module V3 - Headlight/Suspension Fault Errors

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 11:34 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts
Default DSC Sport Module V3 - Headlight/Suspension Fault Errors

Wondering if anyone has ever had the headlight fault control AND suspension fault error show up at same time while running the DSC?

When this has showed up for me it also has been tied to arising after a several day battery charge in the garage. Curious if others have had this issue.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:57 PM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 121 Posts

Yes. Assuming yours is the same problem as mine, you'll need to send the controller to them for a system reboot. Reach out via email and they will take care of you.

Mine happened after the car was at a shop for PPF for several days -- they ran the battery dead with the doors open all day long. At the suggestion of the DSC team I plugged in the original SPASM controller to try to get the system to reboot. The errors were not present with the SPASM controller, but then reappeared when I plugged the DSC back in (i.e. reboot failed to clear the error). I sent them an email and they had me send the device back to them. The DSC controller had somehow jumped back into the boot mode and wasn't communicating with the car. They need to use their software to clear the issue. When I got it back, all was working and back to normal.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:20 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Thanks for the reply. It is odd as mine was on a charger just to be safe each time, so never run dead like your scenario. Also mine went away before when I had the DSC installed, but this time it has not cleared after several days.

I also thought you could reboot the system yourself if you hooked up a notebook, but perhaps I am wrong. Not excited to have to mail it back.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 121 Posts

It might have something to do with how you and (in my case) the PPF shop are (re)charging it? I have no idea, honestly, but that would be the common denominator. DSC was very quick with the turnaround, even though the usual COVID limitations were impacting them. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2021, 02:06 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Definitely a weird one. Almost makes more sense to me if the car battery died, but in my case I have had it charging with the Porsche OEM charger and this issue has arisen after that. Something from that must set it off. Not sure how it went away before but not this time.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:42 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Anyone know what to do in this case, my headlight auto beam doesn't work, and dealer trying to blame DSC (2016 RS) They also say they cannot adjust the headlights up higher cause they seem low. Any help appreciated.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Targe19
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Franko T
Anyone know what to do in this case, my headlight auto beam doesn't work, and dealer trying to blame DSC (2016 RS) They also say they cannot adjust the headlights up higher cause they seem low. Any help appreciated.
have you tried taking the DSC out and reinstalling the original? I had those issues with the DSC too. When I replaced to the original everything worked. I sent the DSC back and they had to reprogram it.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:08 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

I am not sure how the headlight autoswitch not coming on when its dark has anything to do with the suspension. Auto leveling YES I would understand.

Anyone think it could be the SUN SENSOR?
Old 11-16-2021, 05:51 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 944 Likes on 525 Posts

If I recall correctly from 9 months ago the cause of the OP's issue was a voltage spike during PPF installation that likely happened with the ignition switch left on for an extended period of time. Voltage spike can corrupt the function of electronic devices, in this case was the DSC controller. From my recollection the OP's DSC controller was sent in for a factory reboot and the issue resolved. How the headlights come into this scenario with the suspension controller is because the headlight control module uses the ride height sensor data for leveling, and the hub device for the ride height sensor data is the suspension controller. It sounds like the issue the OP had is completely different than what are you are experiencing.

I have a 2016 RS with DSC and the headlights work perfectly. Maybe you should try to zero the ride height sensors using the DSC software, this should make a difference if the headlight control module is looking for a zero value to relate to. Or swap the stock controller in for the headlight adjusting.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 11-16-2021, 06:05 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

The dealer couldn't fix my auto light switch issue, they said

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND HELP!
Tech has no communication with the front end control unit and there is a fault stored for the PDLS and PASM
These are hard faults
The PDLS is not moving up or down to see the height of the vehicle
The system must see the height by moving the headlamps left right up and down

Attached is my DSC software i downloaded, how would i reset it, and would it have to be on a 100% level ground?
Old 11-16-2021, 06:08 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I am not sure how the headlight autoswitch not coming on when its dark has anything to do with the suspension. Auto leveling YES I would understand.
The auto switch works fine on my car and on another car that I drove today. Both cars have DSC.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:21 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The dealer couldn't fix my auto light switch issue, they said

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND HELP!
Tech has no communication with the front end control unit and there is a fault stored for the PDLS and PASM
These are hard faults
The PDLS is not moving up or down to see the height of the vehicle
The system must see the height by moving the headlamps left right up and down

Attached is my DSC software i downloaded, how would i reset it, and would it have to be on a 100% level ground?
Having no comm with the front end control unit is a whole different issue that's unrelated. The front end control unit controls the headlights but not the suspension. The front end control unit uses ride height data only to level the headlights. So if there's no communication at all from the front end control unit then that's separate issue. The front end control unit controls the headlights, headlight washers, side markers, turn signals, radiator fans, hood release, and etc.

Follow this video to zero ride height sensor. Car must be level and ignition must be turned on (or have engine idling). This video is titled FAL, exact same procedure for zero-ing ride height sensor for all systems on the car that uses ride height sensor data.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:46 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Wondering if anyone has ever had the headlight fault control AND suspension fault error show up at same time while running the DSC?

When this has showed up for me it also has been tied to arising after a several day battery charge in the garage. Curious if others have had this issue.
I just had the same fault codes, searched the forums and found this thread. I put the original controller back in and codes went away. I'm going to reach out to DSC today. My car is a DD, drove almost 80 miles the day prior to this, battery is fine, so this was unexpected. Thanks for the info and I'll send updates.
Old 02-26-2022, 02:56 PM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
I just had the same fault codes, searched the forums and found this thread. I put the original controller back in and codes went away. I'm going to reach out to DSC today. My car is a DD, drove almost 80 miles the day prior to this, battery is fine, so this was unexpected. Thanks for the info and I'll send updates.
Damn, same thing just happened to me! Thanks for bumping this thread. Worked one day, then the next day I got the fault. I also pulled the DSC unit and reinstalled the original controller, which resolved the issue. I was going to try the zero ride height sensor reset, but when I plugged the unit into my computer and tried to connect it, I got this message.

Having to ship this unit from Canada sucks! I guess I should try Shipnerd.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:02 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed2k
Damn, same thing just happened to me! Thanks for bumping this thread. Worked one day, then the next day I got the fault. I also pulled the DSC unit and reinstalled the original controller, which resolved the issue. I was going to try the zero ride height sensor reset, but when I plugged the unit into my computer and tried to connect it, I got this message.

Having to ship this unit from Canada sucks! I guess I should try Shipnerd.
I called DSC, spoke with Mike in engineering, he said ship it back, they'll take care of it, no charge (except shipping). Told me to call Monday and speak with "sales" as he's in engineering. They'll work out the details, said they'll probably want to see my receipt from SOUL PP. I bought mine June 2021, not even 1 year old. Interesting, I also had an " Air vent pressure code" that I get a lot, not sure if it's the Softronic tune. I've been on the boards, had all the parts replaced by Porsche, still throws the code, it comes and goes. That also went away when I put the original module back in.

Last edited by The Ox; 02-26-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Module V3 - Headlight/Suspension Fault Errors