Sponsored by:

Always wondered where is my 991.2 Diverter Valve? Me too

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 01:12 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 590 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by fsmich
It looks to me like the OP and Dark Horse have their hi pressure (smaller) hose installed perpendicular to the vacuum line, OPPOSITE of the stock diverter. I had World's install mine like this last summer on APR's advice. Car is running fine and is 3/10's quicker 60-130. I did have the inlets and pipes installed at the same time.
?????
It'll still work in the opposite orientation, but be slower to open. In OEM configuration, the boost is pushing up against the valve. When the throttle is closed, vacuum is pulling up on the valve working together with the high pressure to open the valve. In the other orientation, boost is pushing to keep the valve closed and vacuum pulling in the valve to open. So there is a bit more time before the force from vacuum is strong enough to pull up and over come the force from boost pressure pushing down.

Last edited by spdracerut; 01-20-2022 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 989 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Stock ones start to open the more pressure. Whereas after market ones are held closed by more pressure. Read that again. After market ones are meant to be reverse, so when you increase boost, it doesn’t force them open, it holds them closed, so no boost leaks.
@4 Point 0 @spdracerut @Dark_horse @polobai
Sorry for tagging all of you guys but I'm growing confused about the proper orientation reading through this thread and I know YOU guys have all installed a DV. Do the after market diverter valves work in reverse when installed at the same orientation as the stock or are they supposed to be installed in the opposite orientation making them work in reverse. If they are supposed to be installed in the opposite orientation and this is purely hypothetical as I'm aware that the OEM ones are crap and prone to failure, then wouldn't you have the same effect of working in reverse by simply flipping the OEM DV to the opposite orientation? Again, I'm not planning to use the OEM one, I'm just trying to understand what makes the aftermarket ones work in the opposite manner of holding the valve closed under boost instead of pushing them open.

One more question that I think was previously asked about this reverse mechanism that the aftermarket DVs have. Is there any inherent risk with this mechanism in the event that there's too much boost and the valve is being forced closed? My guess with a typical stage 1 or similar tune like a Softronic that the boost pressures are not an issue but I'm just curious what could go wrong by holding the valve closed under pressure.

OP showing vacuum line perpendicular to inlet.

Dark_Horse showing perpendicular to inlet

This image shows OEM inlet with vacuum line running parallel to inlet

Then this image shows what appear to be OEM inlet with vacuum line running perpendicular.

So I guess the question I have of the above images showing the stock inlets, which one is that actual correct stock orientation and is it correct that the vacuum line should run perpendicular to the inlet pipe?

My apologies in advance for the extra clarification I need.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:20 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Oh screw me never mind I just saw this pic on the Flat Six website of their DV installed. So perpendicular it is.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:27 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 590 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
Oh screw me never mind I just saw this pic on the Flat Six website of their DV installed. So perpendicular it is.

Proper orientation is the same as OEM. Trust the Porsche engineers. It's designed as-is from the factory based on the fluid mechanics principles I explained. And as I explained, it will work in reverse orientation, but be slower to react which can accelerate turbo wear.

Last edited by spdracerut; 01-20-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:33 PM
fsmich
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks, spdracerut!
I'll have to get under the car someday and see how mine are installed lol.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:17 AM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by don16
What the hell!!! I wasn't planning to buy any valves for a few month's but the price is so good, even shipped to the UK (It's FREE!)... Seems too good to be true so I have paid with CC for protection...
Just to let everyone know, I received these today. What an absolute steal! These go for 200£+ each and I paid 156£ for 2 delivered from US. Crazy!
Old 01-31-2022, 09:22 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Just to let everyone know, I received these today. What an absolute steal! These go for 200£+ each and I paid 156£ for 2 delivered from US. Crazy!
I haven't received mine yet. Strange.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:38 PM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
I haven't received mine yet. Strange.
Contact them. I did and then two day's later they shipped and 3 days later arrived. I'm very happy. Wasn't expecting them to arrive for at least a month or two which would have been fine as I don't plan to fit them for month or 2.

Last edited by don16; 01-31-2022 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 02:01 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Contact them. I did and then two day's later they shipped and 3 days later arrived. I'm very happy. Wasn't expecting them to arrive for at least a month or two which would have been fine as I don't plan to fit them for month or 2.
I reached out and they told me mine would ship by the end of the week. We shall see. But like you, I'm in no rush either. I'm accumulating a bunch of odds and ends parts that I plan to install (Vektor AOS, sound system upgrade, etc.) at a later date.
Old 02-11-2022, 04:18 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

I'm super disappointed in MBenzGram on the screwing me with my order which I placed almost 3 weeks ago. I just reached out to them AGAIN and they told me that they are out of stock and won't have any more until August. I'm glad it worked out for you @don16 but I will not be giving this company any of my business in the future.

Here is the chain of emails:Support - Alysia (mbenzgram)

Feb 11, 2022, 12:10 PM PST

Hello,
Per manufacturer will be available to ship by

Part Number: DV100001

Available Inventory: 8/15/2022

Alysia

Customer Support
This is a follow-up to your previous request #XXXXXXX "RE: Order #XXXXXXX Confir..."

Hi, I still haven’t received my order. Do you have a tracking number?

Thanks,

From: Support - Alysia (MBENZGRAM) <sales@mbenzgram.zendesk.com>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 9:10 AM
Subject: [mbenzgram] Re: (ticket # : XXXXXXX)

Thank you for contacting MBGRAM.

Your request (ticket # : XXXXXXX) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Support - Alysia (mbenzgram)

Jan 31, 2022, 6:10 AM PST

Hello,

Your order will ship LATER THIS WEEK, a tracking number will update ONCE SHIPPED. Any questions or concerns please reply to this email.

Thank You

Alysia

Customer Support

Phone During Business Hours Only : +1-530-778-4797

Last edited by Tier1Terrier; 02-11-2022 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 04:31 PM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Nothing yet with mine either, just a vague “we have your order” email.

Cant recommend them thus far.

Thank you for your patience, Your order is currently being processed for shipping,
You will receive a tracking number once the order is ready for shipping.

Last edited by Nathan_; 02-11-2022 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 04:36 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan_

Thank you for your patience, Your order is currently being processed for shipping,
I got a Evos By Pass from Flat6 Motersports. Great fit and high quality piece. Good service and most likrly in stock
The following users liked this post:
Tier1Terrier (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nathan_

Yeah, I got a similar response the previous time I emailed them. That was about 10 days ago. Then I asked again today on email and by phone call. I cancelled my order. We'll see how long they take to process the refund.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:56 PM
991_T
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by F355bob
I got a Evos By Pass from Flat6 Motersports. Great fit and high quality piece. Good service and most likrly in stock
I just received mine yesterday Flat6's ordered through SOUL Performance, they took a while due to a backorder now i can move forward with my mod's.
Old 02-12-2022, 02:38 PM
capiii
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ordered mine about 3 weeks ago from Mbenz, called and talked to customer service. At that time she told me they were slow on shipping due to employees but should be able to ship within 2 weeks and at that time they had 13 in stock.
I followed up with an email in a week or so and they shipped my order and I received it about a week ago. So weird how some get them and some don't??

Quick Reply: Always wondered where is my 991.2 Diverter Valve? Me too