Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Quarter Window - loose?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 09:21 PM
HardRider
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 121 Posts

I actually removed mine and added a 1/16" rubber strip to bottom of glass to eliminate a rattle which turned out to be the rear hatch bumper not being adjusted correctly, lol. I would not touch it, You can push on any 911 and that glass is moving unless a nut like me put rubber under it. Yea it's a cheap crappy design on any car no less a 6 figure car. Only two bolts can be tightened behind the b pillar. You tighten too much and you bust glass. I forget the torque value but it like 16 ft-lbs. get b-pillar cover off is incredibly difficult due to a clip. again look at rattle post and he does an exceptional job explaining how to remove. Again I wouldn't touch it....
The following users liked this post:
QuietFiend (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 10:41 PM
QuietFiend
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRider
I actually removed mine and added a 1/16" rubber strip to bottom of glass to eliminate a rattle which turned out to be the rear hatch bumper not being adjusted correctly, lol. I would not touch it, You can push on any 911 and that glass is moving unless a nut like me put rubber under it. Yea it's a cheap crappy design on any car no less a 6 figure car. Only two bolts can be tightened behind the b pillar. You tighten too much and you bust glass. I forget the torque value but it like 16 ft-lbs. get b-pillar cover off is incredibly difficult due to a clip. again look at rattle post and he does an exceptional job explaining how to remove. Again I wouldn't touch it....
Really appreciate the insight man! Yeah for a car to cost this much and have such an issue is a bit of a letdown. Especially as a person first coming into Porsche. Made me kind of doubt myself and my purchase. Good to know these things happen and are normal for our 991’s.

Yeah I think I will just leave it alone since so far I haven’t really experienced anything bad happen with it. Since my car has the lightweight glass i’m just gonna leave it or let the dealership work on it(in my case my dealership wanted me to replace the damn quarter glass!!)

Also I found the thread you were talking about earlier. Im posting it here incase people need some reference:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1308...l#post18241832

Last edited by QuietFiend; 04-12-2023 at 02:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear Quarter Window - loose?