Sponsored by:

DSC + GT3 lower control arms + KW HAS on 991.2 S/GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 01:00 AM
jaysc
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default DSC + GT3 lower control arms + KW HAS on 991.2 S/GTS

Hi all! I've been planning on adding the DSC controller to my car for a bit, and while the time hasn't come for that quite yet I'm about to get an alignment and so am now considering throwing on a set of GT3 lower control arms beforehand. I believe that I've read that some feel like the DSC + GT3 LCAs is a great "done" point to make this car handle significantly better without going completely overboard, but I'd love your opinions. The usage will primarily be street driving, though a lot of that is "spirited" (road rallies, club drives, weekend romps, etc.) and it will see occasional track days.

Spec:
991.2 C2S (w/ X51, so GTS power)
PDCC
SPASM
RAS
KW HAS (a bit lower than stock)
Bump steer kit (to correct lowered geo)
PS4S
Old 01-07-2021, 08:32 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

What are you trying to achieve from the GT3 LCA's?

I am lowered on TechArt springs with the DSC controller on my .2 GTS. The car handles fantastic but I dont think the springs made it handle any better. I did get a proper alignment and maxed out stock camber at -2.2 up front (once lowered)

Old 01-07-2021, 09:07 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Speaking from experience on a 997.1 - I’d only go adjustable LCAs if you want more camber than you can get out of stock suspension, or if you want to go semi solid/monoball, but that’s a pretty serious move as you’d be increasing NVH.
The following users liked this post:
LWG (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 09:37 PM
Rapter
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LWG

I am lowered on TechArt springs with the DSC controller on my .2 GTS. The car handles fantastic but I dont think the springs made it handle any better. I did get a proper alignment and maxed out stock camber at -2.2 up front (once lowered)
How are you getting -2.2 from the stock mounting points on the shock and lower control arms.

My 4s spasm can only get -1.7
Old 01-07-2021, 09:39 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapter
How are you getting -2.2 from the stock mounting points on the shock and lower control arms.

My 4s spasm can only get -1.7
Dont quote me but I believe the GTS has more freedom to dial in more camber up front. I'm also lowered.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:42 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by LWG
Dont quote me but I believe the GTS has more freedom to dial in more camber up front. I'm also lowered.
Lowered makes a big difference on the stock camber you can achieve.
LWG (01-08-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 01:27 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

You probably already seen this thread, I posted some info about my setup

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=197918

I have adjustable LCAs on my car which allowed me to get to -3deg negative or more up front. I think GT3 arms is a good choice if you want to drive the car on road trips. Mine has spherical joints and solid adjustable caster pucks, makes for a few clunks and clicks on normal bumpy roads in NorCal. The GT3 arms have adjustability via the spacers but still have some compliance for road use. One thing to bear in mind is that if you lengthen the arms your caster will be out. There are a few ways to correct, one is adjustable solid puck in the control arm or adjustable thrust arm. Based on my experience if I wanted to compromise for road use I would go GT3 arms and adjustable thrust arms (or you could always live with the caster being out if your camber wasn’t too extreme)

I hope this helps.

LWG (01-08-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 09:06 AM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 162 Posts

Why LCA's over Camber Plates?
Old 01-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
Why LCA's over Camber Plates?
I wanted to increase the track.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:09 AM
jaysc
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Just now getting back to this. Thanks for the input; apologies for the delayed response! I ended up passing on LCAs for now. Going to do the DSC controller first (it's on the way) then go back to LCAs if I'm going to spend more time on track.

Originally Posted by LWG
More camber and steering feel via monoball.

Originally Posted by nzskater
Speaking from experience on a 997.1 - I’d only go adjustable LCAs if you want more camber than you can get out of stock suspension, or if you want to go semi solid/monoball, but that’s a pretty serious move as you’d be increasing NVH.
Yep, that was my thinking.

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
You probably already seen this thread, I posted some info about my setup

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=197918

I have adjustable LCAs on my car which allowed me to get to -3deg negative or more up front. I think GT3 arms is a good choice if you want to drive the car on road trips. Mine has spherical joints and solid adjustable caster pucks, makes for a few clunks and clicks on normal bumpy roads in NorCal. The GT3 arms have adjustability via the spacers but still have some compliance for road use. One thing to bear in mind is that if you lengthen the arms your caster will be out. There are a few ways to correct, one is adjustable solid puck in the control arm or adjustable thrust arm. Based on my experience if I wanted to compromise for road use I would go GT3 arms and adjustable thrust arms (or you could always live with the caster being out if your camber wasn’t too extreme)

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the input! I'll definitely revisit this if/when I decide to make this move.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:24 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 600 Posts

I easily get -2.5 with just offset camber plates, assuming you don't care about front track width, Elephant racing or Tarret off center plates work great.

Quick Reply: DSC + GT3 lower control arms + KW HAS on 991.2 S/GTS