Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.1 GTS, options to get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 05:40 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,063 Likes on 975 Posts

Whichever .1 GTS you buy, I strongly suggest adding a combination of Sprint booster + Cobb 93 octane Tune + Cobb PDK Sequential aggressive tune.

My car is entirely transformed. I was never looking for turbo torque, so more hp/tq is not what I was after. If you think these N/A engines have amazing throttle response, wait till you get a sprint booster and mate it with improved mapping of Cobb tune.
PDK sequential tune makes the shifts GT3 like aggressive, no slip during shifts and no creep at stops.

Good luck with your search, I dont envy you because there are SO few .1 GTS cars available.

Keep us posted
Old 12-28-2020, 07:24 PM
Sal635
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

The right GTS is highly personal. I've had mine for a year now, and the only thing I wish it had was PCCB & SPASM, I've only seen one in Vancouver and it was the wrong color (for me). I ended up lowering mine with H&R springs which dropped it perfectly all around.

Here are the options I wanted:
  • AWD - I've only had 2wd sports cars and wanted to try something new
  • Color that pops, I ended up with Carmine red which is the best red IMO
  • GTS Interior package - I am in the alcantara is awesome camp
  • Premium package plus with 18 way sport seats - this takes the car up a notch
  • Glass sunroof - looks awesome against the red
Transmission is a toss up. I have PDK and love it. It is more fun than a manual because I've had a ton of manual cars. I love paddle shifting.

My favorite part about my GTS isn't the exhaust or the NA rev range, it's the intake noise. It's awesome!

Good luck with your search, these cars are hard to find and so you may need to have some wiggle room in your ideal spec.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sal635:
desmotesta (12-28-2020), Porsche911GTS'16 (12-29-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 08:08 PM
yoda888
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Welp, it looks like the CPO I had my eye on is no longer for sale due to the stop sale from Porsche.

the SA had no idea when it will be lifted. Sounds like the cars will be neutered somehow as he said it had to do with sports chrono and emissions.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:01 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,063 Likes on 975 Posts

Originally Posted by yoda888
Welp, it looks like the CPO I had my eye on is no longer for sale due to the stop sale from Porsche.

the SA had no idea when it will be lifted. Sounds like the cars will be neutered somehow as he said it had to do with sports chrono and emissions.
All that means is that they will remove SC only for people to put it back on via Cobb etc

Old 08-16-2021, 11:32 PM
Jrbreeland
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Piacenza
My thoughts as follows:
Love MT and have owned many in the past but PDK was my final choice...probably just due to versatility of use. I have a 2015 991.1 GTS - GT Silver, with a Kline Inconel full exhaust and it sounds menacing with the NA motor at higher revs, but not obnoxious, I think

Options:
+SPASM
+Moonroof
+Alcantara (car is not a daily driver, otherwise leather would be my choice)
+PDCC (I have it but not required)
+18 way adjustable Sport Seats

Of course, many more modifications lie in your future...this is how you will make it your own 1 of 1
can you post a video with valves open? Curious how Kline sounds inside with the GTS.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:08 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 593 Posts

Not a fan of Sports PASM. It already rides pretty firm in its stock form. I know it SOUNDS like a good idea, but I have a DSC controller and on California roads it's pretty rough. The DSC helped but it was minimal. I also had a 997.2 GTS and passed on SPASM. Too much.

As always, YMMV

Quick Reply: .1 GTS, options to get?