Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All-Season Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 09:07 AM
usccharles
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 83 Posts

if i didn't track my car, i would be riding all seasons. summer tires are nice but they suck when it gets cold. and no need to swap tires between seasons. all seasons all the way 👍🏼
Old 11-13-2020, 09:31 AM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 572 Likes on 289 Posts

I’m forced to use summer tires because of my mad driving skills....
Old 11-13-2020, 10:26 AM
WJGreer
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jdcolombo
FWIW - I live in central Illinois, where the temps will be below 40 most of the time from mid-December through mid-March. I just bought my 2013 Carrera S Cabrio on Saturday, when we had an unusual run of 70-degree weather. On Monday, I'm having the Bridgestone RE980AS tires put on it to replace the Michelin PS4S tires. I'm 65 years old, not planning on tracking the car, and want to be able to drive it when it's dry and sunny in the winter (assuming no salt on the roads). Don't want to mess with either mounting summer/winter tires on the factory rims, or buying a new set of rims with winter tires and switching them out (and finding a place to store the ones not being used). For me, the Bridgestone AS tires make perfect sense. Even when I do "fun" driving in the summer on the backroads (probably in the Ozark mountains in SW Missouri or up in Wisconsin lake country), I won't be pushing the Bridgestones. I had these tires on a BMW after ditching the summer run-flats, and was very happy with them. Major improvement in tread life is another benefit, as is the reasonable price. If I planned to routinely take the car to its limit, I'd use a winter/summer setup, but I won't, so that's that. And we have a BMW X5 for when the weather truly sucks, which is often in the winter here.

John C.
My profile is very similar. I wish there were a few more all-season options to choose from, but the Bridgestones look to be practical for my situation.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:00 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Lol what is this nonsense now?
He might be talking about Pirelli’s lol
Old 11-14-2020, 01:12 PM
Dgags
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 72 Posts

I don’t know if they’re still available but I put Toyo Proxes 4 Plus on a 2013 base. They were fine for the Seattle climate. I have winter and summer sets for my current C2S.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:33 AM
ddaudi
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a track day at Oregon Raceway Park in central OR in early Nov. Temps were too low (just above freezing) to trust driving on the PZeros to the track so I put on my winter wheels/tires which are Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS. They did great on track. The air temp was in mid-40s. I beat my prior best lap time achieved weeks earlier when running PZeros on a moderate temp day. I'm now wondering if I can beat my new best time with PZero or Michelin summer tires when track opens again next spring.
The following users liked this post:
koala (11-15-2020)

Quick Reply: All-Season Tires