Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie with questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020 | 08:32 AM
Markk22
Track Day

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
Our shop car is a C4S and this is our in-house dyno.

The dyno plots below show: 1. stock 2. with our ceramic coated headers and the first version of the COBB OTS Stage 1 map 3. the addition of an exhaust modification allowing for flow straight out of the stock cat bypassing the muffler. There is more torque and power to be had with the addition of sport cats and a Pro-Tune. A number of our customers have gone with an APR tune and also been very satisfied.

Those are very nice gains! I've been looking to get a APR tune done on my wife's Q7 once its out of warranty.
Old 11-10-2020 | 08:49 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Just came across our plot showing results once we added our Vektor High Flow Cats. Keep in mind, we're on a low reading mustang dyno. A GTS with similar mods will add ~50whp more, which is Turbo S power levels.

Old 11-10-2020 | 11:18 AM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by Markk22
Medakiss, I know I'll loose a lot of the low end grunt but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Unfortunately I can't take the wife and daughter (7) anywhere together and she loves speed! She is very vocal about wanting to go out for rides. lol Worst case I keep the vette and add on a lower price 911 to the garage. I really don't want to sell it since its a Carbon edition, one of only 252 made.
DON'T sell your Carbon!!! One just popped up about a month or so ago and I was so tempted! It was just a GS, but a manual. One of the last of the 250 produced.

As I'm sure you already know, you just don't really compare the 911 with the Vette. I had a C7 GS and loved many things about it. But my 991.1 GTS is more refined in every single way. If I could afford it, I'd pick up another C7 (in a manual to sidestep all the A8 problems) and have them both. Both great cars in their own rights. I feel like this is your best plan.
Keep your eyes peeled. Keep looking in the marketplace here. There are some great ones that pop up.

Good luck and have fun with your search!!
The following users liked this post:
Medakiss (11-10-2020)

Quick Reply: Newbie with questions