Sponsored by:

CPO and door panel separating

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 08:39 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by koala
PCNA denied CPO coverage for my warped door panels, just FYI.
Porsche declined coverage for my 2014 911 c4s. i have my factory Platinum Warranty that was purchased only after paying extra for the inspection by the dealer who sold me the warranty. trim not covered? i was pissed. i still am! i haven't fixed it and talk trash about Porsche Customer lack of service any chance i get.

t's simple, mostly great cars and terrible customer focus.

They asked me if i had overpaid for service for years at one of their dealers and maybe they would help a tiny bit if that was the case. huh?!? the last service i asked the dealer to quote me was a 30k service and they wanted over 3 times more than my indy for the same work and factory parts!!!!!!!!!! 3 times more !!!!!!!! are they smoking something? then i asked if they had done anything different to the door panels they would replace my defective door panel with, and the response was....no, same panel? why would i pay them $2500 per panel for the same panel that already went south?

it's a love/hate thing i have for Porsche.
Old 05-07-2023, 08:58 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bradthe; thanks. For ME right now, it's more of a hate thing. My wife just got a new 2023 Macan which she loves. That's the love part, minds the hate part. I hear ya brother.
Old 05-07-2023, 09:23 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Hawk,
Let me know if you can find a way for all of us to escalate this, I also have my wife driving a Macan, and get her a new or newer one every few years. The last time i spoke to someone at Porsche Customer Service i was asked, "What do you want me to do about it?" i was disgusted!!!! my Toyota dealer wouldn't treat me like that!

i guess what's pissed me off more than anything is the "double secret" warranty bullcrap. some they will fix, and some they won't and it's a safety issue with the door airbags!!!!! come on Porsche!
Old 05-08-2023, 07:16 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 818 Likes on 545 Posts

By Saying it obstructs your vision it becomes a safety issue and is no longer cosmetic. If not call Pedro, I did and got my cards back in 2 days.
The following users liked this post:
HabitualViolator (05-10-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 07:19 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

Great point; Yup, Pedro is my backup. Going to see how far I can run this up the PNA flagpole. Dog with a BONE!
bradthe (05-26-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 07:30 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

When I had my .1 Carrera they replaced my panel under CPO and it was not even that bad. I think a lot has to do with the stealership and what the attitude is of the service department. That being said it is mostly a cosmetic situation and many of these cars are over 10 years old.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:46 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

Don't disagree at all with your comment. My point, and I hit this with PNA, is that one pays for a six figure car, one's expectation is that it's built solid. An interior panel separating, in my option, is unacceptable and I'd think Porsche AG would want to keep their reputation intact. Maybe I'm dreaming..............
Onami (05-26-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 08:24 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

At the very least, Porsche should offer to discount the repair cost. Possibly a 50/50 split.

But, then again, that would be at odds with their primary objective of making as much profit as possible.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:26 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

pfan; I've thought about the approach also. Thx!
Old 05-13-2023, 03:43 PM
bradthe
Advanced

PFAN,
I WAS ASKED IF SOME SORT OF A DISCOUNT WOULD BE SOMETHING I WOULD CONSIDER. THEY LED ME TO BELIEVE MAYBE A COUPLE TO THREE HUNDRED OFF? SO I ASKED IF THEY DID ANYTHING TO CHANGE THE PANEL TO MAKE IT MORE DURABLE AND THE ANSWER WAS, "NO". SO MY RESPONSE WAS, " WHY WOULD I GIVE YOU $5,000 FOR THE SAME **** PANELS I ALREADY HAVE?".
MAYBE HAWK IS RIGHT AND I SHOULD JUST BITE THE BULLET AND SEND TO PEDRO AND BE DONE WITH THIS EPISODE. UGH!
Old 05-13-2023, 04:31 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

Received a second "NO" from PNA. Advised that the warranty expired on my 2014. LOL - no kidding. I've requested to elevate further with senior management in Atlanta, and also Germany. Even copied Head of Sales for Chandler Porsche in Chandler, AZ. PFAN, what a stupid response they gave you. Must have to be an idiot to work in Porsche Service Department..................
Old 05-19-2023, 05:03 PM
bradthe
Advanced

hawk,
I just tried again at a different dealer as I took the wifes Macan for a recall. Again the answer was no. They did offer to give me a 20% discount and have me pay only $4400 approximately to replace my door panels with the same defective ones. I politely declined their offer.
i really wanted to say no THANKS, I'LL BE TAKING THAT MONEY AND PUTTING IT TOWARDS TWO MERCEDES. AN AMG GTC FOR ME AND SOME SORT OF SUV FOR HER.
I just wish i could remember that guy i met who did Class Action Suits!!! Lol!!!

Let me know how your deal goes.
Old 05-19-2023, 09:35 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

BT; received a second NO from PNA. Going to try reply back to them with "Yeah, this is a potential saving issue" However, I may wait until I have my schedule service appointment with them. Also, going to follow up with the Consumer Protection Agency and see what I can find. You mentioned a class action suit. Against PNA for this issue? If so, would love to chat with that guy also! Not giving in yet. I'm with you brother, my recent thoughts have been: screw you Porsche, taking my business to Mercedes.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:28 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

Bradthe,
Had my scheduled appointment yesterday at Porsche North Scottsdale. My angle, which has been pointed out in previous threads, was a "potential safety issue. Before, I could finish my sentence, service manager told me to wait in his office. A few minutes later he can in and said that Porsche is buying out door panels on 991 and 991.2 models. He ordered two for my at no cost. The panels cost $4,000 each. He believes, and not verified, that Porsche will come out with a recall. He agrees that (1) potential safety issue, and (2) flawed engineering. Told him that when one spends over six figures for a car hopefully no flaws. No disagreement on his end. Anyway, I hope our fellow 911 brothers who read these threads will keep trying. Again, my angle was safety and the service manager admitted that Porsche is buying back interior panels on 991 and 991.2 models. Don't let dealerships tell you otherwise.
bradthe (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:48 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Originally Posted by IAHAWK5
Bradthe,
Had my scheduled appointment yesterday at Porsche North Scottsdale. My angle, which has been pointed out in previous threads, was a "potential safety issue. Before, I could finish my sentence, service manager told me to wait in his office. A few minutes later he can in and said that Porsche is buying out door panels on 991 and 991.2 models. He ordered two for my at no cost. The panels cost $4,000 each. He believes, and not verified, that Porsche will come out with a recall. He agrees that (1) potential safety issue, and (2) flawed engineering. Told him that when one spends over six figures for a car hopefully no flaws. No disagreement on his end. Anyway, I hope our fellow 911 brothers who read these threads will keep trying. Again, my angle was safety and the service manager admitted that Porsche is buying back interior panels on 991 and 991.2 models. Don't let dealerships tell you otherwise.
HAWK !!!!!

GREAT NEWS! I GOT SO JAZZED WHEN I READ THIS I SENT MY SERVICE ADVISOR A TEXT! IT'S FRIDAY SO I'M SURE I WON'T HEAR BACK UNTIL MONDAY BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY SAY NOW. MAYBE I'LL HAVE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT IN SCOTTSDALE? LOL.

THANKS FOR THE HOPE. REMINDS ME OF A LINE FORM A MPOVIE, "SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE?!"

LOL

Quick Reply: CPO and door panel separating