Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO and door panel separating

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2023 | 11:51 PM
roadrat
Pro

I'm confused by this thread
There is one post that says Porsche's owning up to the problem and replacing the panels. Is this true?
Old 06-05-2023 | 12:14 AM
Explorer16
Instructor

Originally Posted by roadrat
There is one post that says Porsche's owning up to the problem and replacing the panels. Is this true?
I believe a few owners received a replacement. This action is rather moot. The replacement parts are not a redesigned version. it will suffer from the same problem at some point.
Old 06-05-2023 | 12:59 AM
NF4710
Pro

Personally I feel it unlikely Porsche is going to invest time and energy on what they will claim is a cosmetic issue on cars that are 7-10 years old. They never even bothered to make things right with changeover valves, IMS bearings, spoiler failures, and many other design flaws. Most manufacturers never make good on issues like this one. Porsche is just a profit machine now…they view customers as suckers.

NF
Old 06-05-2023 | 01:21 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Originally Posted by roadrat
And this is my problem!!! They say one thing and then go stand in the corner and they won't look at you. This makes me soooo mad.

They take care of so many people which makes them liable to take care of all the people because the precedent has been set that they are indeed warranting this problem. So Porsche step up and move on! Replace my panels!
Old 06-05-2023 | 01:22 PM
bradthe
Advanced

And most important is that this is SAFETY RELATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2023 | 07:10 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

Bradthe; one question for you, and maybe it's a long shot: Is the Orange County dealership family owned or corporate owned? Reason I ask is that Porsche North Scottsdale is owned by The Penske Group. Roger Penske moves a lot of cars (has other dealerships also), and I found out that when he speaks - auto manufacturers listen. My guess is the last thing PNA wants to do is **** off Roger Penske. It shouldn't have to be that way; PNA and Porsche (Germany) know it's an issue and your fallback maybe getting class action attorney. Again, it shouldn't be that way. I got my 911 back yesterday with two new interior door panels. Service manager was very good; no questions asked; however, he mentioned I needed a 40K maintenance and asked for a price - around $2K. A local European auto shop that handles primanily Porsche and M. Benz quoted me around $950. So, I get the inflated numbers game they play. There is a Western Zone Manager. Let me know if you want her name, for whaterver it's worth.
Old 06-08-2023 | 07:13 PM
mtuomi
Advanced

Originally Posted by IAHAWK5
Bradthe; one question for you, and maybe it's a long shot: Is the Orange County dealership family owned or corporate owned? Reason I ask is that Porsche North Scottsdale is owned by The Penske Group. Roger Penske moves a lot of cars (has other dealerships also), and I found out that when he speaks - auto manufacturers listen. My guess is the last thing PNA wants to do is **** off Roger Penske. It shouldn't have to be that way; PNA and Porsche (Germany) know it's an issue and your fallback maybe getting class action attorney. Again, it shouldn't be that way. I got my 911 back yesterday with two new interior door panels. Service manager was very good; no questions asked; however, he mentioned I needed a 40K maintenance and asked for a price - around $2K. A local European auto shop that handles primanily Porsche and M. Benz quoted me around $950. So, I get the inflated numbers game they play. There is a Western Zone Manager. Let me know if you want her name, for whaterver it's worth.
40k service for 950 is suspiciously cheap. If you do the drive belt as you should, even an indy should be close to 2k. Its a good 8 hour job all in.
Old 06-08-2023 | 07:17 PM
roadrat
Pro

May I ask what year your 911 is? I would love to contact for anybody at PNA that can help me deal with my panel
Old 06-08-2023 | 07:18 PM
IAHAWK5
Rennlist Member

it's a 2014
Old 06-08-2023 | 07:20 PM
roadrat
Pro

it's a 2014
Great to hear. Mine is a 2013. Can you send me your contact please?
Old 06-08-2023 | 07:33 PM
bradthe
Advanced

HAWK!

Thanks for checking back in with this topic. I was about to contact you to see how it worked out. Sounds like a superb outcome for you! Congrats!

So this Roger guy is a pretty big deal, but i don't know how much influence he would have here. I'm not sure how aware of this kind of problem he would be. He's got so much higher level stuff going on, and running that little deal out in Indiana and all that! LOL! Great businessman and great for auto racing in America! He's a hero for sure. A living legend. If he had anything to do with your deal that would be great.

I am really beginning to wonder if this is a regional thing. As i call around to look for cars it seems California is the worst place to try to buy one. Car dealers here are all about raking it in while they can. I spoke to Porsche North Scottsdale which i believe is a Penske store and they were great!!! They told me what i needed to do to buy a car from them at list, and unfortunately the biggest part where i fail is that i don't live there. they say Porsche is growing concerned about PMA and they all need to sell the cars locally? Well where i live it is not possible to purchase a car for sticker or anything close. I had a local dealer tell me yesterday that i could buy a 911T for $25k up!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!? If i lived in another state i'd have a GT4 for sticker as long as i have a trade.
Regional discrimination!! LOL !!! Just cause i'm one of the cool kids in Cali they want me to pay more. LOL.

So if you could forward me the PCNA employee info that would be great! The local dealer here refused to give me contact info for any actual person to speak to. i guess failing this i go Class Action shopping.

You can PM me if you'd rather than just display a poor reps number online!

Thanks for the help and congrats to you!

Brad
Old 06-08-2023 | 07:44 PM
bradthe
Advanced

oh! as far as who owns the dealerships, the first on that said no is Autonation, the second store was McKenna who own all sorts of VW Group Dealerships. They like i said before just entered info into a system that spits out a "no" answer. They would not even give me a number to a zone rep or anyone to speak to. Abominable service. But hey, they've got a new 911 GT3 Touring on the showroom floor for MSRP PLUS $100,000 PLUS Clear Bra for an additional $8,000 on top of that so i don't think they see any end to this price gouging lack of service environment.
Old 06-12-2023 | 05:28 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Quick update! So I made an appointment for service at local Porsche Dealer, Fletcher Jones/former Circle Porsche. I checked in for the MOST EXPENSIVE OIL CHANGE I'VE EVER HAD, and calmly explained my situation about my door panels. I showed them evidence that someone from this Forum had their panels replaced on the same model year car as mine and this happened just last week!

The first question asked of me is,"Where do you get your car serviced?", and my response was that I get my car serviced by an independent shop 5 minutes from my home, not 30 minutes like you guys, unfortunately. The immediate response was, "Well, probably nothing I can do for you, but I'll let you know, and it may take a couple of days".

So I leave with my oil change that took over two hours with an appointment, and paid $557.60 for the privilege !!!! I got into my car where the seat was so cockeyed I almost pulled a muscle, as I didn't pay enough for consideration of my driving position, and pulled open my glovebox and pulled out a receipt from my last oil service which clocked in at....wait for it.... the princely sum of $230.00 !!

So, why would I do my service at the dealer? Come on Porsche! You guys don't even try.

Old 06-12-2023 | 05:33 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

I did the same thing with my first oil change back in 2018. Paid $349 CAD at the time (I'm sure it's a lot more now) for the dealer to do the oil change with hopes that I'd at least get them to take some of my CPO concerns seriously. They denied door panels and my driver-side tail light delaminating. Both are certainly safety concerns. I probably could have pressed for all 3 items to be looked after when they replaced my defective manual transmission for safety concerns, but I just got tired of dealing with them.

Doing my own service, where possible, is really where it's at. $100 CAD for an oil change at home, and I get it done in less time than it would take me to drive to my preferred indy or the dealer.

Now, I just check ebay once in a while to see if I can luck out finding full-leather door cards.
Old 06-12-2023 | 05:36 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Originally Posted by koala
I did the same thing with my first oil change back in 2018. Paid $349 CAD at the time (I'm sure it's a lot more now) for the dealer to do the oil change with hopes that I'd at least get them to take some of my CPO concerns seriously. They denied door panels and my driver-side tail light delaminating. Both are certainly safety concerns. I probably could have pressed for all 3 items to be looked after when they replaced my defective manual transmission for safety concerns, but I just got tired of dealing with them.

Doing my own service, where possible, is really where it's at. $100 CAD for an oil change at home, and I get it done in less time than it would take me to drive to my preferred indy or the dealer.

Now, I just check ebay once in a while to see if I can luck out finding full-leather door cards.

there's the million dollar fix for cheap! now you've got competition on eBay! lol. that's a great idea!

Quick Reply: CPO and door panel separating