Sponsored by:

NEW Numeric Racing Performance Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 07:24 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ONCE

Got my set this morning they are very well made and fit perfectly great addition to the car and can be reversed to stock if desired very happy with the purchase.
What floor mats are those? Weathertech?
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:49 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I was a little concerned about the gas pedal install but that went fairly smoothly. I did remove it from the car which made it much easier for me. This thread was very helpful reading about guys that had to persuade the new gas pedal to seat properly. Mine went right in to about halfway and then I couldn't push it any farther with my hands. I put it on the bench and gently tapped it with a rubber mallet, increasing the force only enough to get it to move to flush. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to hammer it without reading about it here. It was a little hard reinstalling the T30 screw as my T30 screwdriver was longer than the distance from the floor to the new (wider) pedal but luckily I had a T30 socket in the drawer that I bought on impulse one day at Home Depot years ago and almost forgot about, never having used it. That and the dead pedal went surprisingly well.

The brake and clutch pedals made for a very unpleasant few hours before I gave up. Neither would line up properly on my pedals. The brake pedal did slip on with the top screws in (almost the whole way out) but it was impossible for me to get the clutch pedal on without removing all screws. Neither one would line up close enough to get the bottom screws to seat on either pedal. After two hours of trying, I gave up and reinstalled the OEM covers.

I'lll let the dealer take a shot when it's in next, probably for the DSC module install after following that thread. I doubt I'm agile enough to get to the back of my cab and also apply enough force to remove OEM (without breaking something). I assume I'm doing something wrong here but will follow up with Numeric if the tech at the dealer has trouble (which somehow I doubt).

One other thing - my kit was missing the T20 tool shown in the video. FYI.

Old 12-12-2020, 02:33 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
So initial impressions after going for a drive with the new pedals.

I really love how the shape of pedals aid in heel and toe.
The throttle is noticeably smoother and nicer to modulate through the corners.
Cosmetically they look great
Very high build quality

Overall I like the improvement, and would do it again.

If you are on a budget and wanting to improve the human to manual car interface, I would go in this order IMO based on improvements over stock. - obviously super subjective.

1.) Numeric Racing Shifter
2.)Shifter Cables
3.) if you are 991.1, steering wheel update from the 991.2 GT3/GT4/smaller sized wheel
4.) Pedals.

To me the pedals are the icing on the cake in terms of looks and pedal feel as the improvements are more nuanced for me when compared to the connection improvements with their shifter and cables, which are very night and day IMO.

I couldn't be happier with the total human to car interface provided by the numeric racing products.

How much smaller are 991.2 GT3/GT4 steering wheels?
Old 12-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Gave it one more try. Still tough to get the clutch pedal pieces on.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 990 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Gave it one more try. Still tough to get the clutch pedal pieces on.

yah many times, you just need to take time away to shed some of the frustration. I was going to ask where you are located as I would be happy to help you, it wasn't that tough you just really need to get the clutch and brake pedals aligned before cranking down the screws. I hit some frustration as well, but with some patience both pedals eventually fit as they should.
The following users liked this post:
Numeric Racing (04-20-2021)
Old 12-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malahhaor
How much smaller are 991.2 GT3/GT4 steering wheels?
I want to say 30-40mm but not exactly sure, but is very noticeable.
The following users liked this post:
AdamSanta85 (03-31-2021)
Old 12-12-2020, 10:31 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

I want to say 30-40mm but not exactly sure, but is very noticeable.
Thanks much! Placed on wish list

Old 12-13-2020, 07:18 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

yah many times, you just need to take time away to shed some of the frustration. I was going to ask where you are located as I would be happy to help you, it wasn't that tough you just really need to get the clutch and brake pedals aligned before cranking down the screws. I hit some frustration as well, but with some patience both pedals eventually fit as they should.
Thanks for the kind offer but I''m in Ohio (no front plate state now!).
I was worried about the gas pedal as I figured if I screwed that up I might not be able to drive the car. DIdn't expect 99% of the frustration to come from the clutch/brake pedals. But yes, I took the rest of that day off and came back in the morning. Better. Still went nothing like the video, believe me
Old 12-13-2020, 02:54 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
Thanks for the kind offer but I''m in Ohio (no front plate state now!).
I was worried about the gas pedal as I figured if I screwed that up I might not be able to drive the car. DIdn't expect 99% of the frustration to come from the clutch/brake pedals. But yes, I took the rest of that day off and came back in the morning. Better. Still went nothing like the video, believe me
Yah I would bet the car in the video had pedals installed multiple times, also the people making the videos probably have done tons of test fittings. But yah the brake pedal took me the longest.

Old 12-13-2020, 06:44 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,148 Likes on 687 Posts

I think it really depends on how big or small you are and how flexible you are. The real issue is the small space you have to work in and the inability to see what you are doing.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 221 Likes on 136 Posts

Drop your pictures in here if you have them installed!

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Old 02-02-2021, 12:36 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I think it really depends on how big or small you are and how flexible you are. The real issue is the small space you have to work in and the inability to see what you are doing.
Yes, but still much easier and quicker than bringing out the drill! Takes a little patience to keep locating the screws behind, but using some of the techniques mentioned in the video may help a lot. Like using a T15 to start them (as long as you don't try tightening them with this tool). And also to use two fingers to guide the tool between the two fingers with your other hand.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:32 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
And also to use two fingers to guide the tool between the two fingers with your other hand.
This ended up working for me. I was able to rig a mirror behind the pedals some, but couldn't quite get it adjusted enough to see the holes as I brought my hand forward to the back of the pedal. After many tries, the method above worked.
Not being tiny, flexible or coordinated, I was aching all over and somehow managed to bloody both elbows through a work shirt.
But, they haven't fallen off (the pedals or my elbows)!
Old 03-15-2021, 11:12 AM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Old 03-31-2021, 02:08 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A few custom sets we did for some customers! One just wanted his nickname etched into the pedals and the other went full red cerakote! They turned out awesome

Quick Reply: NEW Numeric Racing Performance Pedals