Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change at Dealership, felt ripped off!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 12:10 AM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

It’s a total up charge. But it’s a Porsche. Anything Porsche gets upcharged. Find a good former Porsche mechanic who has opened his/her own shop. They’re still going to be expensive compared to Honda but you’ll save 30% - 40%.

Changing oil is a dirty job. I’ll change my rotors, brakes, filters, put on headers, exhaust,
etc. I won’t do oil changes - so for me it’s worth paying an Indy.

You ever see those fancy self-serve coffee makers and fresh pastries and cookies (not the cheap ****). Yeah - I see that and right then I know - they’re not going to place nice on pricing. But the coffee and the pastries are good.

Last edited by jimwood; 09-16-2020 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:55 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 197 Posts

I would call and ask why they charged more for oil change than the going rate. It wouldn’t hurt to ask.
I’m not a fan of stealerships. Too many think that their car gets a special treatment from the dealer shop. Every stealership has more layman “technicians” than certified master mechanics. Guess which one normally perform routine maintenance? Though we think our P-cars are special, it’s just a car at the end of the day. Changing out the oil and filter on a 911 is as trivial as it gets. I get it, some people are not DIYers. Perhaps check out a good Indy shop the next time.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:09 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts

Welcome to Porsche. Yes you got ripped off, but you get ripped off at most of the high end/sport dealerships. Next time take to an indy or learn to do it yourself.

Quick Reply: Oil change at Dealership, felt ripped off!!