Sponsored by:

Ventilated seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 01:54 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
They work great on long trips. In the winter turn them on with the heating... It's amazing.
Fascinating thread. Do Porsche ventilated seats pull or push air? Just wondering how they would help when heat is activated as well
Old 08-21-2021, 02:04 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
Fascinating thread. Do Porsche ventilated seats pull or push air? Just wondering how they would help when heat is activated as well
P-car ventilated seats suck air from above the seat and disperse it from below the seat. They work quite effectively.
Old 08-21-2021, 02:43 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Ordered ventilated seats in one car, and skipped them in the next. They definitely work, and I can see where they might be a must for some individuals and/or regions, but their cooling effect comes at a cost: less padding and—for me, anyway—sore spots on long drives that didn't crop up in Porsches on either side with the same 4WSS+ seats. A Porsche engineer confirmed that seats with more motors or ventilation have less padding, ergo…
Now that this thread has been resurrected, I just saw this info. Has this been confirmed?

I have the 14-way sport seats with ventilation and for whatever reason (I'm not a huge guy but not narrow by any means), my back does not fit in between the backrest side bolsters; they just dig into me. Is this because the center section has less padding and therefore not enough material to support the middle of my back?

I ask because I'm considering sourcing a set of 18-way ventilated seats for a swap but will they have the same issue? It's literally the only thing I don't like about my car. Which is a shame because the seats are in perfect condition after 44k miles.

Last edited by noahabel; 08-21-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 02:52 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by noahabel
Now that this thread has been resurrected, I just saw this info. Has this been confirmed?

I have the 14-way sport seats with ventilation and for whatever reason (I'm not a huge guy but not narrow by any means), my back does not fit in between the backrest side bolsters; they just dig into me. Is this because the center section has less padding and therefore not enough material to support the middle of my back?

I ask because I'm considering sourcing a set of 18-way ventilated seats for a swap but will they have the same issue? It's literally the only thing I don't like about my car. Which is a shame because the seats are in perfect condition after 44k miles.
As every body type is different your best bet would be to visit a Porsche dealer and try them out.
The following users liked this post:
noahabel (08-23-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 11:07 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

My wife really liked the 18 way sport seats while I wanted the lighter more basic sport seats. I lost. Seat ventilation was a no charge feature when you upgraded the lights. ?? ok...
On a long drive for work, my wife joined me and she likes the heat; so the air conditioning stays off or minimal. I thought I would be a hero this time and not complain by driving with just the seat ventilation on. Fourteen hours each way. Dumb idea. It just about crippled me!! I have done the same drive numerous times with the air conditioning on without issues.
Cold air on your back for 14 hours straight is something they should warn against in the manual! What was I thinking?

Porsche and seat ventilation? Odd thread but I found it strangely magnetic...

Old 08-23-2021, 03:48 AM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I have 14 way ventilated seat, love them, tried the 18 way, not for me, try them both, but the ventilation works.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:25 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
My wife really liked the 18 way sport seats while I wanted the lighter more basic sport seats. I lost. Seat ventilation was a no charge feature when you upgraded the lights. ?? ok...
On a long drive for work, my wife joined me and she likes the heat; so the air conditioning stays off or minimal. I thought I would be a hero this time and not complain by driving with just the seat ventilation on. Fourteen hours each way. Dumb idea. It just about crippled me!! I have done the same drive numerous times with the air conditioning on without issues.
Cold air on your back for 14 hours straight is something they should warn against in the manual! What was I thinking?

Porsche and seat ventilation? Odd thread but I found it strangely magnetic...
Strange that you had cold air on your back. The seat fans fans suck in cabin air and blow it out at floor level. If the cabin air is warm (eg the AC is off) it is warm air you feel, possibly evaporating sweat as it passes through the seat perforations.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:44 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
As every body type is different your best bet would be to visit a Porsche dealer and try them out.
I did just that. Sat in a GTS with alcantara 4-way sport seats plus and in a Turbo with heated/ventilated 18-way seats. The Turbo seats were definitely firmer, but that could be related to the material as well. I definitely prefer the feel of the GTS seats, but I want memory function, lumbar and ventilation so it's gotta be leather for me.

The Turbo seats weren't as wide in the backrest as I'd prefer but I definitely fit better than I do in my 14-way seats.

Does anyone know if the natural leather seats are any softer/pliable, even with ventilation?

Quick Reply: Ventilated seats