Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOUL Sport Cats Install at Sewickley Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020 | 12:45 PM
GT3FZS
Rennlist Member

Default SOUL Sport Cats Install at Sewickley Porsche

I had the SOUL Performance Sport Cats installed on my 2019 911T yesterday at Sewickley Porsche (Pittsburgh metro area) and the experience was 100% positive!
First, let me say the previous reviews of the Soul Cats were accurate regarding sound, throttle response, reduce lag/spool time.
Second, no surprise, the Soul product is very high quality, it almost a shame to hide them under the car!

The sound level is fantastic outside the car; with PSE valves closed idle is still throaty, but nor disturbing. With valves open, exhaust tone is what you expect, and turbo whistle is noticeable, but not objectionable.
While driving, cabin sound is increased of course, but exactly what I was hoping for. Crackles/pops in Sport mode are more noticeable, and to me just right. Highway steady state (75-80 mph) is stock quiet with valves closed, but (to me) not too loud to leave valves open full time.

Finally, I have to complement Sewickley Porsche for a very professional service experience, fully aware of social distance requirements, but also allowing interaction with the Service team.
Duane Smith, Service Manager, and Greg Hanson, Service Advisor were both exceptional, delivering the experience we hope for when getting our Porsches serviced. The Service Technician, Dallas (an IMSA Porsche Professional pit crew team member in his spare time), completed the install in less than the estimated time, and also resolved a tire issue that had not been dealt with by the Florida dealer who sold me the car in November.
All in all, a very positive experience.....now on to a tune!
The following 5 users liked this post by GT3FZS:
damien996 (05-26-2020), LWG (05-21-2020), r00t61 (05-24-2020), Soul Performance (05-20-2020), Yojeffo (05-25-2020)
Old 05-20-2020 | 02:24 PM
slumdog
Banned

Originally Posted by GT3FZS
I had the SOUL Performance Sport Cats installed on my 2019 911T yesterday at Sewickley Porsche (Pittsburgh metro area) and the experience was 100% positive!
First, let me say the previous reviews of the Soul Cats were accurate regarding sound, throttle response, reduce lag/spool time.
Second, no surprise, the Soul product is very high quality, it almost a shame to hide them under the car!

The sound level is fantastic outside the car; with PSE valves closed idle is still throaty, but nor disturbing. With valves open, exhaust tone is what you expect, and turbo whistle is noticeable, but not objectionable.
While driving, cabin sound is increased of course, but exactly what I was hoping for. Crackles/pops in Sport mode are more noticeable, and to me just right. Highway steady state (75-80 mph) is stock quiet with valves closed, but (to me) not too loud to leave valves open full time.

Finally, I have to complement Sewickley Porsche for a very professional service experience, fully aware of social distance requirements, but also allowing interaction with the Service team.
Duane Smith, Service Manager, and Greg Hanson, Service Advisor were both exceptional, delivering the experience we hope for when getting our Porsches serviced. The Service Technician, Dallas (an IMSA Porsche Professional pit crew team member in his spare time), completed the install in less than the estimated time, and also resolved a tire issue that had not been dealt with by the Florida dealer who sold me the car in November.
All in all, a very positive experience.....now on to a tune!

That is nice to know! I know the guys at Sewickly, small family owned but very nice dealership so you get personalized attention!

How many hours did it take them to install the exhaust? What was the damage like? And the warranty is still intact, correct? Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Bryan Simmons (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020 | 08:38 PM
GT3FZS
Rennlist Member

Install time for the Sport Cats was around three hours, no bumper removal.
I did not ask specifically about Warranty, but since the Sewickley Service Manager ordered them from Soul, and did the install with no issues (or exclusions on the Repair Order) I think (hope) there will be no issues. I am saying, warranty still in tact!
Old 05-24-2020 | 06:38 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Default Nice report!

Congrats brother Frank! Great outcome; can’t wait to drive it!😀. When is the tune coming?

Might be worth sharing your tire issue, yours can’t be the only experience like that.

Enjoy the ride, hope we catch up soon!
GT3FZS (05-24-2020)
Old 05-26-2020 | 10:42 AM
GT3FZS
Rennlist Member

Thanks brother Steve.
Here is the sound clip I recorded yesterday of the Soul Cat exhaust in all three modes.....love the way the car "wakes up" in Sport and Sport Plus!

The following 3 users liked this post by GT3FZS:
Jeahbladejeah (05-26-2020), SFZ GT3 (05-26-2020), T3X4S (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020 | 11:02 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Congrats!

Sewickley Porsche and specifically Duane Smith and his entire team are the BEST! Been going there for years and Duane has never steered me wrong. I trust his advice. We are lucky to have one of the “good guy dealers” here.

How did you decide to use Sewickley? Are you really located in Western MD?
Old 05-26-2020 | 11:31 AM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Awesome! Perfect growl, bark, and whistle!!!
Old 05-26-2020 | 12:38 PM
GT3FZS
Rennlist Member

Yes, I really live in Western MD, Oakland/Mountain Lake Park! Had the T out yesterday enjoying country twisties now that most of the tourists have departed!
I have been a Sewickley customer both Porsche and Audi for the past 15 years, and we really are fortunate to have a guy like Duane to work with.
Are you a member of the local PCA Region, I am still associated with Potomac Region but don't get to many events in DC Metro area.
Old 05-26-2020 | 03:00 PM
keithgreer
Racer

I am surprised that a Porsche dealership will install non-OEM parts. Do most dealerships do this?
Old 05-26-2020 | 03:18 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

There's some dealerships that even sell non-OEM parts It's dependent on the dealership, though would probably gander that most dealerships don't do this.

Originally Posted by keithgreer
I am surprised that a Porsche dealership will install non-OEM parts. Do most dealerships do this?
Old 05-26-2020 | 05:02 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3FZS
Yes, I really live in Western MD, Oakland/Mountain Lake Park! Had the T out yesterday enjoying country twisties now that most of the tourists have departed!
I have been a Sewickley customer both Porsche and Audi for the past 15 years, and we really are fortunate to have a guy like Duane to work with.
Are you a member of the local PCA Region, I am still associated with Potomac Region but don't get to many events in DC Metro area.
Yes - I'm a member of Allegheny Region (ARPCA). We have a great bunch of people and a fairly active membership in terms of track, and also social.
I agree we are very lucky to have Duane as head of service. It simply doesn't get better. Every bit of advice he has provided on any of our Porsches has been spot-on, including some after market mods when there was something we wanted to achieve. He is very knowledgeable and also ethical. I've never once felt like he was pushing something to make a commission or achieve a service goal. He has also given his opinion when asked about a variety of topics and he's always been honest and open. He's been a reliable source of info, and advice, and is also a very nice person.
GT3FZS (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020 | 05:15 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keithgreer
My local dealership denied my catalytic converter warranty because I had an aftermarket muffler/cat-back installed, $3250 repair estimate. They are a horrible dealership.

Glad to hear there are some good ones out there like the one OP speaks of.
GT3FZS (05-26-2020)
Old 05-27-2020 | 08:08 AM
rubycaymanr
Rennlist Member

How much did they charge you?

Quick Reply: SOUL Sport Cats Install at Sewickley Porsche