Race Car

Received 707 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan

That's awesome!

Old 05-20-2020, 01:14 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 206 Posts

I see quite of few Teslas wanting to drag race as well. Tesla model S in ludicrous mode will win a 0-60 (2.4 seconds) and perhaps a 1/4 mile run every time. Beyond that, it's a very nice golf cart with iPads. Teslas are a dime in a dozen around here, kind of like Camrys and neither of them excite me. To each his own. Whether they are in a fart can rice rocket/truck or a Tesla, everyone has the right to enjoy their ride if they can do so without jeopardizing other people's lives. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
We're all in different stages of life. As I get older, I'm enjoying more of how my car feels, sounds, and performs to my satisfaction. I think I have my 911 dialed in just right...until my next itch. I've gone through the juvenile delinquent stage of life and through the grace of God, I've survived those years. We've all owned various cars and I have to say, this 911 still brings a huge smile every time I strap in. We are truly blessed.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 05-20-2020 at 01:50 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by luv2sleep:
dflowerz (05-20-2020), ducktails (05-20-2020), Rich_Jenkins (05-21-2020), Trapperj (05-20-2020), _BK (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 01:31 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
One summer evening when I was in high school, a candy red '67 Mustang pulled into a gas station. I gotta say, it was a nicely restored eye candy for sure. In the passenger seat was what appeared to be his trophy Barbie girl friend. Everyone was staring at this Mustang and of course, his trophy. It was pretty obvious this dude was soaking it all in. As he was leaving the gas station, he does a burn out and shortly thereafter, the entire rear axle separated from the car. It was like a seen in a movie. My buddies and I fell to the ground in uncontrollable laughter and almost pissed in my pants. I'll never forget.
20+ some years ago when I was young and stupid, I was in a 1996 C280 Sport pkg living in San Luis Obispo late at night, One of those old muscle cars pulled up (old guy in his 50s) on the freeway, he looked at me and pointed for a go (for money).....

All i can say is the older muscle cars are quick from 70-100, but then they cant go anything past about 120 LOL. Maybe things are diff nowadays with more transmissions choice available
Old 05-20-2020, 01:58 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I had my little fun when I was young, and sure yes got dusted in my hopped up RX7 by cars like a supped up shelby cobra 427, raced out stang.. .but also had my wins that added notches to my belt as a youngster lmao. But yes that was when I was young and understand the kids now a days as we were all young once.
The following users liked this post:
dflowerz (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 02:05 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

We all have memories of days that we didn't die. One of mine was in high school as a passenger in a friend's hopped up Camaro. We were driving up and down the local drag when we got in a stoplight race with another car and ended up blowing through a red light at about 120mph. Nothing happened and I am still here, but I never rode in that car again.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:12 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Just don't get pulled up on by this guy when his car actually gets traction lol
Old 05-20-2020, 07:20 PM
Trapperj
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

The worst part of all this here in East TN , is the kids who talk daddy/mommy into a diesel truck. All the big 3 now are approaching 1000# of torque. A piggy back or flash /exhaust etc and the 7k# truck is awfully fast. Problem is it takes 40 acres to turn one and more than that to stop it. The old Dodge & Fords you could smell, hear and feel them coming. The newer models hardly smoke or smell unless/until Jr crashes and 🥵 burns...
Old 05-20-2020, 10:41 PM
kush70
AutoX

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
Those are the **** I would love to take shots at plinking their POS hood cars.
Yes, shooting at people is a completely reasonable response. It's also completely un-ironic to talk about shooting at someone with a "POS hood car". You sound like you'd be fun at parties.
Gary JR (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 07:57 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by kush70
Yes, shooting at people is a completely reasonable response. It's also completely un-ironic to talk about shooting at someone with a "POS hood car". You sound like you'd be fun at parties.
he doesn't mean shooting people...
Old 05-21-2020, 10:23 PM
kush70
AutoX

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
he doesn't mean shooting people...
OP: "Those are the **** I would love to take shots at plinking their POS hood cars."

Who or what, exactly, is he shooting at? Is he an expert shot shooting at their tires? Is shooting at a "car" rather than "the people in it" ok? I'd rather hear from OP than some random, but thanks for your opinion.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:39 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
OK, Bobbie, if you say so. Be careful out there.
You really think I would make this up!? Why don't you troll someone else for a while, a-hole.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:43 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
I deal with it all the time ....Usually some kid still wet behind the ears in a lowered Honda Civic with one of those big silly exhaust canisters sticking out the back of the car. I don't know why they think they sound good ?? I don't even have to look when I am driving I just hear that funny sound of a thousand bee's chasing my car and a second later a lowered pee shooter fly's by >>> The latest around here now are hillbillies in pick up's who think they have something special with those silly exhausts .... I don't care how nice your pick up is a pick up is and will always be just a work truck nothing more ....There I said it !!
Originally Posted by Trapperj
The worst part of all this here in East TN , is the kids who talk daddy/mommy into a diesel truck. All the big 3 now are approaching 1000# of torque. A piggy back or flash /exhaust etc and the 7k# truck is awfully fast. Problem is it takes 40 acres to turn one and more than that to stop it. The old Dodge & Fords you could smell, hear and feel them coming. The newer models hardly smoke or smell unless/until Jr crashes and 🥵 burns...

Okay Folks... lol

There's LOT'S of judging, assuming, speculating, and hypocrisy going on in here. I think anyone in here saying they've never done something so called "Illegal or Dangerous" in a car before is lying... We've ALL done / do that or we would NOT own Porsches.

I've owned a bunch of cars / trucks / motorcycle (many fast) and have certainly used them like that on the street. YES, is everything we're describing technically Illegal, Yes!! But can people use a bit of power (especially in a straight line) safely?? YES.

Racing is illegal also, but most "street races" if done in the right spots are certainly WAY LESS dangerous that your common idiot texting , putting on makeup, eating, playing with their pet or kids, While Behind the wheel!!!! Ask me how I know... I've worked WAY more accidents with injuries / deaths from careless driving , DUI, or Sleepy driving than I ever have for "Racing". 14+ years.

Also, OP...Don't under estimate ANY car out there these days, NOR judge the car said person is driving. I LOVE a Sleeper more than just about anyone. Hence my last toy being a 2006 Quad Cab 4x4 RAM Diesel that made 1050 WHP and 1700 WTQ and Ran 10.70 @ 130 MPH in the 1/4 while weighing 7100 lbs. making 75 bls. of Boost!!!! Vids below. It was Actually quicker / faster than my tuned Turbo S!!!!

Like the poster above somewhere, I've ridden sport bikes and done track days (Barbar, Road Atlanta, Jennings GP, Little Tally, etc). most of my adult life and certainly did stuff on them I shouldn't have on the street. But typically the only person that suffers from an accident, is the guy / gall on the bike..not people in cars. It takes LOTS of power in a car to equal or outrun most sport bikes these days, so like he said, most of the cars can't compare.

We're all enthusiast here and yes there are some annoying idiots out there, but most are just other enthusiast that want to see a nice / fast / expensive / dream car for fast and that's why the bait you. They just may not be able to afford one yet. I try not to judge.
I was like one of you up in the comments also. I LIVED to see an exotic when I was young. Hell, in ref. to the movie VACATION and the Ferrari scene. I'm 48 and I STILL to the DAY watch that movie just to see that beautiful Ferrari 308 (bucket list car for me still).

Anyway, I digress...

Last thought also....I'm a Drag Racer at heart and have been since I was young. But the pics above about "FAST CAR vs. FAST DRIVER". Another thing you don't want to judge or assume. Just because I love going fast from the dig, doesn't mean I can keep up or spank that A$$ in the curves / track too....Many people like me can do both....As can many of you too I'm sure.

A few vids below showing just how SLOW my Diesel was...lol. In all seriousness..Mine was damn fast but was SLOW by comparison to Many other modded Diesels out there. So be careful which ones you pick on... You might get your feelings hurt...lol

david (05-22-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 11:50 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I see quite of few Teslas wanting to drag race as well. Tesla model S in ludicrous mode will win a 0-60 (2.4 seconds) and perhaps a 1/4 mile run every time. Beyond that, it's a very nice golf cart with iPads. Teslas are a dime in a dozen around here, kind of like Camrys and neither of them excite me. To each his own. Whether they are in a fart can rice rocket/truck or a Tesla, everyone has the right to enjoy their ride if they can do so without jeopardizing other people's lives. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
We're all in different stages of life. As I get older, I'm enjoying more of how my car feels, sounds, and performs to my satisfaction. I think I have my 911 dialed in just right...until my next itch. I've gone through the juvenile delinquent stage of life and through the grace of God, I've survived those years. We've all owned various cars and I have to say, this 911 still brings a huge smile every time I strap in. We are truly blessed.
must be a socal thing.. in norcal every tesla driver is like an asian mom or indian dad cruising at speed limit
Old 05-22-2020, 11:06 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
You really think I would make this up!? Why don't you troll someone else for a while, a-hole.
Wow, this thread has taken a turn for the worse...

DaveGee
Old 05-22-2020, 11:41 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Wow, this thread has taken a turn for the worse...

DaveGee
And started by the same person that cannot keep their negative comments to himself. Humor is one thing but continual badgering is another. Anyway, back on topic...

Quick Reply: Wanna roll?