991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanna roll?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020 | 01:42 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

That's daily or every weekend here in the bay area..... you have fools who do street or freeway takeovers just to do sideshows in the freeways or bridges while blocking the rest of traffic from moving. Happens a lot in Oakland, Hayward and neighboring cities here. With all the news about it, you have copy cats doing that in other states now. Those are the **** I would love to take shots at plinking their POS hood cars.
Old 05-19-2020 | 02:29 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
That's daily or every weekend here in the bay area..... you have fools who do street or freeway takeovers just to do sideshows in the freeways or bridges while blocking the rest of traffic from moving. Happens a lot in Oakland, Hayward and neighboring cities here. With all the news about it, you have copy cats doing that in other states now. Those are the **** I would love to take shots at plinking their POS hood cars.
Yeah but you have to worry about the guys that swap in a Gallow 24 in your area.
Old 05-19-2020 | 02:54 PM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

I had the pleasure to drive a APR tuned Golf R. No one have a chance to win a race against that Golf unless you drive a 500 HP+ plus car. It was bonkers!
Old 05-19-2020 | 03:00 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

One of my all time fav cars that I owned was a Tornado Red MK7 GTI that had a Eurodyne ECU/TCU tune, cats, lowered, with light weight wheels... I used it as my daily driver to commute from the East Bay to downtown SF a few years back... such a fun car, and it could easily do the SF to Walnut Creek drive in 45 min to an hr in rush hour traffic...

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991
I had the pleasure to drive a APR tuned Golf R. No one have a chance to win a race against that Golf unless you drive a 500 HP+ plus car. It was bonkers!
The following users liked this post:
Guards_Red_991 (05-20-2020)
Old 05-19-2020 | 03:19 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991

500 hp used to be a lot.... Sadly; nowadays, its pretty much anything with factory boost and a tune.
The following 3 users liked this post by garfunkle:
Guards_Red_991 (05-20-2020), polobai (05-19-2020), Trapperj (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020 | 03:30 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Other than the left lane hoggers here in California, another thing that bugs me to no end is that when you try to merge onto the freeway in rush hour, the left lane driver seems to be on autopilot. It will not slow down nor speed up to give you room and more likely they like to stick around beside your blind spot. Seems to me the herd mentality still resides in their genes.
Old 05-19-2020 | 03:32 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Yeah but you have to worry about the guys that swap in a Gallow 24 in your area.
Didn't realize pizza places made motors.... lol

Old 05-19-2020 | 03:43 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
Since time immemorial. Or, at least, the dawn of horsepower.

Years ago, I was sitting at a red light in a Ferrari F50. On Hoosiers. A kid rolls up to the light in the right lane, and starts revving his engine at us. My friend in the passenger seat looks over, and the kid says "Wanna race?" Alex says, "Dude. You're in a Probe." Light turns green, and I motor off normally (whatever that meant in an F50) while the kid lights 'em up. Sort of…

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
Other than the left lane hoggers here in California, another thing that bugs me to no end is that when you try to merge onto the freeway in rush hour, the left lane driver seems to be on autopilot. It will not slow down nor speed up to give you room and more likely they like to stick around beside your blind spot. Seems to me the herd mentality still resides in their genes.
^ Agree. Bay Area left-lane bandits are the worst, particularly when you realize just how far they backed things up behind them and how empty (and calm) the freeway is ahead of them.

And then there are our Prius and Harley back-road plugs...the hardest things to get past safely for polar opposite reasons.
Old 05-19-2020 | 03:46 PM
spraguedawley
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
One time, I was on vacation with the wife, kids, MIL, and family dog. This hot blonde rolls up to me in a bright red Ferrari, and asked me to roll. I declined since we were in the Wagon Queen Family Truckster.
I do believe Clark got that family truckster up to 85 mph racing the ferrari before his wife yelled at him!
Old 05-19-2020 | 04:09 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

25+ years ago, when I was poor, young and stupid (but still loved cars), the highlight of my day was when I could find a much nicer and faster car to run with me.. and by run I mean just see it leave me in the dust

of course there were no video reviews, I used to read car magazines front to back, over and over.. and seeing a nice car leave me in the dust was the only way to see said car in real action.

guess things havnt changed.. doubt any of these young kids are trying to offend you by presuming their car is any match for yours.. they just want to see your car go.. thats all

may be I am wrong
The following 5 users liked this post by desmotesta:
4pipes (05-22-2020), Big Swole (05-21-2020), LargePuppy (05-19-2020), MarbleNY (05-20-2020), polobai (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020 | 04:13 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Another annoying freeway encounter has nothing to do with motorists, but the motorcycle lane splitters. You'll never see those buggers if they come screaming past you while you try to make a lane change. Yes, its legal for lane splitting,. Just as you are allowed to make a right turn on a red light IF ALL IS CLEAR AND SAFE to do so. but somehow for lane splitting it becomes their right even though they are at fault for putting themselves in such a situation.
Old 05-19-2020 | 04:29 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
Another annoying freeway encounter has nothing to do with motorists, but the motorcycle lane splitters. You'll never see those buggers if they come screaming past you while you try to make a lane change. Yes, its legal for lane splitting,. Just as you are allowed to make a right turn on a red light IF ALL IS CLEAR AND SAFE to do so. but somehow for lane splitting it becomes their right even though they are at fault for putting themselves in such a situation.
It's not legal if it isn't done safely. The ticketing for it is entirely discretionary though so not many tickets get written for it.

I rode (and raced) MCs for years in SoCal and amongst my groups of friends and racers, we always had a rule where we wouldn't be traveling more than 15 mph faster than the people with whom we are sharing lanes. There's no value in scaring motorists by screaming past them, but there is a ton of value in lane splitting safely from safety to cooling to just general traffic improvement.
Old 05-19-2020 | 05:17 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by desmotesta
25+ years ago, when I was poor, young and stupid (but still loved cars), the highlight of my day was when I could find a much nicer and faster car to run with me.. and by run I mean just see it leave me in the dust

of course there were no video reviews, I used to read car magazines front to back, over and over.. and seeing a nice car leave me in the dust was the only way to see said car in real action.

guess things havnt changed.. doubt any of these young kids are trying to offend you by presuming their car is any match for yours.. they just want to see your car go.. thats all

may be I am wrong
Oh, definitely get that. I'm never offended when another enthusiast tries to get me going...I recognize it's usually in fun. But I always feel like the smart move is to not be encouraged by them and to think about what I'm modeling back. Plus, I'd rather not get the ticket—or worse…
Old 05-19-2020 | 05:52 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by spraguedawley
I do believe Clark got that family truckster up to 85 mph racing the ferrari before his wife yelled at him!

................"no, no, no.........how could I like a girl like that............she's ugly"...........
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (05-21-2020)
Old 05-19-2020 | 05:56 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

One of the things I will miss from this pandemic when it's done with and life goes back to somewhat normal.....
  • NO traffic congestion in the bay area
  • NO Idiot self-policing left lane bandits
  • LESS uber and lift drivers clogging up bay area roads
  • LESS idiotic drivers whom you wonder how they got licenses in the first place driving the roads
  • LESS 90-year-olds driving on the road at 45 or less in the freeway making themselves a potential hazard to drivers driving at general highway speeds
  • LESS big rigs tearing up the already crappy bay area freeways
  • LESS clowns and hoods driving stupidly without regard to other peoples safety in the roads
I know there's a lot more to add to that but that just drives me crazy driving in the bay area in general

Quick Reply: Wanna roll?