991.1 Market

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 12:27 AM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Not for an ocd guy. It is hell

I can attest to that, had a black BMW M6 before....and it was HELL!!!!!

A black car that's well cared for looks immaculate ....but the ones that aren't looks like sh*t..... Basically is a lotta time (or pay someone to do it)
The following users liked this post:
RSBro (05-12-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 01:38 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,718 Likes on 5,120 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
The people who own these cars have money and will still have money. They are not servers or at the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum. Prices wont change in a month. Now we have 1.4 million cases and 80k deaths and counting and the graph is headed through the roof. 6 months from now may be a different picture and how amusing it will be to watch trickle up economics at work.
Originally Posted by theracer21
business owner, big company managers are impacted - a lot of people are selling watches like GMT for sticker price.. same will happen with cars.
Porsche dealerships are not suffering. PAG has been supporting them with low to zero interest loans and holdbacks.

The people who are suffering are the sales associates and other support staff at the dealerships.

In other words, Porsche dealerships are in no rush to start a fire sale.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:38 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,187 Likes on 1,477 Posts

i was at Porsche Arlington (VA) yesterday just kicking tires. Sales Droid says "We've been really busy and are not discounting cars".

MEANWHILE....... several 2020 models on the lot of all types had orange sale tags hanging from the rear view mirrors showing roughly 10% off. Many of the Virginia Inspection stickers on the cars date back to fall of last year as well. They even have a blue GT4 sitting on the lot that's been there at least a month.
PNW2015 (05-12-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 09:37 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
i was at Porsche Arlington (VA) yesterday just kicking tires. Sales Droid says "We've been really busy and are not discounting cars".

MEANWHILE....... several 2020 models on the lot of all types had orange sale tags hanging from the rear view mirrors showing roughly 10% off. Many of the Virginia Inspection stickers on the cars date back to fall of last year as well. They even have a blue GT4 sitting on the lot that's been there at least a month.

I am sure there is a LONG line in front of the dealership waiting to buy a 100k car all day every day during this lock down
PNW2015 (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 11:15 PM
trayvon
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
typical cycle:
sellers holding on to last months prices
buyer pool slowing down
prices will equalize soon enough.

I'm interested in a well spec'd PDK 991.1 C2S in mid 50s, I've put a few offers out there, and its getting close now... best was 59k for a 130k msrp 2013 with 28k miles.

But I'm holding out, don't need the car, just want to replace cayenne as a daily.
wow this is way different than what I see on the finder, which is that the cheapest S models are 60k+ and normally have a lot of miles. Is there more wiggle room in prices than I thought? Like if it’s listed at 65k, is a 60k offer a joke?

Quick Reply: 991.1 Market