Sponsored by:

Diminution of Value after Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020 | 04:59 PM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Great job!

When my car was totaled, I avoided having to fight for DV. However, USAA (not surprisingly) came in a bit low for the valuation of the car. I had to fight to get a more reasonable value of the car. Glad you were able to get a more reasonable DV!
Likewise!

When my 991 was in a bad accident State Farm initially decided to repair, so I thought I would have to go through the DV process. I eventually persuaded them to total it (or more likely the bodyshop did) but they lowballed me on the value and only came up to a reasonable amount after lengthy phone negotiations.

So annoying they do this.
Old 05-11-2020 | 06:07 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gravord
In case it's helpful to anyone in the future, I'm posting the resolution to my DV claim that USAA originally valued at $340. I paid $200 for an independent DV appraisal, which indicated that the DV from being rear-ended was about $3,400. I submitted the appraisal to USAA, and their appraiser contacted my appraiser. USAA's appraiser ended up agreeing to valuing the DV at $3,100.

Did you use Dempsey? I have used him a couple times and received roughly 8k in DV vs the couple grand being offered. I had a bmw and embarrassed to say a Lexus that were in a bad accident due to red light runners. I’m lucky to be here!
Old 05-11-2020 | 08:00 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
I really can stand insurance companies in general, but Geico is really bad. I left them a few years ago as they were just raising my rates very high annually for no rhyme or reason. I have Liberty Mutual now and they are not the greatest either. Its a racket.
Since you're in PA - give a try with NJ Manufacturers - #2 in the US according to some survey and #1 in a number of other surveys. I've been with them for 50 years now. The initial price may seem a bit high, but at the end of the year, since they're a real "mutual" insurance company - run for the benefit of the insured - they issue a refund check based on their claims experience in the past year. Some years a few hundred $$, some years more. They used to be exclusive to NJ and to employees of companies who were members of the NJ Business-Industry Council (lobbying group) - but in the past 2 years they've opened up a bit on who they allow - including Pennsylvanians. In the past there has never been a surcharge or rate increase based on accidents - they either insured you or they didn't.

Worth a phone call or web visit. https://www.njm.com/

BTW - they've been issuing the "refund" every year they've been in business - which is 107 right now.
Old 05-11-2020 | 08:22 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Since you're in PA - give a try with NJ Manufacturers - #2 in the US according to some survey and #1 in a number of other surveys. I've been with them for 50 years now. The initial price may seem a bit high, but at the end of the year, since they're a real "mutual" insurance company - run for the benefit of the insured - they issue a refund check based on their claims experience in the past year. Some years a few hundred $$, some years more. They used to be exclusive to NJ and to employees of companies who were members of the NJ Business-Industry Council (lobbying group) - but in the past 2 years they've opened up a bit on who they allow - including Pennsylvanians. In the past there has never been a surcharge or rate increase based on accidents - they either insured you or they didn't.

Worth a phone call or web visit. https://www.njm.com/

BTW - they've been issuing the "refund" every year they've been in business - which is 107 right now.
I did not know NJ Manufacturers insure PA residents. That is great! I will give them a ring. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2020 | 09:27 PM
gravord
Track Day

Originally Posted by 737gdog
Did you use Dempsey? I have used him a couple times and received roughly 8k in DV vs the couple grand being offered. I had a bmw and embarrassed to say a Lexus that were in a bad accident due to red light runners. I’m lucky to be here!
Yes, Dempsey!

Quick Reply: Diminution of Value after Rear Ended