Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Way to Go, Porsche Victoria!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 05:29 PM
dbk123
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the clarification. Conor was the guy I worked with at Morong too. He is great!
Old 04-06-2020, 06:16 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronjb_ME
To be fair, ... Also, the waiting - holy crap did we wait. It *was* a Saturday, but I did have an appointment, ...
You've hit upon *just* a fraction of my more-recent issues with Porsche Unnamed.

Today's used Panamera buyer may be tomorrow's GT3 buyer.
And yesterday's Turbo buyer at a different dealership might buy something else tomorrow at 'your' dealership (where 'you' is the hypothetical dealership, not you aaronjb_ME) if you give them almost any reason to switch...

... because the average life cycle experience leaves a lot of room for improvement.

OP's story is an example about how going above and beyond can build long-term loyalty.
I agree. It's good to know that there are dealerships out there that (no matter how many or which Porsches previously purchased) assume each and every customer is a relationship to be, if not cultivated, at least not actively destroyed.

Edit: I would say I thought this experience was the normal Porsche experience until I started working with Morong in Falmouth, Maine. The Morong staff have always gone out of their way to accommodate me and have provided superb customer service.
It seems that 'execrable' is the normal experience at Porsche Unnamed. It's great to know that there's a dealer further north that values its clients.

The dealership experience is the sum of the folks that work there that have customer contact. I do not expect a uniform experience, but as long as it's net positive I consider it better than average and sufficient to not 'shop' dealers. I expect the experience at a dealer to change over time with personnel turnover. It can get better, it can get worse over the course of a decade. What's so fascinating about Porsche Unnamed is that it's been this way since the last century despite turnover. That kind of hiring 'competence' only flows from the top.

I hope to not post again in this thread about Porsche Unnamed. Let's go back to the original thread direction: praise for Porsche Falmouth.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:24 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Let's go back to praising Porsche Victoria!

Originally Posted by Wolpertinger
Not only is my local Porsche dealer (Porsche Centre Victoria, British Columbia) offering free pick up and delivery of your Porsche for service, but they'll even bring you your groceries if you can't get out! What an awesome way to support the community!
The following 2 users liked this post by worf928:
user 8298308 (04-06-2020), Wolpertinger (04-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Way to Go, Porsche Victoria!