Sponsored by:

Way to Go, Porsche Victoria!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 266 Posts
Thumbs up Way to Go, Porsche Victoria!

Not only is my local Porsche dealer (Porsche Centre Victoria, British Columbia) offering free pick up and delivery of your Porsche for service, but they'll even bring you your groceries if you can't get out! What an awesome way to support the community!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wolpertinger:
jtupch01 (04-07-2020), subwoofer (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 743 Likes on 527 Posts

My local dealer will also come get the car, or send you home and pick you up with Uber or Lyft. The grocery pickup is nice of them. They are really slow.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:59 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 346 Posts

My local dealer closed recently with no warning and there is no way to contact them. When they were up and running, they gave out loaners (usually base Macans or A4s) and expected customers to fill up gas. And their service prices are not cheap.
When I was picking up my new 911, the sales guy made me wait for an hour (even though I had an appointment) because he was too busy trying to score another sale, He was going to pick me up but didn’t show so I had to get a ride from my annoyed wife. He spent all of 25 minutes on the delivery. When I asked him to have the technician set my tire pressure to comfort settings, he refused. I got no updates on my car. Stellar chaps at this dealership. Highly recommended if you are a masochist.
Good to know there are decent dealers out there who know what customer service actually means.
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (04-06-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 11:43 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 743 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
My local dealer closed recently with no warning and there is no way to contact them. When they were up and running, they gave out loaners (usually base Macans or A4s) and expected customers to fill up gas. And their service prices are not cheap.
When I was picking up my new 911, the sales guy made me wait for an hour (even though I had an appointment) because he was too busy trying to score another sale, He was going to pick me up but didn’t show so I had to get a ride from my annoyed wife. He spent all of 25 minutes on the delivery. When I asked him to have the technician set my tire pressure to comfort settings, he refused. I got no updates on my car. Stellar chaps at this dealership. Highly recommended if you are a masochist.
Good to know there are decent dealers out there who know what customer service actually means.
well, when your sh*t don’t stink, you can roll like that. Hopefully horrible sales/service will not be tolerated in the future.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:13 AM
a57356
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post
Default Feedback

After I had a significant dispute with my long time dealership a while back, I provided the details to Simon (see below). If you didn't get a PCNA questionnaire about your experience, not likely if you didn't buy a car, then direct contact is an alternative to make sure PCNA is aware of the situation. It might even prevent a Premier dealership designation. I'm now very happy doing business with a Penske Dealership!

Jerry

Simon Kuhnimhof
Vice President, Customer Experience

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Phone: 770-290-3663
Email: simon.kuhnimhof@porsche.us
Old 04-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Franz Hayek
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have made plenty of noise insuring the salesman and others, especially the potential customer heard my discontent.
FH
Old 04-06-2020, 10:15 AM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by a57356
After I had a significant dispute with my long time dealership a while back, I provided the details to Simon (see below). If you didn't get a PCNA questionnaire about your experience, not likely if you didn't buy a car, then direct contact is an alternative to make sure PCNA is aware of the situation. It might even prevent a Premier dealership designation. I'm now very happy doing business with a Penske Dealership!

Jerry

Simon Kuhnimhof
Vice President, Customer Experience

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Phone: 770-290-3663
Email: simon.kuhnimhof@porsche.us
Thanks. I did not respond to any questionnaire nor do I respond to any surveys from the service department. I loathe confrontation and mimimize interacting with the dealer but look at it as a necessay evil. Three visits a year, twice for wheel and tire swaps and once for the yearly service and inspection. I should really take my car elsewhere. Frankly, the brand has become a big turnoff because of this dealer. Things seem to have worsened recently becasue I have using this dealer for the past seven years and they were much better before. I am not one to notice small things and I have never had any problems with the Volvo dealer that services my wife's car. They are always excellent.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:27 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 1,053 Posts

... because of this dealer.
I have a guess about which dealer you write. Tried to send a PM. You have them turned off.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:05 AM
dbk123
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
I have a guess about which dealer you write. Tried to send a PM. You have them turned off.

I would like to know as well!

dbk123
Vermont
Old 04-06-2020, 11:34 AM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 687 Likes on 399 Posts

I purchased from the dealer AnandN is referring to, but I don't get my vehicle serviced there as I'm in Maine, and the one dealer we have - Morong Porsche - has been excellent with service, IMO (there's also a great independent shop in Autowerkes Maine).

I had a decent sales experience with the sales staff at the [unnamed NH dealer], but I also used a third party to negotiate, so I avoided some potential hassle there. If I had to guess a vibe from my visit, it's that they're not going to bend over backwards for someone like me picking up a CPO given the market they're in.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:26 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

In any case I guessed correctly. That dealer is dead to me. I wish I had a recording of my wife talking to PCNA about them. (She was polite to PCNA folks, but the impression conveyed was lasting.)
Old 04-06-2020, 12:30 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aaronjb_ME
If I had to guess a vibe from my visit, it's that they're not going to bend over backwards for someone like me picking up a CPO given the market they're in.
If ‘the market they're in’ is catering to folks that buy frequently, I can assure you they do a $h1+ job of that too. Or, maybe you have to buy new every year before they GAF.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:15 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Originally Posted by worf928
If ‘the market they're in’ is catering to folks that buy frequently, I can assure you they do a $h1+ job of that too. Or, maybe you have to buy new every year before they GAF.
To be fair, I brought my own financing, and the awesome Tom McParland (Automatch Consulting) worked on my behalf to negotiate a good price (on a 2016 Panamera 4S, CPO with 9k miles). So it wasn't a very fruitful transaction for them by some measure. This was a year ago, for some context.

It was an odd thing to be buying my first Porsche and having the finance guy start off with, "And don't even ask for a pen, there are no free pens with Porsche sales like some people think" (paraphrasing, but you get the idea). The friend I brought with me noted how weird that was. Also, the waiting - holy crap did we wait. It *was* a Saturday, but I did have an appointment, and there were a few hours of idle time. It was clear that I wasn't the priority that day, which honestly I can understand.

I certainly don't hold anything against them, and it was a good transaction overall, but I've been made to feel more valued in a transaction. All in all, just sort of middle of the road. Bland, if you will.

As I look around for either replacing the Panamera or adding another Porsche to the garage, I wouldn't rule them out. I'm not going to them first, though, which probably also says something.

Today's used Panamera buyer may be tomorrow's GT3 buyer. OP's story is an example about how going above and beyond can build long-term loyalty.

Edit: I would say I thought this experience was the normal Porsche experience until I started working with Morong in Falmouth, Maine. The Morong staff have always gone out of their way to accommodate me and have provided superb customer service.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:42 PM
dbk123
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Great to hear such good things about Morong! I have had limited interactions with them, but they have been very positive too. I know where I will be taking my business.

dbk123
Old 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Originally Posted by dbk123
Great to hear such good things about Morong! I have had limited interactions with them, but they have been very positive too. I know where I will be taking my business.

dbk123
Excellent. Conor at Morong has been superb.

I want to be clear about the other dealership - the actual sales staff have been very good to work with. And I see Mr. "no pens" finance guy is no longer on the roster.

Quick Reply: Way to Go, Porsche Victoria!