Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
If I were you, I wouldn't talk about warranty fraud on the Internet
Fixed it for you....
Old 02-23-2020 | 05:48 PM
CaptainL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B.Kish
Anyone have any idea about how much delamination is needed before a warranty claim will be accepted? Mine are clearly warping but have not gapped the small piece of rubber trim. I can push them down at least a 1/4 inch so they are obviously lifting. I’m under CPO about 11 more months. I could wait and see, but obviously it will get worse. Alternatively I could accelerate the process with heat or gentle persuasion and force the issue.

My drivers side looked about like your third picture. I took it in not expecting much and they didn't hesitate to replace it. They also replaced the other side....and I didn't think that side was that bad at all. So.... I'd take it in and see what they say.
Old 02-23-2020 | 05:56 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
It's great that Pedro has stepped up and provided a viable solution, but every one that he fixes is another customer who could have joined the class action, but now will not.

And that's a shame.
I don't think that paying to solve the issue will stop anyone from being part of the class.
Old 02-23-2020 | 07:07 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

That was, of course, in jest. However, it's clearly failing. It's not like it's a perfectly good panel I'm suggesting ruining out of spite. Forcing the issue can be as simple as parking on top of a parking garage in the heat of the day instead of the shade. I'm under no obligation to make accommodations for their design defect.
The following 3 users liked this post by B.Kish:
CaptainL (02-23-2020), George from MD (05-25-2021), SFZ GT3 (02-24-2020)
Old 03-10-2020 | 09:31 PM
RWPinNC
Rennlist Member

Just received a ppi report on a 2024 Boxster S. Both panels noticeably warped. Not a Porsche dealer, and I don't think they noticed when they bought car. Disappointed, but will pass unless they offer a deal I can't refuse....not likely.
Old 05-03-2020 | 02:22 PM
t2clej
7th Gear

GSBruce - By any chance do you have BEFORE and AFTER pictures?
If not, can you post a couple of AFTER pictures? Thank you.
Old 05-03-2020 | 03:15 PM
97supratt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pfan
Porsche's idea of goodwill: "We apologize for our poor quality, design, and workmanship, so we'll only charge you 50% to make it right."

Porsche's customers always come first, right behind profits.
haha
Old 05-03-2020 | 04:57 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Once the panel is removed I can't imagine the repair being all that difficult to do. Has anyone just gone ahead and used a higher quality adhesive and DIY repair.
Old 05-03-2020 | 06:51 PM
CarreraJimmy
Advanced

Thanks for sharing this issue and remedy. I also have a CPO car with this issue in Houston (maybe I've seen you at PCA meeting in the Woodlands). Did you bring your car to all three Houston Porsche dealers? I just want to know if it is worth taking it in to any of them.

Thanks,
Old 05-03-2020 | 07:18 PM
Jasjeet Suri
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Joec500
Once the panel is removed I can't imagine the repair being all that difficult to do. Has anyone just gone ahead and used a higher quality adhesive and DIY repair.
My thoughts too, the door panel (door card) is very easy to remove. Some good adhesive and holding it with clamps whilst drying should be enough.
Old 05-04-2020 | 08:29 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jasjeet Suri
My thoughts too, the door panel (door card) is very easy to remove. Some good adhesive and holding it with clamps whilst drying should be enough.
Sure. Didn't someone posted trying to do that in that long original door panel thread? It was a failure, if I remember
The following 2 users liked this post by visitador:
Class5Kayaker (05-06-2020), Jasjeet Suri (05-05-2020)
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:19 PM
Murphjup
Rennlist Member

So since is the most recent thread regarding warped door panels, I thought I would inquire about an update here? I have a recently purchased 2012.5 991 with this issue mostly on the driver door... I thought it would just be a glue/clamp down and be done with it, but apparently with airbags etc and any DIY repairs not working over time.

My "New" 991 doesnt have any warranties, so Im wondering if any dealers have replaced these panels on a car that is basically 7-8 years old?

So my Questions:

1.) any DIY repairs working, Holding up over time?
2.) any dealers perform the repair on vehicles out of any kind of warranty?
3.) Any new replies from PCNA?
4.) Status of the Class action suit mentioned on this forum?

So let me get this straight I have a $100k MSRP sticker when new car and the door panels are warping/delaminating and the manufacturer who said its a manufacturing defect wont cover the fix?

So cars from the 40's and 50's still have their door panels, but one of the premier car manufactures in the world (Porsche) doesn't know how to make a door panel that lasts for more than a few years?

They expect us owners who worked our entire lives to finally be able to afford their car take the hit because they dont know how to properly make or even repair a panel that cant make it ten years?

If thats the case, Shame on Porsche....

Thank you in advance for any replies and updates!!
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:29 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Since you knew about the problem before you bought the car I hope you received a discount to take care of the problem.
The following users liked this post:
Murphjup (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:35 PM
Murphjup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Since you knew about the problem before you bought the car I hope you received a discount to take care of the problem.
No I didn't know about the problem prior to the purchase, My PPI company said it was an easy fix.... like I said I thought a glue and clamp fix would work...

So my fault for not looking into it further, but I really didnt see the issue until researching it further here...

Thank you for the reply!

Old 06-29-2020 | 06:43 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Murphjup
So since is the most recent thread regarding warped door panels, I thought I would inquire about an update here? I have a recently purchased 2012.5 991 with this issue mostly on the driver door... I thought it would just be a glue/clamp down and be done with it, but apparently with airbags etc and any DIY repairs not working over time.

My "New" 991 doesnt have any warranties, so Im wondering if any dealers have replaced these panels on a car that is basically 7-8 years old?

So my Questions:

1.) any DIY repairs working, Holding up over time?
2.) any dealers perform the repair on vehicles out of any kind of warranty?
3.) Any new replies from PCNA?
4.) Status of the Class action suit mentioned on this forum?

So let me get this straight I have a $100k MSRP sticker when new car and the door panels are warping/delaminating and the manufacturer who said its a manufacturing defect wont cover the fix?

So cars from the 40's and 50's still have their door panels, but one of the premier car manufactures in the world (Porsche) doesn't know how to make a door panel that lasts for more than a few years?

They expect us owners who worked our entire lives to finally be able to afford their car take the hit because they dont know how to properly make or even repair a panel that cant make it ten years?

If thats the case, Shame on Porsche....

Thank you in advance for any replies and updates!!
The OP's first message is the only one I remember who found someone willing to permanently fix the panels. Maybe he can give an update? Cars from the 40's and 50's did not have airbags on the doors. But you are right, this seems to be a continuing issue across the 991 and 981 cars. Don't know if the issue has been solved with the 718 or 992 cars
The following users liked this post:
Murphjup (06-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Warped Door Panels / 2014 991.1