Sponsored by:

991 Cabriolet Car Seat Recommentation <40lbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 02:05 PM
dsylvester
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 991 Cabriolet Car Seat Recommentation <40lbs

Has anyone had any luck with a toddler car seat that fits into the back of a 991 cab? I know that there is a TON of data on this site on 991 coupe car seats but the 991 cabriolet (at least my 991.1) doesn't appear to have any anchors points behind the seats. The owner's manual references the need to anchor seats but only shows images for the anchors on the coupe model. I could be missing something but I just don't think the convertible has any provision to anchor the back strap on a car seat. Has anybody found any front-facing car seats for kids under 40lbs that are narrow enough to fit into the back of a 991 and that don't require an anchor point? I need something for my daughter who is too big for an infant car seat but too small for a booster.

Here's a quick snapshot of the problem - with an anchor the convertible car seat can move way too far forward and is just unsafe. The seat in the picture is a Maxi-Cosi Pria85 - which is snug but fits great and I'd highly recommend to a coupe owner. Next to this seat in the picture is a Maxi-Cosi Rodifix which has the Latch adapters integrated directly into the base thus eliminating the problem - all seats small enough for my 25-pound daughter seem to have Latch straps instead which allow the base to move around and thus the top of the seat would move a lot in an accident.

Any help or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated!

FWIW I've had awesome luck with the Nuna Pipa as an infant car seat and the Maxi-Cosi Rodifix as a booster seat in this car.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:02 PM
gwporsche
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a cab and 2 young ones (4 and 7), not sure I understand your question. But there is a padding at the bottom of seat that you can pull out to reveal the LATCHs..
Old 01-30-2020, 08:05 PM
MikeL31
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

pull the lower back cusion off, i think its velcro'd on and there are latch anchors.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:21 PM
dsylvester
AutoX

Ah. Thanks for the reply and sorry for not being clear in my question. I can get to the Latch anchors fine but not the Anchor Point B as shown in the owner's manual - this is what's missing in the cab but not the coupe (or at least that I can't find). And I can't find any front-facing carseats for a kid under 40 lbs that doesn't require this anchor point. Seats like the Maxi-Cosi Rodifix (40lbs+) don't require you to use this extra anchor.
Old 11-04-2023, 03:04 PM
ashguy3
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey OP. What was your final solution? I’m in a similar boat as you were in. I have a 992 cab and a 27 lb toddler. The Cosco seat I have wobbles a lot. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2023, 04:09 PM
dsylvester
AutoX

Originally Posted by ashguy3
Hey OP. What was your final solution? I’m in a similar boat as you were in. I have a 992 cab and a 27 lb toddler. The Cosco seat I have wobbles a lot. Thanks!
Not a great answer but IIRC I just used that Pria85 and then swapped to the Rodifix the second she hit 40 lbs. I don't think I was ever able to find a great solution.
The following users liked this post:
ashguy3 (11-04-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 05:10 PM
Duka
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ashguy3
I tried many car seats in my 991.1 GTS Cab and the Radian RXT fits very well without any wobble. Highly recommend it. You will have to use the lower ankers and they can be used safely up to 40lbs.
ashguy3 (11-04-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 08:50 PM
luna77195
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best seat is pico way b

I have both the Diono Radian 3R and Pico Way B installed. Nothing compares to Way B. Look how much more legroom you get. Best feature is the head rest adjustability. The reason it’s important is your wind screen can open and close over it. Fits so snug No wobble. It’s pricey at $380 but worth it. I am probably returning the diono and getting another way b

ashguy3 (11-05-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 10:25 PM
dsylvester
AutoX

Originally Posted by luna77195
I have both the Diono Radian 3R and Pico Way B installed. Nothing compares to Way B. Look how much more legroom you get. Best feature is the head rest adjustability. The reason it’s important is your wind screen can open and close over it. Fits so snug No wobble. It’s pricey at $380 but worth it. I am probably returning the diono and getting another way b
This is brilliant. Just wished I'd seen this 3 years ago... Thanks for chiming in!
Old 06-29-2024, 06:13 PM
criticalcarebear
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luna77195
I know it's been a few months since this thread was last used but I now have a 992 Cab and wanted to use the WayB. What did you do for the rear anchor? Is it snug enough without it and just using the two lower anchors?
My kid is like 30lbs (2.5 years old) and as other have said, the lower anchors are easy to get to but the rear anchors are not on the Cab models.

Quick Reply: 991 Cabriolet Car Seat Recommentation <40lbs