Sponsored by:

PCM 3.1 ribbon cable connectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 11:22 PM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by smith14a
I'm looking for the 50 pin FFC Cable. The white one with the blue "ears" in the photo. I also stupidly broke the tan plastic clips that secure them to the board as well. I was able to make it work, but if you have the cable and/or the clips I'd gladly pay you for them!!
YGPM

The video cables and one set of the clips are spoken for, other set still available.

Last edited by systemr; 12-21-2021 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:04 PM
shadow4
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For sure! There are two cables in there, a fat one and a skinny one.

The fat one is a 50 Pins 0.5mm Pitch 150mm FFC Type A (blue ends on the same side of the cable).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The skinny one is a 30 Pins 0.5mm Pitch 150mm FFC Type A
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The issue with these cables is that they don't have the "ears" on the ends so they're technically a mm too narrow. I was fortune enough that it only took me two tries to line it up so that the picture showed correctly.
thanks!!
Old 12-23-2021, 01:16 AM
911jan
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the cable, just need the connector (see my post #2 in this thread).

Happy to pay some $$ for it. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2021, 01:50 AM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 911jan
I have the cable, just need the connector (see my post #2 in this thread).

Happy to pay some $$ for it. Thanks!
sent you a PM
Old 01-17-2022, 07:26 PM
BethKem
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like I have similar problems. When I opened up the PCM and released the OEM cables the grey "door" that helps to hold the cables in place pretty much disintegrated on two ribbon on the original board. I have power to Joyeauto and power to the back of the PCM but not to the screen. At first the tiny lights on the CD player were lit, but not they are not at all. One TINY pin got bent when I push the ribbon in too hard, but I think that I bent it back close to how it was originally. Is there anything I can use between the ribbon and the pins to make sure that they are connecting perfectly? I would hate to have to find a new old PCM and start over. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2022, 02:22 PM
smith14a
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try adjusting the cables. I was using 2 aftermarket cables that had a little give on each side. It took 2 tries to get them lined up so the screen would appear. Maybe try new cables altogether. I used the ones from Amazon.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:42 AM
ThV
2nd Gear

Hi I am in dire need of the 30pin FCC cable and the corresponding connector plug. You mention that you have spare ones. Do you still have those available and be willing to send it to The Netherlands? I will gladly pay of course.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:36 PM
smith14a
AutoX

Originally Posted by ThV
Hi I am in dire need of the 30pin FCC cable and the corresponding connector plug. You mention that you have spare ones. Do you still have those available and be willing to send it to The Netherlands? I will gladly pay of course.
I ended up using some purchased from Amazon. They aren't as heavy duty as the OEM cables, but they did work. I was able to get my broken "connector plug" to hold the cable well enough so it works. I wasn't able to find any spares anywhere. If you do find a place drop the company name in the comments. I'm sure that will help future owners attempting this!
Old 06-24-2022, 08:53 PM
ModQuench
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't heard anything back from Anthony nor Joyeauto (who I attempted to reach out to directly). I purchased the kit through Auto Amateur who's also trying through his connection. I'm not holding my breath. With the amazon cable now working I'm not as pressed to find the OEM cable, but would still like it. The amazon one is etremly flimsy compared to the OEM (and Joyeauto) cables.
do you have a link to the Amazon cable you bought that I am assuming came with the replacement plastic clip connector? I too broke one of the plastic clips during my joyeauto install.

The following users liked this post:
911jan (09-14-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 10:20 PM
smith14a
AutoX

Originally Posted by ModQuench
do you have a link to the Amazon cable you bought that I am assuming came with the replacement plastic clip connector? I too broke one of the plastic clips during my joyeauto install.
No, it didn't come with the plastic clip unfortunately. I actually never did find a place that had them. The broken one still seemed to hold well enough to use. No issues yet.

Here is the link to the cables I got ->
Amazon Amazon
Old 09-07-2022, 12:37 AM
kazerouni
Track Day

I haven't heard anything back from Anthony nor Joyeauto (who I attempted to reach out to directly). I purchased the kit through Auto Amateur who's also trying through his connection. I'm not holding my breath. With the amazon cable now working I'm not as pressed to find the OEM cable, but would still like it. The amazon one is etremly flimsy compared to the OEM (and Joyeauto) cables.
which amazon cable did you buy?
Old 09-07-2022, 12:43 AM
kazerouni
Track Day

Originally Posted by systemr
YGPM

The video cables and one set of the clips are spoken for, other set still available.

i'm assuming these are long gone...still looking for clips
Old 09-07-2022, 01:17 PM
RennListUser01
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi All,

Out of my depth, but have repaired a few basic electronic devices so have messed with connectors, etc.

Given this is simply one end broken, couldn't you preform (maybe with some heat) a piece of thin wire tie to conform to the top end of the connector, then superglue there and where it lays flat on the pcb. Wouldn't take much glue. At issue is it shaking loose, right?

And, if this would work on one end, why not both ends?
The following 2 users liked this post by RennListUser01:
911jan (09-14-2022), Radikal (09-14-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 02:01 AM
Mike Dodd
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I get to join the club. Installing Isudar board into my 981's PCM. Ive reassembled with only one side clipped in and CD Player won't turn on, and on bumpy roads the whole PCM cuts in and out, even reboots. I thought I could get by with the little pressure 1 clip intact provides but no luck.

Did anyone find a source for a 50 pin clip (FCP as I'm learning!)

I am going to order these 2 and see if I get lucky scavenging the clip.

Amazon Amazon

and

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Mike Dodd; 10-14-2022 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:49 PM
Mike Dodd
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No luck

Originally Posted by Mike Dodd
I get to join the club. Installing Isudar board into my 981's PCM. Ive reassembled with only one side clipped in and CD Player won't turn on, and on bumpy roads the whole PCM cuts in and out, even reboots. I thought I could get by with the little pressure 1 clip intact provides but no luck.

Did anyone find a source for a 50 pin clip (FCP as I'm learning!)

I am going to order these 2 and see if I get lucky scavenging the clip.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Extens...ef_=ast_sto_dp

and

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Extens...ef_=ast_sto_dp
nothing panned out I ordered. The bulk ones
Amazon Amazon
are tiny and the daisy chain boards are top flip not snap type. I think this part is going to be impossible to find. On a PCB repair forum they suggested hot melt glue.

I’ll be doing that and at least if it needs to be removed hot glue isn't permanent

Last edited by Mike Dodd; 10-16-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: PCM 3.1 ribbon cable connectors