Sponsored by:

Help needed with Comfort Access Memory Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Ah glory be!!! I finally understand! LOL I thought the KEY button saved Memory 1 and Memory 2 positions to the Physical Key. I did not understand it is the default seat position. Now I see why I kept going in circles with my seat positions, and every enter and exit of my car LOL. Thank you all. :-)
Try what ShaunP says and report back and let us know if that accomplishes what you want. I use my method every time I drive my car and it works perfectly. The only draw back would be if 2 people used the car equally and if so the person that used Key 2 would have to manually set their driving position. I do not have that situation so all is well in my world.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:39 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Slightly off topic but do all 14 way seats have comfort entry? Does it have to be premium package? Asking because when looking at build sheets, comfort entry isn't listed as a separate option. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:23 PM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 191 Posts

Sorry for bumping another old thread.

I was able to set the comfort access but i wish the seat would move back a bit more. Not a big deal though.

My question is why my a/c always start as ON despite turning it off & saving it as memory 1 & 3? Is it supposed to be on by default ? It’s set to 20
Old 08-14-2020, 11:27 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

It is what it is so to say! There are thread on this going back many years and it almost has a mind of its own...mine does it as well.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 08-14-2020 at 11:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Roswell88 (08-14-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 11:52 PM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
It is what it is so to say! There are thread on this going back many years and it almost has a mind of its own...mine does it as well.
Thank you Bob, I’m glad to hear it’s normal although being annoying to turn it off at each start up.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:26 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShaunP
You’re way over thinking it - it's really not that hard.

The key button on the door is a 3rd position. This is the default position the seat (and mirrors, hvac, etc) would be in when unlocking the car that is linked to that specific key.

Do exactly what I said above:

Move your seat all the way back. This is the position you want the seat in to exit and enter the car. Hit SET and then they "KEY" button in the door. This will be the position that is stored to your key. This is the position the seat will be in when unlocking the car with that key.

Move your seat up to your desired driving position. Press SET 1 on the door. You will now hold down the 1 button to move your seat into the driving position.

When you want to exit the car and move your seat to all the way back again, hit the KEY button on the door.
If you do not start the car or close the door one just needs to press and release the 1 button to move everything to to your driving position - if you close the door or start the car you have to press and hold.

Quick Reply: Help needed with Comfort Access Memory Seats