Sponsored by:

Prices you paid for install of springs or coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 10:08 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by koven
anyone got a good deal for bilstein b16 to share?
Interested as well.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:42 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,123 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
btw- how long did these services take to complete? I ask as I'm being quoted ranging prices and length of time they need the car for which is perplexing to me and which is why I'm also inquiring with the community who has had there's done.
For spring install-factor in about 4-6 hours of labor.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:30 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I was quoted same price be it spring or full coil-over, that's why I figured it would be better to just get full coilover as some of the prices I was getting quoted is more than the spring iteself.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:17 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Curious for those that know - because the B16s are progressive, does that negatively impact performance in a track setting? I was always under the impression that linear spring rates were a better choice, particularly if leveraging s/pasm as stock springs are linear.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:29 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
I was quoted same price be it spring or full coil-over, that's why I figured it would be better to just get full coilover as some of the prices I was getting quoted is more than the spring iteself.
Did you pull the trigger yet? It's been about seven months since you posted this.

For me, I can't take the chance of a suspension that would feel weird (pogoing) or be improved over stock. I'd be getting Bilstein Damptronic Coil-overs for sure based on your previous posts. The fact that Bilstein makes the stock shocks gives them an advantage when it comes to designing a coil-over setup for this car.

Every single time I've tried to go with lowering springs, I was disappointed and ended up going with coil-overs and never looked back. Just go for it! You'll be happy with the results.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:56 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rugu6869
Did you pull the trigger yet? It's been about seven months since you posted this.

For me, I can't take the chance of a suspension that would feel weird (pogoing) or be improved over stock. I'd be getting Bilstein Damptronic Coil-overs for sure based on your previous posts. The fact that Bilstein makes the stock shocks gives them an advantage when it comes to designing a coil-over setup for this car.

Every single time I've tried to go with lowering springs, I was disappointed and ended up going with coil-overs and never looked back. Just go for it! You'll be happy with the results.
With the whole pandemic going on plus now with all the riots / looting happening. No.
Also double thinking and maybe waiting to hear more feedback and tests by other places on the Evo coil-overs that Billstien came out with to see the differences between that and the B16 with DSC?
Old 06-02-2020, 06:43 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by Wujohn
Curious for those that know - because the B16s are progressive, does that negatively impact performance in a track setting? I was always under the impression that linear spring rates were a better choice, particularly if leveraging s/pasm as stock springs are linear.
I think it's less about the technology/engineering used, but more how that engineering/material/technology is implemented. I run the B16's for road and track and never felt I was over compromised, sure it's not as focused as true motorsport setup, but I spend 99% time on normal roads. I came from the stock SPASM and it was a stiffer ride.

I also run the DSC with GT3 settings and it feels very cohesive to me.

I actually inquired with folks at Elephant racing to match a set of linear springs for my B16's and they told me that Bilstein designed them to work together and did not advise me to swap to any linear spring they had. They encouraged me to look into other parts like monoballs, control arms etc if I wanted sharper handling.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:15 AM
Xtian
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody used BC coilover for 991.1?

Any pictures?
Old 06-03-2020, 01:36 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

You should do Bilstein B16 so I can get a ride in, and recommend the shop you had it installed

All jokes aside, my past experiences on modding suspension on my cars have been either keep it stock or save up for a full coilover. My first 2 cars was modding with springs and just wasn't a very pleasant experience (noise, comfort, etc..). I since switched over to coilover, particularly on the E46 M3 it was night and day differences for me. The ride experience feels so much better & rigid. I don't get weird noise or clunk sound etc...
Old 06-03-2020, 02:14 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
$140 for alignment is a good price too. I just spent $270 at the dealer!
Carlsen won't install anything not OEM....unfortunately. Or else I would have jumped on coil-overs and had it done at the beginning of this year while they did my 20K?

Quick Reply: Prices you paid for install of springs or coilovers