Sponsored by:

New 991 Guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 11:47 AM
CBS
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Christmas Gift to myself!

Love the Book, currently enjoying it - Thank You!

Happy Holidays,
Chris
Old 12-23-2019, 01:12 PM
Definitive Porsche Guides
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CBS
Christmas Gift to myself!
Love the Book, currently enjoying it - Thank You!
Happy Holidays,
Chris
Cheers Chris, thanks for your support.... you are a top guy
The following users liked this post:
CBS (12-23-2019)
Old 08-15-2020, 10:57 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this for sale in print edition ?
Old 08-15-2020, 11:26 PM
acwild70
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We wish!!
Old 08-16-2020, 04:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by redbaron01
Is this for sale in print edition ?
Hi RedBaron,
Thanks for your post, the guide is Kindle only in print format (so it looks and is laid out like a physical book on screen).

We do understand that most want a printed book, but it isn’t possible for us to print the guide at the moment and the digital version can be downloaded instantly and can be used on multiple devices, so you can have a copy on your phone on the move, tablet at home and computer at work, so it’s always available for reference.

You can key work search the whole guide (e.g. PDK) make notes on and bookmark pages and zoom into the hundreds of quality images to get up close and personal with the 991.

We have worked very hard to include absolutely every last detail on the entire range (all aspects of the engineering through to all the many options) and the guide includes (and compares) gen1 & gen2.

The guide certainly isn’t perfect (what in life is!) but I do hope you will give it a try alongside your physical printed book library, below is a review from a Porsche owner who purchased the guide on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only a book , it’s the 991 portfolio
Reviewed in France on March 26, 2020
Verified Purchase

All models are detailled with accuracy, explanations very clear, all features are listed, high quality of pictures, accessories and options.

I am looking for a 991 to replace my 981, I needed a global overview of this 911 generation, but also proposed options like wheels, leather colors and so on ... this book is over my expectations.

Thanks again for your post much appreciated 👍
Old 08-16-2020, 06:40 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by Definitive Porsche Guides
Hi RedBaron, Thanks for your post, the guide is Kindle only in print format (so it looks and is laid out like a physical book on screen). We do understand that most want a printed book, but it isn’t possible for us to print the guide at the moment
Suggest reading some of the threads involving 000 Magazine. It costs $250/year at a minimum, and people love it. Wonder how many subscriptions they'd have sold if it were digital-only?

This crowd likes to collect stuff, and they don't mind paying for value. If you have something awesome to sell, don't be afraid to charge what you need to make a healthy profit and then some. A top-quality publication like 000 is basically a Veblen good. (I'm going to guess that's not a term you're familiar with; if not, look it up!). Your book could be, too.
MirageJHU (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 11:20 AM
MunnyGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

I wanted to check out your book but on the Canadian 🇨🇦 Amazon page it is not available for purchase.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:35 AM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 72 Posts

Thank you for the book! I downloaded the sample pages on my Mac and the KindleMac App.
Am I the only one who gets hurt by the typeface Helvetica Narrow/Condensed.
I never read a book with that typeface (and never will)
Is there a way to change the typeface somehow? I could not find any option!
Old 08-16-2020, 12:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Smile

Originally Posted by Schorsch
Thank you for the book! I downloaded the sample pages on my Mac and the KindleMac App.
Am I the only one who gets hurt by the typeface Helvetica Narrow/Condensed.
I never read a book with that typeface (and never will)
Is there a way to change the typeface somehow? I could not find any option!
Hi Schorsch, thanks for taking the time to check the guide out. The font is fixed but it is easy to pinch/zoom if you need to make the text larger, I read the guide on my iPad and find the text easy on my older eyes, but we each have our own preferences, so apologies if it isn’t right for you and thanks again for giving it a look.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MunnyGuy
I wanted to check out your book but on the Canadian 🇨🇦 Amazon page it is not available for purchase.
Hiya MunnyGuy,
Here is a link to the guide on Amazon.ca
Everything you need to know about the fabulous Porsche 991 series 911 Everything you need to know about the fabulous Porsche 991 series 911

I’m guessing you are using an iPad with the Amazon App? Apple only allowed Amazon to have the app in their store if you couldn’t buy Kindle books directly from within the app, as this competes with Apple’s own digital book sales. Strange but true, if you use the web browser (ie Safari) instead you should be able to buy the guide without an issue. I appreciate that isn’t quite as convenient as using the Amazon app, but it’s the same with any Kindle title not just ours.

A big thank you for checking out the guide and I hope the link works for you
MunnyGuy (08-17-2020)

Quick Reply: New 991 Guide