Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 Guide

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019 | 08:56 AM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Hi

I have bought the kindle versions of the 997 and of the Gaydon AM. Will definitely buy the 991 but I was wondering : what if an updated version of the 991 book comes up, can we download it for free or for a smaller fee?

thanks for your feedback.
Old 10-09-2019 | 12:10 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

+1 on ordering a book, but I'll also order the electronic version.

I travel often and read books on my iPad, but this type of book I really enjoy flipping the pages. I would also like to keep this with the 911 documents.
Old 10-09-2019 | 01:45 PM
Definitive Porsche Guides
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
+1 on ordering a book, but I'll also order the electronic version.

I travel often and read books on my iPad, but this type of book I really enjoy flipping the pages. I would also like to keep this with the 911 documents.
Thanks for your support for the digital version Dan, appreciated we do get the desire for hardcopy with your 911's documents, but I find an ipad (or andriod tablet) works brilliantly for keeping my Porsche reference in one place - in the Library, indexed under "Porsche". This then brings up all my PDF brochures, press documents/data, owners manuals, technical books, etc, and I can hop over to the Kindle App for the Definitive Guides of course, I sometimes also use split screen to view two at once! .... a whole Porsche library on one device with easy access!
Old 10-09-2019 | 02:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Watson
Hi

I have bought the kindle versions of the 997 and of the Gaydon AM. Will definitely buy the 991 but I was wondering : what if an updated version of the 991 book comes up, can we download it for free or for a smaller fee?

thanks for your feedback.
A huge thankyou for your support Watson, great to know you have two of the series already

With regards to the update question, you can re-download content you have already paid for as long as it hasn't been permanetely deleted from your library, this should then be the latest copy with any tweaks/additions. It is best to follow Amazons advice on this, but I'm popping a link below that shows how you can do this. If there was a major update (whole new multiple page sections covering new models in the Aston Martin range for example) and the title became a new "edition" gained a new ISBN/KIndle listing then you would need to purchase the guide again, but so far we have provided any updates for the Kindle guides under the same title/ISBN/edition numbers and this is likely to remain the same for the Porsche guides as the series are now out of production, where as the Aston book keeps expanding to cover new models.

Here is a link to a website showing how to reload an already purchased book to a new device... hope it helps
Reloading Kindle Books
Old 10-09-2019 | 07:41 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

That’s awesome, thanks a lot!!!
Old 10-11-2019 | 12:57 PM
IMPorsche
Instructor

Amazon currently has a $5 credit for Kindle purchase, but might be selected account. Login and search for "Porsche 911 guide kindle". If you have it, it will show the credit on the page. I though I gave it a try with the $5 credit and was very happy with the purchase. Pics and characters are very easy to read, especially with full color through Kindle app on Ipad (I don't have a kindle). Thank you Definitive Porsche Guides for being Rennlist sponsor and launched a great and entertaining 911 guide.
Old 10-11-2019 | 05:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by IMPorsche
Amazon currently has a $5 credit for Kindle purchase, but might be selected account. Login and search for "Porsche 911 guide kindle". If you have it, it will show the credit on the page. I though I gave it a try with the $5 credit and was very happy with the purchase. Pics and characters are very easy to read, especially with full color through Kindle app on Ipad (I don't have a kindle). Thank you Definitive Porsche Guides for being Rennlist sponsor and launched a great and entertaining 911 guide.
Hi IMPorsche, thanks for getting in there and filling your boots with all things 991 glad you like it. Many people think of Kindle as the small black and white book readers, which are ok for novels but not detailed reference books like the 991 guide. The real benefit of Kindle is the app which works in full screen technocolour on tablets, computers and Macs, that is what the guide is designed for, your ipad is ideal to get the best out of the book. Thanks again, we appreciate your feedback
Old 10-15-2019 | 09:05 AM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Just bought it! Nice reading in perspective!
Old 10-16-2019 | 05:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Watson
Just bought it! Nice reading in perspective!
Watson you are a gentleman thanks for your support and glad to hear you are enjoying the book.

Thanks also to all the many Rennlisters who have looked past wanting hardcopy and given the digital age version a try alongside their printed books.
Old 10-17-2019 | 10:53 PM
sanjeev
Rennlist Member

Hello,
I just purchased this ebook via Amazon. However, when I tried to read it, it failed and the error message stated that no compatible device.
i an
using an Apple iPad with the latest iOS 13 version.

please advise

thanks
Old 10-18-2019 | 04:29 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sanjeev
Hello,
I just purchased this ebook via Amazon. However, when I tried to read it, it failed and the error message stated that no compatible device.
i am using an Apple iPad with the latest iOS 13 version.please advise thanks
Hi Sanjeev, that’s strange as I have my copy on an iPad pro and the Kindle App is compatible with iPads. Maybe it’s a bug with the latest Apple update. Let me contact Amazon directly and do some further checking and I’ll reply back here. Thanks for your support and patience while I investigate.
Cheers

This is the official list of compatible devices for Print Replica Kindle books, like ours (which retain the same format and colour rich layout as a printed book)

Free Kindle Reading Apps
  • Kindle for Android Phones
  • Kindle for Android Tablets
  • Kindle for iPhone
  • Kindle for iPod Touch
  • Kindle for iPad
  • Kindle for Mac
  • Kindle for PC

Fire Tablets
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9''
  • Kindle Fire HDX
  • Kindle Fire HD(2nd Generation)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 Tablet
  • Fire HD 7 Tablet
  • Fire HD 6 Tablet
  • Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
  • Kindle Fire HD(1st Generation)
  • Kindle Fire(2nd Generation)
  • Kindle Fire(1st Generation)
  • Fire HD 10
  • Fire HD 8
  • Fire

Last edited by Definitive Porsche Guides; 10-18-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-18-2019 | 05:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi again Sanjeeve, did it fail at the purchase stage ie were you trying to buy the book from within the Kindle App on your iPad? The reason I ask is because .....Apple charge for all in app purchases, and Amazon won’t pay the charge, so it will fail if you order directly inside the Kindle app (the joys of competing tech giants ) to order Kindle books on iPad you need to log into your Amazon account via your web browser (Safari) buy there and it should then automatically download to your chosen kindle app on your ipad.

This is an article covering the above Buying Kindle books on an ipad or iphone

It’s usually a really easy process and Print Replica books should be fully compatible with your iPad, so also check if you have a Kindle app update waiting since the latest iPad update this week.

Let me know if this sorts the problem if not either post here with more detail or PM me and we will get on the case.
Old 10-19-2019 | 02:25 AM
Guaji
Racer

I was having the same problem trying to purchase it thru the Amazon app. I tried again last night and purchased it on the Amazon website. It would be nice to have a print version for home, but it’s nice to have it on Kindle when traveling.
Old 10-19-2019 | 03:16 AM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

e version is handy, but really want a coffee table book alike hard copy
Old 10-19-2019 | 04:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Guaji
I was having the same problem trying to purchase it thru the Amazon app. I tried again last night and purchased it on the Amazon website. It would be nice to have a print version for home, but it’s nice to have it on Kindle when traveling.
Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
e version is handy, but really want a coffee table book alike hard copy
I agree, it is rather strange that you can’t purchase Kindle books via the App on an Apple device, you would think huge corporations like Amazon and Apple would would work together amicably, but as ever money talks. Just to reconfirm for others, on iPads you need to order by logging into your Amazon account via a separate browser (not from within the free Kindle app) and have it automatically delivered to your Kindle App for viewing on your tablet. It does look and work best on a nice 10-ish inch tablet (whether iPad, Android, Fire or Microsoft Surface)

Thanks guys for supporting the book I do recommend building your own Porsche library (books, brochures, manuals, magazine articles, saved offline web articles, etc) on a tablet, as well as your book case,, it’s great to have all the reference in one portable place.
The following users liked this post:
BGLeduc (10-19-2019)

Quick Reply: New 991 Guide