Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Porsche PDCC

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 10:51 PM
doctorayes
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Aftermarket Porsche PDCC

My new to me 2015 CPO C4S has PASM+PDCC but the build sheet does not list that option. I know that all 99.1 S versions have PASM as standard but PDCC is definitely an option. I am assuming that PDCC was installed on the car either at Trophy Performance in Nevada or at Ralph's auto service in Maryland based on Carfax history. Do you know if PDCC retrofit is possible on a PASM 911 and are you familiar of any of these two independent Porsche service centers ?
Thanks!
Old 08-10-2019, 11:44 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 431 Posts

It would be quite a bit of work.

If you want to explore to see if it's installed remove both rear fans and see if you have what looks like a brake reservoir cap just to the right of the coolant and oil caps.

This is where the fluid bottle and pump are located.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:04 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Anything’s possible but that would be an excessive amount of work imo. Does your suspension button say PDCC on it?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:07 AM
doctorayes
Advanced

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Anything’s possible but that would be an excessive amount of work imo. Does your suspension button say PDCC on it?
Yes!
Old 08-11-2019, 12:15 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Does the button have the same detent and click sensation? Do you notice a difference with the PDCC on and off.? Check for the reservoir as described above. You check your vin in vinanalytics.com? Your dealer when given your vin will be able to tell you replacement parts based on what your car specifically has.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:19 AM
doctorayes
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jack F
Does the button have the same detent and click sensation? Do you notice a difference with the PDCC on and off.? Check for the reservoir as described above. You check your vin in vinanalytics.com? Your dealer when given your vin will be able to tell you replacement parts based on what your car specifically has.
We checked both vinanalytics and the official build sheet. It is definitely an aftermarket install. When I press the button it behaves how a PASM button behaves. I understand if you have PDCC it is always on. When I press sport plus the PASM PDCC light turns on too. The ride does become firmer for sure but I don't know yet if the cornering is a lot better with presumed PDCC on board.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:20 AM
doctorayes
Advanced

This is how it looks.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Have you pulled the engine cover and removed the fans? It’s a 3 minute job. Should provide the confirmation that you desire.

If you haven’t yet done this, here are instructions:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9892...th-photos.html
The following users liked this post:
Honda (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 01:14 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Does your suspension button say PDCC on it?
Originally Posted by doctorayes
Yes!
Originally Posted by Jack F
Have you pulled the engine cover and removed the fans? It’s a 3 minute job. Should provide the confirmation that you desire.

If you haven’t yet done this, here are instructions:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9892...th-photos.html
@doctorayes do this --^

If you have in fact 'scored' a 991 with a PDCC retrofit then you should put the previous owner in your will.

Retrofitting PDCC would be very expensive. Off the top of my head: $30k+ parts and labor. PDCC is composed of hydraulic sway bar drop links, the hard fluid lines to each, a belt driven hydraulic pump, several valve blocks, fluid reservoir, probably a different suspension control unit, and here's the kicker: a bunch of wiring harnesses. For a while now, wiring harnesses aren't made to a one-size-fits all template. They are bespoke based upon options. So, if your 991 didn't leave the factory with PDCC it's not wired for any of the components.

It's certainly possible. But, if *I* liked a specific 991 without PDCC so much that I'd spend 10s of K on a PDCC retrofit, I probably wouldn't ever sell it.

The following users liked this post:
Honda (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 01:19 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,530 Posts

Build sheets are sometimes incorrect.... Not frequently, but it happens. And Vinanalytics just back-doors the "official" PCNA computer database build sheets, so they will be the same.

Not sure if the "really official" Porsche Production Specification (what used to be called a Certificate Of Authenticity or COA) might be more accurate, but it will cost you $110 to find out.

I think that is far more likely that the build sheet is incorrect vs. someone retrofitting PDCC to your car. Or that you really don't have PDCC, but someone simply swapped in a PASM button with the PDCC screening, which would cost about $30. It is an identical switch, just different graphics.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:26 AM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

I would have guessed that the wrong button was used. It’s a lot easier and cheaper to install a button that says PDCC than it would be to retrofit.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:57 AM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I think that is far more likely that the build sheet is incorrect vs. someone retrofitting PDCC to your car. Or that you really don't have PDCC, but someone simply swapped in a PASM button with the PDCC screening, which would cost about $30. It is an identical switch, just different graphics.
+1

Did you pull the fans yet?
Old 08-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Honda
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Build sheets are sometimes incorrect.... Not frequently, but it happens. And Vinanalytics just back-doors the "official" PCNA computer database build sheets, so they will be the same.

Not sure if the "really official" Porsche Production Specification (what used to be called a Certificate Of Authenticity or COA) might be more accurate, but it will cost you $110 to find out.

Agreed.. my vinanalytics missed an option on there as well. And based on the comment above - not very likely.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 707 Likes on 322 Posts

On the older 991s with PDCC, the button didn’t even have PDCC. They added it to the button (the one that selects the PASM mode, with the shock absorber symbol) on later 991s so you could tell it had PDCC without looking under the car.

I forget the details but there are threads that talk about how to identify physically if the car was equipped with PDCC.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:59 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 630 Posts

Guys (and girls), I'd bet the title of my car that nobody has added PDCC after leaving the factory. Either the car has the wrong picture on the button or it always had PDCC.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Porsche PDCC