Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New To Me C4S Cab, and my plan...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 09:49 PM
SFOJAM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default New To Me C4S Cab, and my plan...

Greetings!

I finally purchased my dream car, a 991 C4S Cabriolet in Silver with a Black Interior.

Division: PCNA
Commission #: 822931

Prod Month: 2013-04-01
Price: $140,745.00
Exterior: Platinum Silver Metallic
Interior: Black leather interior
Warranty Start: August 28, 2013

BASE 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
1H Platinum Silver Metallic
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
427 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
603 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
636 ParkAssist (front and rear)
640 Sport Chrono Package
658 Power Steering Plus
672 Navigation Module
748 Electric folding exterior mirrors
840 SportDesign steering wheel
AZ Black leather interior
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P37 BOSE® Audio Package
P3E Premium Package Plus
UN1 Online Services
XEX Bi-Xenonheadlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

I've been lurking on the forum for a while as part of my pre-purchase research and planning. I thought I'd take a moment to share my car, and upgrade plan.
Special thanks to the below users on their posts and sharing below, for helping answer some detailed questions.
RichAA - Seat Removal For Detailing
iambon - 6speedonline user - rear seat removal, also for detailing
CSK 911 C4S - general resource sharing

The car was super clean with the exception of a rear bumper re-spray. I purchased from CarMax based on the location, price, and extended warranty.

Here is a link to my albums of the car at time of sale, with interior removed for interior detail, and after a basic wash/wax.

1. Interior Detail: For me, that means everything that can come out does, is washed/lightly steamed, conditioned, and reinstalled. I also immediately installed the clear side markers.
2. Light Wash and Wax
3. Rebadge: Removal of botch job and correct badge reapplication. I wrestled with black v chrome for some time. Chrome won.
4. Rims. Goodbye, Carrera Classics, Hello HRE FlowForm FFO4.
5. Service: Car was overdue for 4Y major service, and while I was at it, retrofitted the sport exhaust.

Future Plans:
Tint - I'm going to go ceramic and remove the black on the rears/rear windows. Anyone with photos of 35%, I'd appreciate a look.
PPF - Later. There are some rock chips and scratches that need remediation. May do the aerokit bumper when the time comes. For now I'm just enjoying the car.
Third radiator install and rennline grilles

Otherwise, the car was optioned essentially identically to my preferences, save the black headlights, but they pick up the color of the soft top and they're growing on me.

The before photo. Seats out, vacuum, light shampoo and steam. Smells better than new!

HRE FF04

Last edited by SFOJAM; 08-07-2019 at 09:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SFOJAM:
rporzio (08-05-2019), tubernator (08-12-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Nice work. Tint has been discussed in this forum and you can find pics of what you are asking for by searching this forum. And even though I have the Black headlights I agree that the others would look better; I am sure someone would trade with you.
The following users liked this post:
SFOJAM (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 02:34 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Nice man! Love the FF04
SFOJAM (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 03:48 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Seats out in order to detail the interior?

What a guy
SFOJAM (08-05-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Nice ride! Congrats!
SFOJAM (08-07-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 11:08 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

I'll trade for silver lights and fogs~!
SFOJAM (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 12:28 PM
SFOJAM
Instructor

Garfunkle, I appreciate the offer. I'll send a PM
Old 08-08-2019, 07:40 PM
ahung
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Silver is a classic color for the 911 IMHO. Love the HRE FF04s on your car. Was originally thinking of doing the same thing in black, but the silver wheels on yours just works. May have to reconsider. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 08-09-2019, 12:09 AM
SFOJAM
Instructor

ahung, by the looks of your avatar, we had the same dilemna.

Both would work.

In my case the top and headlights are black, the rims used to be 50/50 black silver Carrera classics. The badges were chrome.

If I was going for a GTS look, I could've gone (and may yet someday go) with black rims and badges. Car would have been racier, perhaps easier to wash and not as "gt" ish.

With the factory chrome badges, I figured silver for the rims to balance everything out.

First world problems.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:02 AM
ahung
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SFOJAM
ahung, by the looks of your avatar, we had the same dilemna.

Both would work.

In my case the top and headlights are black, the rims used to be 50/50 black silver Carrera classics. The badges were chrome.

If I was going for a GTS look, I could've gone (and may yet someday go) with black rims and badges. Car would have been racier, perhaps easier to wash and not as "gt" ish.

With the factory chrome badges, I figured silver for the rims to balance everything out.

First world problems.
Agreed. I also thought about getting the black headlights and darker wheels to match my black glass sunroof. I love how the 911 is so adaptable to everyone's styles/tastes and how much one can customize it to suit the specific character of their car. For me, I wasn't originally a fan of the Carrera Classics but they have grown on me. Mostly because of how well they hide brake dust and have a slightly different appearance depending on the angle you view it from (thanks to the two-tone machined face and dark gray painted spokes/barrel). At this point, I'm not in a rush to replace them, but you never know. Is yours a daily driver? Mine has been filling that role for almost a year now and every morning cold start still makes me grin like an idiot. Enjoy your new car as often as you can.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:43 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by ahung
Agreed. I also thought about getting the black headlights and darker wheels to match my black glass sunroof. I love how the 911 is so adaptable to everyone's styles/tastes and how much one can customize it to suit the specific character of their car. For me, I wasn't originally a fan of the Carrera Classics but they have grown on me. Mostly because of how well they hide brake dust and have a slightly different appearance depending on the angle you view it from (thanks to the two-tone machined face and dark gray painted spokes/barrel). At this point, I'm not in a rush to replace them, but you never know. Is yours a daily driver? Mine has been filling that role for almost a year now and every morning cold start still makes me grin like an idiot. Enjoy your new car as often as you can.

I can't remember for the life of me where I got them... but bought vinyl black rings for mine that go on the outside. You can only tell that its not OEM if I tell you or you are inches away.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:46 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Here’s a pic

Old 08-09-2019, 09:34 AM
mfonseca
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

HRE's look great. I am thinking about getting a set. Where did you purchase them?
Old 08-09-2019, 11:20 PM
SFOJAM
Instructor

Ahung - it's a semi daily driver. Maybe 2 days a work week at most.

Garfunkle I love the vinyl - best of both worlds - dark outer rim w silver interior. Gives me an idea about my lights - maybe I could try that in silver??

Mfonseca - I purchased and installed through BR Racing in Los Gatos. I have nothing but praise for them. I would contact HRE directly and find your nearest dealer - if I understand correctly, HRE, out of respect for their dealers, is actually more expensive to purchase direct.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:06 AM
Lucky991
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Look into ceramic coating to accompany the PPF. Its like permanent wax and in my opinion is a total game changer in the car detailing industry. Dirt, grime and bugs DO NOT stick to your clear coat and wipe or wash away with complete ease leaving the clear coat and paint protected. Car looks shiny all the time, needs less washing and washes away easy. And for what you get its relatively cheap. Going to do this for all my cars.

Quick Reply: New To Me C4S Cab, and my plan...